Work your magic

Re: Calling on optimists

We could have lost 4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Work your magic
    We are fecked

At the start of the season would you have taken having to win the last two games to get promoted? I would

We will definitely be in it come the last day of the season. Fulham may yet bottle it - stranger things have happened.

We are still in front.....

I'm running out of ideas here. Fulham are favourites now, it is unlikely that we will get promoted.

We’ve over achieved. We need to see games off when we are 1 nil up. We won’t win the playoffs, we’d be mentally phucked if we ended up 3rd. Ah well....

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    At the start of the season would you have taken having to win the last two games to get promoted? I would

We will definitely be in it come the last day of the season. Fulham may yet bottle it - stranger things have happened.

We are still in front.....

I'm running out of ideas here. Fulham are favourites now, it is unlikely that we will get promoted.
    If optimistic nick isn't optimistic then ladies and gents it's been a pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We’ve over achieved. We need to see games off when we are 1 nil up. We won’t win the playoffs, we’d be mentally phucked if we ended up 3rd. Ah well....
    We've won 16 out of 17 games this season after being 1-0 up

If optimistic nick isn't optimistic then ladies and gents it's been a pleasure
    Very hard to do anything but turn to the bottle after that second half.

Huddleston should have walked for kicking Paterson in the face, we should have had a penalty, Jerome could have walked for elbowing Bamba. Refs hate us. Wildschut's shit, Bamba's form seems to have dipped, Ken's injured by the looks of things, Hull will rip our defence apart, Jursset will go blind with joy, we'll get smashed again by Derby in the playoffs and we'll bemocked endlessly

But at least we're not in red

Two huge games, let's back them and see how it ends up

It's two matches.

If you can't be optimistic and get behind the lads for these two then not sure why you would at any point this season.

It's been a fantastic season, I thought we would lose our way after Christmas but we didn't, we may have done after Villa but we didn't.

Probably need to win both matches and we have to go for it.

If we fail to get promoted we'll be playing in a far better division for excitement next year and we won't be expecting to be thrashed each game

I'm gutted that after all their effort this team may not make it - but surprisingly alright about seeing what NW might make out of our team with another transfer window to work in.

There is a chance we might win the Playoff Final at Wembley - which would be awesome and earn us a trophy!

Running out of ideas now...

Huddleston should have walked for kicking Paterson in the face
    , He had every right to go for that

we should have had a penalty
    , Agreed

Jerome could have walked for elbowing Bamba
    . Except he didn't

Refs hate us
    . No they don't, but the "style" of "football" from Cardiff means that refs will be penalising you more than the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    , He had every right to go for that

, Agreed

. Except he didn't

. No they don't, but the "style" of "football" from Cardiff means that refs will be penalising you more than the opposition.
    No he didn't, I'm on about the one in the first half, the ball's gone and Huddlestone kicks him

I agree, he shouldn't have gone. Certainly put Bamba off though

That's more or less just a more long winded version of what I said

Tonight is a off half it happens, Would rather be in Cardiff’s shoes than ours, what ever happens following our teams, nothing will beat the excitement of tnis season

Let's be honest, we've got away with murder over the course of a season. We have been very profligate in possession and have been very jammy that the opposition squander so many chances week after week. Warnock has done a terrific job with meagre resources but it looks like we will miss out on automatic promotion.

We could lose our next two matches and still go up automatically.

I'm optimistic, Baker boy!

Bring it on, eh?!

Last time we lost we won the next 2 games

No we haven't. We drew at Millwall after taking the lead. We lost at both QPR and Derby after opening the scoring.

We've won 23 out of 26 games when we've been 1-0 up. It's still one of the best records in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No we haven't. We drew at Millwall after taking the lead. We lost at both QPR and Derby after opening the scoring.

We've won 23 out of 26 games when we've been 1-0 up. It's still one of the best records in the division.
    Interesting. Sky sports got their info wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Let's be honest, we've got away with murder over the course of a season. We have been very profligate in possession and have been very jammy that the opposition squander so many chances week after week. Warnock has done a terrific job with meagre resources but it looks like we will miss out on automatic promotion.
    That’s a very honest opinion, when I have watched Cardiff, I could easily make a case that Cardiff could of drawn that when they have, but that’s not luck it’s the warnock way, totally effective, I expect hull I’ll feel the backlash, amazing season

Nothing new there!

No they said 1 nil up at half time.👍

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No they said 1 nil up at half time.��
    That's only happened 8 times this season. Villa home, Sheff Utd home, Sunderland away, Ipswich home, Boro home, Barnsley home, Forest home and Derby away.

I've found the stat. We've won 16 out of 17 when we've been ahead at half time (regardless of scoreline).