+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hull City

Hull City

Just looking through their season for clues as to how things might go on Saturday.

First positive - their last home outing was a 1-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.

Hull have won 7 at home. Incredibly, in 6 of those wins they scored 3 or more.

They've scored 2 goals or less at home on 16 occasions and incredibly only won 1 of those 16, losing over half of their games when they've scored 1 or 2. Given their defensive indiscipline at home, they've failed to score 5 and drawn 4 of them!

Against the top sides in the division they've lost to Wolves, Middlesbrough and Millwall, drawing with Fulham, Villa and Derby.

Basically, they win big at home and are capable of scoring lots of goals. Teams who keep it tight there more often than not get the win.

Defend like we did in the second half tonight and we're cannon fodder. Defend like we know we can and we can definitely keep a clean sheet. Then we need to keep possession far better than we have recently.

Re: Hull City

Beware Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Beware Harry Wilson
    He is in great form - but Cardiff will have too much for Hull surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He is in great form - but Cardiff will have too much for Hull surely?
    Er.....I’m not convinced. It’s a tough game. Fingers crossed but I think Fulham are in pole position now.

Er.....I’m not convinced. It’s a tough game. Fingers crossed but I think Fulham are in pole position now.
    It's all about Cardiff and how we perform on Saturday. Play like we did tonight and it's heartbreak again in the playoffs.

They're not

Cardiff are second with 2 games to go. Cardiff are in pole position.

They're not

By simply looking at the table yes.

I actually felt Fulham were favourites even before tonight due to the momentum they have and how poor our recent performances have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    By simply looking at the table yes.

I actually felt Fulham were favourites even before tonight due to the momentum they have and how poor our recent performances have been.
    There's little doubt that Cardiff are playing less football as the season progresses and the finishing line comes into view. But, defeats against the Champs (Wolves) and Villa away (expected) - Cardiff won 12 and drew 3 of the other 15 games. Tonight was poor, but Cardiff are 2nd for a reason. They are effective (although awful to watch), and they tend to get results against the teams you'd expect them to beat (maybe Bolton aside).

They're not

I think Fulham have the easier run in. Hull away is a hard game against a team in form. I’m not confident you will win. I thought you would beat Derby tonight. That would have given you the Hull game as a free hit given that you should have a home banker against us.

You must beat Hull.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a load of Fulham fans at Hull on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see a load of Fulham fans at Hull on Saturday.
    Those lot from West London - no chance - bunch of happy clappers.

Let’s not forget that Hull conceded 5 (F-I-V-E) goals to a pretty average Bristol City on Saturday.

They may score goals, but they are by no means invincible

Bookies have us as low as evens to win on Saturday, with Hull around the 9/4 mark.

Hopefully Gruijc will be back in

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Let’s not forget that Hull conceded 5 (F-I-V-E) goals to a pretty average Bristol City on Saturday.

They may score goals, but they are by no means invincible
    If they don't score many, they tend to concede quite a few. The oddity is that they're good at getting 0-0 draws but hopeless winning games when they score 1 or 2.

Wilson has been one of the best players in the Championship in the last 3 months, he is dangerous and no doubt he will hurt us if he gets a chance.

This game will be very difficult I feel.

One factor is after last weekend hull city are safe, I would expect Atkins to play a few fringe players, it’s going to the last game

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    One factor is after last weekend hull city are safe, I would expect Atkins to play a few fringe players, it’s going to the last game
    If it doesn’t go to the last game, we will have already been promoted

It's Hull, they've got 8 points from 5 and they're 18th. That's the positive. We should beat them and if we don't, we've only got ourselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Dream on this is Cardiff City we are talking about. You keep trying to convince yourself we won’t screw up, whilst you keep marching on.

What I do know of Cardiff this season , they are very good at picking themselves off the ground and delivering a positive result after a poor game ,to be air they had a poor 45 minutes ,thought we held our own in the first half ,they lacked the quality they have in depth , we gifted them a win by some dreadful mistakes, a very poor finish,and a poor penalty decision,which if had gone the right way gives us 3 goals ,no wonder they go better in the second half confidence wise ,Xmas had arrived without the snow