+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for the play offs

Get ready for the play offs

Does anyone seriously think we’ll win at Hull? I’ve been confident upto the Villa away game, but we look like we’re running on empty now, and as much as it pains me to admit, we’ll be playing championship football again next season.

Re: Get ready for the play offs

We can win the play offs.

If not theres worse places to be than the Championship

Derby in the play offs most likely.

If we're running on empty, we have options on the bench to freshen things up.

Now is where we find out how good Warnock's management is. He's got lots right this season, but by his own admission has got things wrong (thinking Preston away when he said he wanted to change things but felt the players had earned their shirts, even if they were tired).

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Does anyone seriously think we’ll win at Hull? I’ve been confident upto the Villa away game, but we look like we’re running on empty now, and as much as it pains me to admit, we’ll be playing championship football again next season.
    I think Cardiff will win at Hull. It is a case of all or nothing now, and I think they will get a win by 2 goals.

Why can't we beat Hull away? They're where they are for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Derby in the play offs most likely.
    Revenge. I rememeber QPR beating us and going crazy , taunting us after the game. Revenge was sweet. Derby we will beat. Villa then in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Why can't we beat Hull away? They're where they are for a reason.
    The players will be wanting to bounce back on Saturday. It's very likely they will go into the game in 3rd place and will go out all guns blazing. I think it's the Reading game that will be tricky.

We were bloody awful in that second half tonight. That was a real kick in the bollocks that result. I think we need Fulham to drop points now because I just cannot see us winning both ours.

We were awful at home to Preston over Christmas and then went on a great run. Still all to play for. The mind can play funny tricks on people. We are still in the box seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    We were bloody awful in that second half tonight. That was a real kick in the bollocks that result. I think we need Fulham to drop points now because I just cannot see us winning both ours.
    Why can't you? Cardiff started the season with 5 wins and recently won 8 in a row. They can win the next 2, although I expect the Reading game to be a nervy affair.

You feel down today,( been there myself) come Saturday you will feel positive again, it’s apart of the roller coaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    You feel down today,( been there myself) come Saturday you will feel positive again, it’s apart of the roller coaster
    I'll feel better when Sunderland have made it 4 on the trot at your place!

The only two ways goal difference will be relevant are if:

*we lose on Saturday and Fulham draw at home to Sunderland, then we both either draw or win a week Sunday;
    *or we both win this weekend, then we lose at home to Reading and Fulham draw at Birmingham.

Can't see either of those happening.

We haven’t played well for a while and won, just grinding out results like forest, Norwich etc...forget the playoffs, we don’t do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The players will be wanting to bounce back on Saturday. It's very likely they will go into the game in 3rd place and will go out all guns blazing. I think it's the Reading game that will be tricky.
    Hull is shite or bust

Knowing us we will probably win at Hull and lose against the useless Reading.

its a cliche but it is now 2 cup finals

we havent done well recently in cup finals though

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll feel better when Sunderland have made it 4 on the trot at your place!
    Lol, if that's what we have to rely on for promotion we may as well prepare for the play offs now! A dire Sunderland team, the worse in the division by a mile, managed by someone born in Swansea who is also a former Fulham captain, manager and legend playing away against a free flowing football team who have gone half a season unbeaten. Come 3 pm Saturday the pressure will be on us big time to do the business at a rejuvenated free scoring Hull team.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Lol, if that's what we have to rely on for promotion we may as well prepare for the play offs now! A dire Sunderland team, the worse in the division by a mile, managed by someone born in Swansea who is also a former Fulham captain, manager and legend playing away against a free flowing football team who have gone half a season unbeaten. Come 3 pm Saturday the pressure will be on us big time to do the business at a rejuvenated free scoring Hull team.
    Who also let five goals in last Saturday and lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday the week before. No reason why we cant beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Who also let five goals in last Saturday and lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday the week before. No reason why we cant beat them.
    That may well be the case, but the gist of my reply was I for one won't be relying on Sunderland beating Fulham the previous night! I can see nothing other than a Man City - Swansea type performance and result here.

I think Fulham will either hammer Sunderland by 4 or 5 or they'll drop points.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    I think Fulham will either hammer Sunderland by 4 or 5 or they'll drop points.
    Spot on, they’ll either win or they’ll lose or draw. Bet your house on it.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    That may well be the case, but the gist of my reply was I for one won't be relying on Sunderland beating Fulham the previous night! I can see nothing other than a Man City - Swansea type performance and result here.
    Sunderland have got some good players however (Mcgeedy, O'shea, Matthews, McNair, Fletcher) and have seriously under performed all season, so now the pressure is off they could well play a lot better. Unlikely perhaps but lets hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Spot on, they’ll either win or they’ll lose or draw. Bet your house on it.
    Which isn't what I said, but yeah.
    I think Sunderland will either not give a shit and get hammered or be right tough bastards and nick a draw.