+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marko Grujic

Marko Grujic

What's happened? One of our best midfield players and part of our brilliant run left on the bench AGAIN tonight

With him out of the team our ball retention has dropped considerably and we've just hoofed it forward aimlessly time and time again

He's gotten a lot right this season, but Warnock got it badly wrong tonight

Re: Marko Grujic

should be there instead of gunnerson

Got to get gunner fit for the world cup it seems

By my calculations he needs to play the next 2 to avoid incurring the additional fee

I agree, Grujic is a must for me.
    He does the simple, unremarkable things well.
    Saturday will be a true test of how good we are at keeping the ball.
    He's one of the true class players we have, has time on the ball and doesn't panic.
    I'd play five across the middle with Grujic sat alongside Ralls, a bit deeper.
    We cannot concede early on and the longer the game goes on I think we will take control, hopefully with an early goal for us.
    Keeping possession is key and not panicking.
    We've shown our strengths towards the end of games and the bench is full of options if needed.
    It's set up nicely for the usual nail biter, it never is easy following the City!
    Up the City!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    By my calculations he needs to play the next 2 to avoid incurring the additional fee
    My theory is the opposite of that. He's played the requisite number of games in the loan agreement and either NW's not convinced by him or there's some form of finacial penalty if he plays more.

For me he has to play in (all) of the remaining games.

Gunnarsson was a passenger in the second half, looks sapped of energy, along with his unaturally high arm action around the pitch. Lets also drop this Madine softens up the opposition defence nonsense ... you might as well send on an MMA fighter for 60 or so minutes of each game - he's a striker who never looks like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My theory is the opposite of that. He's played the requisite number of games in the loan agreement and either NW's not convinced by him or there's some form of finacial penalty if he plays more.

For me he has to play in (all) of the remaining games.
    He's our only centre mid that can pass the bloody ball or has any composure with it. I originally thought he might have played enough or Warnock/the club don't care about the fine given our position but I think you might be right re the fee if he plays. It would explain why he's disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Gunnarsson was a passenger in the second half, looks sapped of energy, along with his unaturally high arm action around the pitch. Lets also drop this Madine softens up the opposition defence nonsense ... you might as well send on an MMA fighter for 60 or so minutes of each game - he's a striker who never looks like scoring.
    Doesn't look capable of shooting either judging by his howler.