+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we put close to our strongest team out for Saturday?

Can we put close to our strongest team out for Saturday?

Not too sure tonight was it. Some odd selections. Jamie ward wasn’t particularly bad but it was a random start to say the least. Yanic coming on and NML staying off. Peltier on the bench. Madine- well no words needed. Gunnarson still makes us look worse as a team for me and what’s happened to Grujic?

Just wonder how much is left from them and how many aren’t fit? Hoping that Warnock has saved it for Saturday. Wonder what team will be?

Re: Can we put close to our strongest team out for Saturday?

Grujic is a must. He's the only player who can keep control of possession. I'd like to see how he and Ralls link up. Paterson flatters to deceive for me - yes, he scores goals, a great one tonight, but I can't recall him doing anything with the ball in helping us develop an attacking platform.

Hoilett has been off form for a number of games and I'd rest him. A great volley at Norwich apart, he's been poor recently.

Zohore has to start. I prefer Manga to Peltier only because Manga is better with the ball. Defensively we can cover when he goes absent.

I'd go

Etheridge
    Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett (and give them all a kick up the arse)
    Bryson Grujic Ralls
    Pilkington Zohore Mendez-Laing (put NML on the left, where he caused so much damage earlier in the season, he seems wasted on the right)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Grujic is a must. He's the only player who can keep control of possession. I'd like to see how he and Ralls link up. Paterson flatters to deceive for me - yes, he scores goals, a great one tonight, but I can't recall him doing anything with the ball in helping us develop an attacking platform.

Hoilett has been off form for a number of games and I'd rest him. A great volley at Norwich apart, he's been poor recently.

Zohore has to start. I prefer Manga to Peltier only because Manga is better with the ball. Defensively we can cover when he goes absent.

I'd go

Etheridge
    Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett (and give them all a kick up the arse)
    Bryson Grujic Ralls
    Pilkington Zohore Mendez-Laing (put NML on the left, where he caused so much damage earlier in the season, he seems wasted on the right)
    Sorry - your posts are usually quite sensible but youve got it wrong here. Zohore was poor when he came on and offered nothing. We need a proper defender at right back who covers the space correctly, so Peltier has to come in for Manga. Manga kicks the ball away to the opposition every time he gets it and we have struggled defensively every time he has played at right back because of the wide open spaces he leaves, which Bamba and Morrison then have to cover and leave spaces in the middle. Paterson is our best goal scoring option from midfield, so we cant leave him out - he played better that Gunnarson or Ward tonight. Grujic for Ward would be my option and possibly NML for Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sorry - your posts are usually quite sensible but youve got it wrong here. Zohore was poor when he came on and offered nothing. We need a proper defender at right back who covers the space correctly, so Peltier has to come in for Manga. Manga kicks the ball away to the opposition every time he gets it and we have struggled defensively every time he has played at right back because of the wide open spaces he leaves, which Bamba and Morrison then have to cover and leave spaces in the middle. Paterson is our best goal scoring option from midfield, so we cant leave him out - he played better that Gunnarson or Ward tonight. Grujic for Ward would be my option and possibly NML for Hoilett.
    Zohore was supposed to be carrying a knock. He kept slipping on the greasy surface which made me wonder what he had underneath his boots.

Paterson better than Gunnarsson? His goal apart, I didn't notice him, other than when he was chasing players and not catching them. If he's an attacking midfielder, how well did he link up with the attack (bar the goal)? I can't remember another positive contribution from him. He runs around a lot and times runs into the box, but I don't see him as someone who can pass the ball or link up with others.