+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back......

Just got back......

Well, THAT was disappointing (as no doubt everyone saw on TV). Talk about a game of two halves.

I have learnt to trust Colin's team selection but I couldn't help feeling despondent when I saw Madine starting. Jamie Ward was a surprise, but I know nothing about him so there must have been a good reason for him to be in the team.

We looked to be in control once we scored, but the HT team talk certainly worked for Derby as we just couldn't seem to get out of our half or retain any sort of possession after the break. I don't recall us having any chances in the second half until Madine missed what looked to be a sitter (I had to text one of my sons after the game to ask him what sort of a chance it was as it looked glorious from where we were standing)

That seemed to be the turning point as we conceded what looked to be a daft first goal - I actually looked away as Etheridge had the ball in his hands, only to look back to see the Derby player putting the ball in the net!

I thought that the substitutions were brave and I was glad to see us going for what looked like the win.

But oh dear - what WAS Wildschut thinking of?

And the third goal looked to be fatigue by the otherwise solid Morrison by which time the game was all but lost.

So we have to do it the hard way now - we still have the upper hand but I am getting an ominous feeling about what happens next, borne out of past experience.

Tonight was frustrating as we made three defensive mistakes, all of which cost us, when our defence has been the strongest in the league this year. I have read about people complaining about our style of football - I don't think that is likely to change in the last two games, as it has largely got the team this far. I do agree that we could play a bit more football and we look a better team when we do, but we all know that the instructions are to get the ball into the final third as quickly as possible.

There is still something not right in our midfield - there seem to be big gaps now where previously there weren't. Is it something to do with Gunnarson? Does Gruijc need to start ahead of him and is Ralls fully fit (he seems to be lacking a yard of pace)?

As for up front.....I just can't see any reason for Madine starting ahead of Kenneth or Pilks. He won the odd header tonight but NEVER looks like scoring and hasn't done since he arrived.

Re: Just got back......

Bobby..no mention of the blatant penalty which would (maybe) have made it 2.0.
    I guess you didn't see it. Ref had the best view in the stadium.

exactly ken the most blatant penalty you will ever see . a cast iron penalty

apart from the ref perspective of course it seems

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Bobby..no mention of the blatant penalty which would (maybe) have made it 2.0.
    I guess you didn't see it. Ref had the best view in the stadium.
    There were a few penalty shouts in the first half. Is that what you are talking about?

The handball one was a 100% call..ref 8 yds away..