The phrases "finding a way to win" and "winning ugly" seem to have been applied to Cardiff City an awful lot this season. The ability to win when not playing well has to be a good thing and, after the Forest game, the conversation reflected this - yet again, we had not impressed, but we have something which enables us to come out on top in these tight, toughly contested matches.

We won eight consecutive matches not long ago, but how many of them did you think we played well in? That run bemused me because we looked so poor at times and yet we kept on "finding a way to win".

There is an alternative explanation of course, we have just been very lucky in many of our matches and the results have not reflected the true nature of the games.

In fact, if you look at things in terms of performance and not results, it seems to me that an argument can be made for saying that the squad we have now have been under achieving for the last three months or so.

Now I must emphasise that I do not fully support the conclusions I've outlined here by any means - we have not had the season we have done purely because we have been lucky, but, on the other hand, I do believe that our general level of performance has been pretty ordinary when compared with the first ten games or so this time around and many of our displays after Neil Warnock took over last season.

I'm just putting something out here for a, hopefuily, civilised discussion about our squad and how they have performed in recent months.