+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Throwing in the towel lads ?

Throwing in the towel lads ?

Pisser of a result but if this team is good enough to be within two wins of promotion then it's no walkover !

It's fecking depressing listening to some of you fair play

Warnock and his team have done us proud this season

Re: Throwing in the towel lads ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Pisser of a result but if this team is good enough to be within two wins of promotion then it's no walkover !

I agree with this totally. Yes I thought the performance was poor but to be honest I was more nervous at Norwich when we were chasing Fulham. That was a must win game and we had 10 minutes of pure joy at the end. Derby needed to win last night and came out the second half as a different team. We didn’t need to win, hence we had a few players who I would of started on the bench. If Warnock was a gambling man he would keep our best players for Hull and Reading as we have a much better chance of winning these 2 than Derby.

It doesn’t matter if Fulham win both their games as they can’t catch us if we win ours. We will have a big loud support up at Hull and the noise our fans made at Derby before game and during the first half last night was amazing. The commentator on Sky apologised (I couldn’t make the re-arranged game due to work commitments) for the swearing from Cardiff fans which I thought was funny. I will be going to Hull on Saturday with the full intention of losing my voice from giving the team my full vocal support – which the players do respond to.

The players know they messed up and will go at Hull from the start. Hull have nothing to play for and they will probably give one or 2 players a try and they will not go in so heavy for 50/50 challenges as who wants to be injured over the summer??

We have a decent squad to pick from and we defo missed Bryson last night, who should go back into the team. We have a team of super subs who will play the full 90 + injury time to win on Saturday. Roll on Saturday – I can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nearly 40 View Post
    I agree with this totally. Yes I thought the performance was poor but to be honest I was more nervous at Norwich when we were chasing Fulham. That was a must win game and we had 10 minutes of pure joy at the end. Derby needed to win last night and came out the second half as a different team. We didn’t need to win, hence we had a few players who I would of started on the bench. If Warnock was a gambling man he would keep our best players for Hull and Reading as we have a much better chance of winning these 2 than Derby.

It doesn’t matter if Fulham win both their games as they can’t catch us if we win ours. We will have a big loud support up at Hull and the noise our fans made at Derby before game and during the first half last night was amazing. The commentator on Sky apologised (I couldn’t make the re-arranged game due to work commitments) for the swearing from Cardiff fans which I thought was funny. I will be going to Hull on Saturday with the full intention of losing my voice from giving the team my full vocal support – which the players do respond to.

The players know they messed up and will go at Hull from the start. Hull have nothing to play for and they will probably give one or 2 players a try and they will not go in so heavy for 50/50 challenges as who wants to be injured over the summer??

We have a decent squad to pick from and we defo missed Bryson last night, who should go back into the team. We have a team of super subs who will play the full 90 + injury time to win on Saturday. Roll on Saturday – I can’t wait.
    You sound like a true supporter mate , good on you !

Funny isn't it?

No idea how some people cope during a relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Funny isn't it?

No idea how some people cope during a relegation.
    Relegations are easy. You just accept that there's nothing you can do and let it happen. Promotion is WAY more stressful.

I know, we’ve had lots of them over the years.

We are in prime position mathematically so why does everyone think we are already in the play-offs? Hull conceded 5 goals on Saturday – so who says we can’t score 5?

Warnock will have the players fired up for this one and if it’s not working he will be quicker to make changes. Sunderland may surprise us and beat Fulham. Stranger things have happened.

We are in prime position mathematically so why does everyone think we are already in the play-offs? Hull conceded 5 goals on Saturday – so who says we can’t score 5?

Warnock will have the players fired up for this one and if it’s not working he will be quicker to make changes. Sunderland may surprise us and beat Fulham. Stranger things have happened.
    The trouble with lines like "Warnock will have the players fired up for this one" is that it implies that they weren't fired up for the Derby match, despite the knowledge that a win would leave them needing just one more victory from two matches to seal promotion.

Agree with the sentiment regarding negativity, but there is no way on earth either of the things in bold will happen this weekend. That's not negative but realistic. If we win, it will be by the odd goal.

I'm hoping after our shambolic defensive display second half that our usually reliable defence will be right up for it to make amends for a one off poor performance. Be nice to tighten up them huge gaps in the midfield area as well. If we do this we will probably be OK.

You're ****ing right mate..all those *****

Personally don't think they were up for it as in the back of everyone's mind (players included ) was we need to win 2 out of 3 games. We now need to win especially if Fulham do on Friday....just as it was against Forest last week.
    Not the best game against Forest but you could see the determination of the players to score the winner

Personally don't think they were up for it as in the back of everyone's mind (players included ) was we need to win 2 out of 3 games. We now need to win especially if Fulham do on Friday....just as it was against Forest last week.
    Not the best game against Forest but you could see the determination of the players to score the winner
    I mentioned in my blog that I always regarded last night's match as a bit of a free hit, so I see where you are coming from, but I'm speaking as a fan there - given all that went on when the first game was called off, I'd have hoped that our players would have been busting a gut to beat Derby, even if they had no chance of promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Relegations are easy. You just accept that there's nothing you can do and let it happen. Promotion is WAY more stressful.
    100%!

Relegations have their moments where you get an unexpected win that raises everyone's hopes, then normal service is resumed rather swifty, dashing any frail hopes that remained!

I thought they would of been up for more as well Bob and I'm not sure what went on at half time but Derby came out on fire. I'm not sure how much of an impact the penalty decision had on the team I.e. nothing is going our way etc., but you could see the way the players reacted to the goals they knew they had a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I mentioned in my blog that I always regarded last night's match as a bit of a free hit, so I see where you are coming from, but I'm speaking as a fan there - given all that went on when the first game was called off, I'd have hoped that our players would have been busting a gut to beat Derby, even if they had no chance of promotion.
    They may well have done so Bob had we no chance of promotion and warnocks team talk would have been easy but they were playing to orders last night and had the emotion taken away.
    I said before that I thought NW got it wrong against Derby in selection and tactics, perhaps understandable that he wanted to try and defend our lead.
    Problem is we were too TOO defensive and poor as a unit.

If I were Warnock, I'd sit my players down after training this week and show them a selection of the highlights of first three home games of the season and say just go and do what you did there.
    If everyone plays with the shackles off I think we can pull this off.

To win we have to show far more quality on the ball.

Im sure we will be fired up.

I thought they would of been up for more as well Bob and I'm not sure what went on at half time but Derby came out on fire. I'm not sure how much of an impact the penalty decision had on the team I.e. nothing is going our way etc., but you could see the way the players reacted to the goals they knew they had a second chance.
    If we go 1-0 at half time against Hull, can you imagine our opponents coming out on fire?

The players tried their best last night as they have all season, I have no doubt that at all. It’s just that if your going to allow a team, like Derby did last night, to relentlessy come at us, then it’s really hard work. Our lads looked shattered last night by the end.

That said I’m over it now. Kicked the dog, sulk over and looking forward to Saturday.

To be honest we was largely in control and then a massive howler happened and the players just seem to have dropped their heads very uncharacteristic of us to give those goals away

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    To be honest we was largely in control and then a massive howler happened and the players just seem to have dropped their heads very uncharacteristic of us to give those goals away
    We’ve got one thing on our side that gives me real hope we can do it. Neil Warnock. He’s been there and done it, seven times. You wouldn’t want anyone else in charge for these last two games.

Could be the kick up the jacksie we need to dig out two good performances.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    You're ****ing right mate..all those *****
    That's Alfie noakes folks

I also think Warnock saw last night as a free hit. He clearly rested players. I thought Ward did well though.

Hoping Grujic and Bryson start at Hull.

That's Alfie noakes folks
    SS ****ing Bogie

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    SS ****ing Bogie
    Can I jostle your member memory ?

Superb post ,true city fan.