+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine

Gary Madine

What’s everyone’s proper opinions on him? For me, he looks lost, confidence is shot. I can’t see him staying next season, definitely not if we go up. I feel sorry for the lad. I’d love it if he got a goal on Saturday. From the bench obviously.

Re: Gary Madine

Give it two more games

He didn't have a lucky start for us - no early goals; broken nose; hurt ribs.

In some ways his career path at Cardiff has been like Cornelius' so far.

I've seen nothing to say he adds anything to our game.
    People say " oh he wins loads of headers' well so he should, but he's a striker and he's shown nothing in that department. I was against signing him at the time, scored a few goals for a shit Bolton side. Zahore may not be the messiah we thought he was, but he's better than madine by a mile. This guy was a transfer mistake, probably the only one Neil has made to be fair, and maybe his hands were tied due to grabban holding out for more money.
    Ce la vie.

Think our Neil has lost patience with him, hauled off straightaway after he missed that chance.

So far, he's done very little to justify his price tag. For such a big bloke, it seems to me that he gets dealt with by opposition defenders quite easily week in, week out.

Price tag not his doing, as soon as a striker scores more then ten in any league,the game places a false value on ones head, we were stuffed by our own headlines of signing something special up front, we failed and reverted to the next best option and signed a player who had made some headlines at a lower club than Bournemouth's Graban ,agents strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Price tag not his doing, as soon as a striker scores more then ten in any league,the game places a false value on ones head, we were stuffed by our own headlines of signing something special up front, we failed and reverted to the next best option and signed a player who had made some headlines at a lower club than Bournemouth's Graban ,agents strike again.
    He doesn't put his own name on the team sheet either.

A generous statement would be that he is leaving it late in the season to show that he was worth the money.....

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I've seen nothing to say he adds anything to our game.
    People say " oh he wins loads of headers' well so he should, but he's a striker and he's shown nothing in that department. I was against signing him at the time, scored a few goals for a shit Bolton side. Zahore may not be the messiah we thought he was, but he's better than madine by a mile. This guy was a transfer mistake, probably the only one Neil has made to be fair, and maybe his hands were tied due to grabban holding out for more money.
    Ce la vie.
    C'est la vie

Sadly he is not very good. Looks nowhere near scoring even if presented with golden opportunities and for his height he doesn't even seem that good in the air. The bonus is that he enlivened Zahore.

Anyone else notice that when he's sprinting to close down a defender, he will often put his head down?

In fairness, Zohore has mis-kicked at least three times in front of goal in 2018 but there has not been the outcry against him - probably 'cos he scored at the second attempt.

Until he's not a Cardiff player , he needs the support of the fans

It was only after Madine went off, that Keogh suddenly found the space to keep bombing forward, as our Ken, don't like tracking back.

Can we win at Hull, YES, will we win at Hull, "have not got a clue after that performance"

Which CARDIFF CITY will turn up. ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Until he's not a Cardiff player , he needs the support of the fans
    ��������

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It was only after Madine went off, that Keogh suddenly found the space to keep bombing forward, as our Ken, don't like tracking back.

Can we win at Hull, YES, will we win at Hull, "have not got a clue after that performance"

Which CARDIFF CITY will turn up. ?
    Alex Revell used to close down defenders. He was shit in front of goal too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Alex Revell used to close down defenders. He was shit in front of goal too.
    Albin Zohore scored 1 in 16 games for FC Copenhagen, didn't even play for Fiorentina, scored 1 every 5 games for Brondby against world beating defences; barely played for Goteburg. It's only with us he's done anything of note...

Revell has played against generally better defences over 550 times. You don't play that many games by being utter shit.

Only someone unable to grasp the salient fact we create few chances for our strikers would think that.

He's low on confidence (probably not helped by some fans singing Zohore's name whens he's on the bench for FFS) and snatched at the chance, it was hardly a tap in and I doubt Zohore would have scored it (he's missed similar and easier chances before)

Madine is clearly a good player and needs the backing of the fans. Despite not scoring for Cardiff yet Madine still has more goals than Zohore this season

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Albin Zohore scored 1 in 16 games for FC Copenhagen, didn't even play for Fiorentina, scored 1 every 5 games for Brondby against world beating defences; barely played for Goteburg. It's only with us he's done anything of note...

Revell has played against generally better defences over 550 times. You don't play that many games by being utter shit.

Only someone unable to grasp the salient fact we create few chances for our strikers would think that.
    Yes, hes a world class finisher is Madine, were just not creating the chances for him.

And who the **** is Albin Zahore?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, hes a world class finisher is Madine, were just not creating the chances for him.

If we're honest, set pieces apart, we don't create a huge amount of chances full stop.

It's his real first name, do keep up.

Ten goals for a shit Bolton side is far more impressive than Zohore scoring less than a converted defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we're honest, set pieces apart, we don't create a huge amount of chances full stop.
    Bingo.

Much like Gestede, it's entirely dependent upon the service. Blackburn put quick, quality crosses into the box, Gested was a 20 goal a season striker at this level.

We don't use our strikers effectively, we isolate them so much they have to drift out wide / come deep. Not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's his real first name, do keep up.

Ten goals for a shit Bolton side is far more impressive than Zohore scoring less than a converted defender.
    No it isnt