+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The war on plastic

The war on plastic

Alls great and that, including all this enforced recycling (for the councils benefit who proceed to waste money all the time) but whatever we do as a nation, that’s not going to do diddly-squat compared to the big players such as China and India and then leaving us as a nation slightly worse off financially.

However it does bug me when I see litter lying about!

Re: The war on plastic

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Alls great and that, including all this enforced recycling (for the councils benefit who proceed to waste money all the time) but whatever we do as a nation, that’s not going to do diddly-squat compared to the big players such as China and India and then leaving us as a nation slightly worse off financially.

However it does bug me when I see litter lying about!
    I saw a documentary about a month ago. Hundreds of tons of plastic for recycling that was sent to China. It was rejected as it hadn't been separated from non-recycables.
    Some company in the UK getting rid of it at little cost.

Get rid of plastics with hemp.

absolutely, did you see those sunday morning joggers in London throwing plastic everywhere, bet they don`t get fined for littering.

Get your point but change has to start somewhere, however small

Can't we just burn it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I saw a documentary about a month ago. Hundreds of tons of plastic for recycling that was sent to China. It was rejected as it hadn't been separated from non-recycables.
    Some company in the UK getting rid of it at little cost.
    Sky has done a few programs about it recently

one showed a storage place in Poland, the " cubes " had been sat around so long the plastic bags ( this was before we became hot on pre-sorting it all, after China had said they no longer want to be the dumping ground of the worlds plastic ) had started to disintegrate, the expert said as it was " mixed " no-one would ever take it now, so it would just be left where it is

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can't we just burn it all?
    One of the counties in the documentary was, might have been Thailand or Malaysia, they were taking payment for the plastic and secretly burning it

I know I'm going to get slammed for this but honestly, I don't give a ****. There's much more important things to worry about than a few fish getting caught up in a bit of plastic. **** me I bet they would rather a bottle top up their nose than being faced by mile wide trawlers nets bearing down on them.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I know I'm going to get slammed for this but honestly, I don't give a ****. There's much more important things to worry about than a few fish getting caught up in a bit of plastic. **** me I bet they would rather a bottle top up their nose than being faced by mile wide trawlers nets bearing down on them.
    I'm sure the fish are looking forward to such a referendum. I reckon it will go 52% in favour of being killed in trawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    It's predicted that in a few years there'll be more plastic in the oceans than fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure the fish are looking forward to such a referendum. I reckon it will go 52% in favour of being killed in trawlers.
    They're gonna get killed and get eaten or just die one way or another.

There will be more plastic down the city next year definitely.

Errr.... maybe......