+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For those in the know....?

For those in the know....?

If Wembley is sold to the Fulham owner and his intention is to move Fulham to Wembley could they get anywhere near a crowd to justify the move?. I,m not
    sure of the catchment area.

Re: For those in the know....?

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    If Wembley is sold to the Fulham owner and his intention is to move Fulham to Wembley could they get anywhere near a crowd to justify the move?. I,m not
    sure of the catchment area.
    That's not the intention. It's for the NFL team they own.

They don't fill craven cottage. Maybe the first row if Wembley.

It's certainly not for them, more for a link up with the nfl, London franchise incoming.

Wembley will not be sold to Fulham. It might be sold to the guy whop owns Fulham. Who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars. Probably so he can move them to London.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wembley will not be sold to Fulham. It might be sold to the guy whop owns Fulham. Who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars. Probably so he can move them to London.
    Will they still be called the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Will they still be called the Jacksonville Jaguars?
    Nah the London royals

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Nah the London royals
    So not moving the team, simply starting a new one. Meanwhile fans of American football in Jacksonville can get f•cked. Total bollox.

Yeh I wasn't sure what crowds they were able to get at the mo.

So not moving the team, simply starting a new one. Meanwhile fans of American football in Jacksonville can get f•cked. Total bollox.
    Nope, would be moving the franchise so still same team.

Fans in Jacksonville? Their attendances are poor, if they were selling out every game would be no chance of moving.

Its the American way, Fans do not really matter to the Franchise setups

I remember when i used to watch the LA rams on C4 as a teenager

they became the St. Louis Rams which to me was completely wrong and were not my team ( not sure why i picked the LA Rams at the time )

Recently they moved back to LA and became the LA Rams again

a strange way to go about it

Bit like mk dons really. Happens more regularly in the states though. Sure they are still moving the oakland raiders to Vegas, obviously won't be called oakland.

All about the money, for the league and owners.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its the American way, Fans do not really matter to the Franchise setups

I remember when i used to watch the LA rams on C4 as a teenager

they became the St. Louis Rams which to me was completely wrong and were not my team ( not sure why i picked the LA Rams at the time )

Recently they moved back to LA and became the LA Rams again

a strange way to go about it
    LA is a big TV market. They moved to St Louis because fans weren't turning up.

LA has always been piss poor for sporting franchises, LA Lakers aside.

It's a simple equation; don't sell out games then in a league with a limited number of spots, other cities will want the franchise.

Bit like mk dons really. Happens more regularly in the states though. Sure they are still moving the oakland raiders to Vegas, obviously won't be called oakland.

Again, if the games aren't selling out and you've a vast number of other cities looking to get the franchise, then the team will be moved with permission from the league - it can't be moved on a whim, majority of owners have to approve.

We have a factory in Ohio that I'm at several times during the course of each year. Their local team is Columbus Crew, which will be moved wholesale to Austin next season. The owner only bought the franchise on the grounds that he could move it to Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    LA is a big TV market. They moved to St Louis because fans weren't turning up.

LA has always been piss poor for sporting franchises, LA Lakers aside.

It's a simple equation; don't sell out games then in a league with a limited number of spots, other cities will want the franchise.
    Surely the better idea would be to increase the franchise's though ? ? ? either increase the teams per division or just increase the divisions

The rams and the chargers have recently returned to LA

Periodically they do expand. Right now each division has 4 teams, can't see it expanding beyond 32 any time soon.

Again, the LA market is big with regards to TV market. Rams, Chargers home attendances have been woeful.

EDIT: League has a rule that if game not sold out, it cannot be shown on TV locally. That's led to many a franchise buying their own tickets to prevent a blackout...

Badly Ironed Skirt will be along shortly to remind everyone about the Cardiff State Redbirds

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Nope, would be moving the franchise so still same team.

Fans in Jacksonville? Their attendances are poor, if they were selling out every game would be no chance of moving.
    How is it the same team if it’s got a different name, different fans, different stadium and it plays in a different country?

How is it the same team if it’s got a different name, different fans, different stadium and it plays in a different country?
    Like virtually all North American sports, it's not a team it's a franchise.

That's why they often move.

Course they will fill it, they're never going to lose again by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Badly Ironed Skirt will be along shortly to remind everyone about the Cardiff State Redbirds
    Obsessed.