+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham buying Wembley stadium

First Team

Fulham buying Wembley stadium

Or at least their owner is. BBC and evening Standard reporting this as a done deal bar ratification by the FA board. A bargain at £800 million. Possibly more to do with his NFL franchise than Fulham but not many saw this coming.

Re: Fulham buying Wembley stadium

If we can’t play there, might as well buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    If we can’t play there, might as well buy it
    There are cheaper options. Just need to lose a couple of games then regain your form!

[QUOTE=cyril evans awaydays;4871479]There are cheaper options. Just need to lose a couple of games then regain your form![
    Even better why don’t you lose tomorrow, and have trip there, I am sure our chairman will look after you

[QUOTE=Fulham traveller;4871480]
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There are cheaper options. Just need to lose a couple of games then regain your form![
    Even better why don’t you lose tomorrow, and have trip there, I am sure our chairman will look after you
    I will wait until Saturday before even considering your kind offer of hospitality if you don't mind!

I suspect the plan is eventually for Fulham to move into Wembley and the magnificent Craven Cottage will be sold for housing thus recovering a large part of the outlay for the Stadium. Not a bad deal financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I suspect the plan is eventually for Fulham to move into Wembley and the magnificent Craven Cottage will be sold for housing thus recovering a large part of the outlay for the Stadium. Not a bad deal financially.
    I'd never go to a City away game to Fulham again, if they did move there.

F ucking shithole of a place

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If that’s the case, our chairman will be found dead somewhere

If it does go ahead it is totally wrong. Wembley is a National Heritage site in football terms and this is a bit like selling the Crown Jewels. It smacks of the FA lining their own pockets - again. If I remember correctly, the rebuilding of Wembley was partially funded by the National Lottery. Does the FA really seriously think that Khan, or any other foreign owner, would not sell it on to a redevelopment company if they got a good offer. The Government should step in and stop this.

[QUOTE=Fulham traveller;4871480]
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There are cheaper options. Just need to lose a couple of games then regain your form![
    Like a second home to us lot, why don't you go instead look..