Cant remember seeing such long odds for two teams in the same division:

Sunderland 14/1
    Sunderland plus 3 goals 4/9

Re: Crazy Fulham V Sunderland Odds

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Cant remember seeing such long odds for two teams in the same division:

Sunderland 14/1
    Sunderland plus 3 goals 4/9

I got 1/5 for a Fulham win for my Judas bet. So far it's not worked but I am very slowly getting richer

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I got 1/5 for a Fulham win for my Judas bet. So far it's not worked but I am very slowly getting richer
    Sunderland minus 1 - 30/1

Fancy a 2-2 draw

their sponsers are doing 4/1 fulham win. Max outlay £10.00.
    new members only

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    their sponsers are doing 4/1 fulham win. Max outlay £10.00.
    new members only
    Do you win money if you win or a combination of free bets etc like normal?

Considering the form of both teams- and their circumstances I’d say the bookies are being very generous there and the odds of a Fulham win are significantly higher than that.

The Sunderland handicap might be worth a look. +2 on betfair is 2.56 currently.

Before Burton they drew a few and beat Derby.

Probably not worth it as they haven't kept a clean sheet since January but for the championship it's certainly a bit interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The Sunderland handicap might be worth a look. +2 on betfair is 2.56 currently.

Before Burton they drew a few and beat Derby.

Probably not worth it as they haven't kept a clean sheet since January but for the championship it's certainly a bit interesting.
    I agree. They’ve been winning all their last 4 games until fairly late on- and they’ve won 0 of them.

I predict the same tonight. Sunderland to be 1 up after about 75 minutes but to lose 2 or 3 - 1.

I’d say it’s worth having 3 less pints this weekend and putting a Pavarotti on Sunderland. It’s obviously all geared up for a Fulham win, but at 14/1 you have the chance of the double whammy of winning £140 and almost garaunteeing automatic promotion for the City.
    We all know what can happen in football, just think of Man City/Wigan in this yrs FA cup.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’d say it’s worth having 3 less pints this weekend and putting a Pavarotti on Sunderland. It’s obviously all geared up for a Fulham win, but at 14/1 you have the chance of the double whammy of winning £140 and almost garaunteeing automatic promotion for the City.
    We all know what can happen in football, just think of Man City/Wigan in this yrs FA cup.
    Where is this bet? Surely it’s not real money you win?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I agree. They’ve been winning all their last 4 games until fairly late on- and they’ve won 0 of them.

I predict the same tonight. Sunderland to be 1 up after about 75 minutes but to lose 2 or 3 - 1.
    If Sunderland are in front going into the final 10 minutes or so it'll make for interesting viewing. The pressure on Fulham to get something would be immense and they won't have been under that sort of intense pressure this season.

I think someone once called it a funny old game.

I can remember peterboro being about 11/1 to beat us a few years back when we were top and they were bottom. They won. Also back in the 90s. City were something similar to win away at Plymouth, again they were top and city bottom 3. City won. It can happen lads. Weren't the jacks something like 12/1 a few years back at Anfield and won. The odds were similar this season when they played down Gypo town against Liverpool and they won. Keep the faith!
    Spedger

lets be honest here, only one result is going to happen, putting money on sunderland, it is like throwing it out your front door

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I can remember peterboro being about 11/1 to beat us a few years back when we were top and they were bottom. They won. Also back in the 90s. City were something similar to win away at Plymouth, again they were top and city bottom 3. City won. It can happen lads. Weren't the jacks something like 12/1 a few years back at Anfield and won. The odds were similar this season when they played down Gypo town against Liverpool and they won. Keep the faith!
    Spedger
    Absolutely. These things do happen.

I'd be interested to see what Craven Cottage is like if scores are level or they're behind going into the last 10 minutes. The longer Sunderland keep them out, the more nervous Fulham are likely to get. It's human nature. Same goes for us against Reading.

Fulham's last 4 home games have hardly been breathtaking - they let a 2 goal lead slip against nothing-to-play-for QPR, were average against Leeds but Leeds missed a load of chances, they squeezed home against Reading in an uninspiring performance and, lastly, were deservedly held by Brentford, who while they only equalised with the last kick, should have scored a few.

Tonight will be edgy for them. All this talk of a walk in the park and 5-0 won't happen.

I’m just going by the OP.

Those odds are mental, I can only think the bookies have not watched Sunderland play this season as they should be at least 50/1.

Saying that they drew away at Wolves....

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    So what you’re saying is we probably won’t actually beat hull or reading? Lol.

The bookies are not wrong on this. On current form Fulham are going to dick Sunderland. I cant see anything other than a comfortable home win. All this talk of Sunderland players playing for pride is bollox, half the team will be gone before next season. Most of the mackems playing tonight will be more bothered about booking taxi's for a night on the piss in London after the game. They don't give a flying feck about tonights game. The manager is not sure whether he's going to be there next season, Lee camp is in dire form, the club is in total disarray. Fulham will win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    The bookies are not wrong on this. On current form Fulham are going to dick Sunderland. I cant see anything other than a comfortable home win. All this talk of Sunderland players playing for pride is bollox, half the team will be gone before next season. Most of the mackems playing tonight will be more bothered about booking taxi's for a night on the piss in London after the game. They don't give a flying feck about tonights game. The manager is not sure whether he's going to be there next season, Lee camp is in dire form, the club is in total disarray. Fulham will win easily.
    Imagine Camp has a blinder and keeps a clean sheet now.

Steele is starting over Camp. PMA my friend, PMA. They've taken the lead in all of their last 4 but they just can't see it out. Stranger things have happened when there's pressure on Fulham and not Sunderland. I wouldn't put any money on it mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Steele is starting over Camp. PMA my friend, PMA. They've taken the lead in all of their last 4 but they just can't see it out. Stranger things have happened when there's pressure on Fulham and not Sunderland. I wouldn't put any money on it mind.
    I'm all for having a positive mental attitude but seriously dude Sunderland are shite! Forget about Fulham and concentrate on what we have to do. We win our two matches and we are up and I believe we can do that. I'm not however wasting my energy on wishing for the impossible dream tonight cos it aint gonna happen.

If this match was played 14 times would Sunderland win one of them...

Not sure. Tempting though!

I'm all for having a positive mental attitude but seriously dude Sunderland are shite! Forget about Fulham and concentrate on what we have to do. We win our two matches and we are up and I believe we can do that. I'm not however wasting my energy on wishing for the impossible dream tonight cos it aint gonna happen.
    ^^^this
    Do Villa fans realistically hope we lose and Fulham lose both?
    I don't know why people put themselves through it.
    Win both and we are up.

You can get sixteen and a half to one on Betfair (here https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plu...et/1.142849068), as I type. At that price... hmmm.

Edited to explain: the 17.5 (which is the number currently showing against Sunderland in the blue box) is what you receive if you win on a £1 bet - it includes your stake. A winning £1 bet on Fulham would gain you 19p plus your pound back.