+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tory housing policy joke

Tory housing policy joke

Since the idiots suckered people into buying what council housing we have left with a bribe of a discount of up to 100 grand , this country is now losing council rented property at three times the rate it's being replaced

And that twat javid the housing minister has the brass neck to say the Tories will deal with the housing crisis !!

Fecking twats are making it worse by the day the capitalist twats

Re: Tory housing policy joke

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Since the idiots suckered people into buying what council housing we have left with a bribe of a discount of up to 100 grand , this country is now losing council rented property at three times the rate it's being replaced

And that twat javid the housing minister has the brass neck to say the Tories will deal with the housing crisis !!

Well said brother

Dominic Raab is the housing minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Dominic Raab is the housing minister.
    My mistake , javid is communities ?

Either way , pair of *****

Sold off council homes , well the nice ones anyway , councils given less money to maintain the stock left ........which required maintenance......mostly tower blocks ..........people who previously would have looked to council housing forced to turn to private landlords ......less security , shorter tenancies , higher rents forcing more into poverty , and more cash for private landlords to make money on back of housing benefit ........costing the country more money

Perverse situation today of some private landlords owning loads of ex council houses and making huge profits , having bought them off former council house owners whose grandchildren now have no chance of owning their own homes......whose fault is that ? The Tories , the private landlords and their grandparents for buying what was public housing in the first place

All fecking sucked in by the tories who now laughably say they are going to solve the housing crisis that they fecking created in the first place .......bunch of *****

My mistake , javid is communities ?

Either way , pair of *****
    If you are going to slag someone off, at least get it right.

If you are going to slag someone off, at least get it right.
    He's from the same party of ***** , **** him , posh little Ponce has no idea , nor do the Tories

Their greedy policies have created this nightmare and they ain't going to fix it

He's from the same party of ***** , **** him , posh little Ponce has no idea , nor do the Tories

Their greedy policies have created this nightmare and they ain't going to fix it
    Let's examine the actual figure for a moment shall we.

The previous Conservative administration between 1979-1996 delivered in total 913,690 affordable housing dwellings by Local Authorities and Housing Associations. This averaged 50,761 new dwellings each and every year.

The previous Labour Government between 1997-2010 - These figures only actually cover the period to 2008 - delivered 290,750 new affordable dwellings - under a third of the number of dwellings provided under the previous Conservative Government. This is an average of 24,299 new dwellings each year - Less than half of the number of new dwellings provided by the previous Conservative Government each year on average.

It is also interesting to note that there were 45,500 completions of affordable housing dwellings in England in 2017, whist a further 46,000 affordable housing dwellings were commenced on site during the same year - A figure close to the average of affordable housing dwellings by the previous Conservative Government and again provision at nearly double the average level provided by the previous Labour Government, on an annual basis.

A final note on the availability of affordable housing in the country is that during the period 1997-2010 - The period of the last Labour Administration, it is interesting to note that in 1997 there were 4.4 million affordable housing units in the country by 2010 there were less than 4.0m affordable housing units available - a decrease of over 420,000 dwellings.

The rhetoric is great, the truth is a long way from what the rabid left spout.

Right on, brothers and sisters.

Let's examine the actual figure for a moment shall we.

The previous Conservative administration between 1979-1996 delivered in total 913,690 affordable housing dwellings by Local Authorities and Housing Associations. This averaged 50,761 new dwellings each and every year.

The previous Labour Government between 1997-2010 - These figures only actually cover the period to 2008 - delivered 290,750 new affordable dwellings - under a third of the number of dwellings provided under the previous Conservative Government. This is an average of 24,299 new dwellings each year - Less than half of the number of new dwellings provided by the previous Conservative Government each year on average.

It is also interesting to note that there were 45,500 completions of affordable housing dwellings in England in 2017, whist a further 46,000 affordable housing dwellings were commenced on site during the same year - A figure close to the average of affordable housing dwellings by the previous Conservative Government and again provision at nearly double the average level provided by the previous Labour Government, on an annual basis.

A final note on the availability of affordable housing in the country is that during the period 1997-2010 - The period of the last Labour Administration, it is interesting to note that in 1997 there were 4.4 million affordable housing units in the country by 2010 there were less than 4.0m affordable housing units available - a decrease of over 420,000 dwellings.

The rhetoric is great, the truth is a long way from what the rabid left spout.

Right on, brothers and sisters.
    You don't think Blair was left wing do you ?

The Tory party under Thatcher sold off council homes and they have never been replaced ......now they are selling off even more ........and their solution ?.......bring in the private sector , and lob in a few affordable homes .........

Building private housing that lots of people are still not going to be able to afford is not going to solve the housing crisis which began when Thatcher stuck her nose in

You don't think Blair was left wing do you ?

The Tory party under Thatcher sold off council homes and they have never been replaced ......now they are selling off even more ........and their solution ?.......bring in the private sector , and lob in a few affordable homes .........

Building private housing that lots of people are still not going to be able to afford is not going to solve the housing crisis which began when Thatcher stuck her nose in
    Blair was the head of your beloved Labour Party.

Labour built a third of the number of affordable houses that the previous Conservative Government did.

There were over 420,000 less social housing dwellings in the country after Blair / Brown were ejected from office, than there were when they took up tenure.

Building of affordable housing is now close to 50,000 dwellings per year - double that achieved on an annual basis in the Blair / Brown years.

Blair was the head of your beloved Labour Party.

Labour built a third of the number of affordable houses that the previous Conservative Government did.

There were over 420,000 less social housing dwellings in the country after Blair / Brown were ejected from office, than there were when they took up tenure.

Building of affordable housing is now close to 50,000 dwellings per year - double that achieved on an annual basis in the Blair / Brown years.
    I hated Blair after he invaded Iraq , aided by the Tory party , most of the decent left wing labour MPs refused to back him

I matched against Blair , I doubt you did

As for housing , the Tories started the rot and they have now handed things over to the private sector who are in it for profit ......which is why they are sitting on aquired land .......waiting for the market to pick up .........the Tory dream

I hated Blair after he invaded Iraq , aided by the Tory party , most of the decent left wing labour MPs refused to back him

I matched against Blair , I doubt you did

As for housing , the Tories started the rot and they have now handed things over to the private sector who are in it for profit ......which is why they are sitting on aquired land .......waiting for the market to pick up .........the Tory dream
    You still continue to on housing ignore the failings of Labour on the provision of affordable housing whilst berating the Conservatives, who have a far better record than Labour on housing.

Who do you think builds affordable housing? The private sector. And why do they do that? For profit.

The land banking you refer to is also a myth perpetuated by you and your cabal.

You still continue to on housing ignore the failings of Labour on the provision of affordable housing whilst berating the Conservatives, who have a far better record than Labour on housing.

Who do you think builds affordable housing? The private sector. And why do they do that? For profit.

The land banking you refer to is also a myth perpetuated by you and your cabal.
    We all know this affordable tag is nonsense , it's a bit of a discount that's all , not social housing

As for the land banking , it's no myth , a proposed 400 house development ......with ...lol....affordable units .....just up the road from me saw diggers 18 months ago ......and a few nice signs .......it's been dormant ever since we the local market is stagnant

That's what happens when , unlike Germany and France etc , too many people have been sold the fantasy of home ownership and social housing is neglected

We all know this affordable tag is nonsense , it's a bit of a discount that's all , not social housing

As for the land banking , it's no myth , a proposed 400 house development ......with ...lol....affordable units .....just up the road from me saw diggers 18 months ago ......and a few nice signs .......it's been dormant ever since we the local market is stagnant

That's what happens when , unlike Germany and France etc , too many people have been sold the fantasy of home ownership and social housing is neglected
    The figure I quoted above apply to social housing.

Tell me which 400 unit site you are referring to?

The figure I quoted above apply to social housing.

Tell me which 400 unit site you are referring to?
    Darren farm , llantwit road , houses , schools , shops

Land bought , entrance to site sorted , signs put up ..............feck all happened for 18 months , not a squeak

Darren farm , llantwit road , houses , schools , shops

Land bought , entrance to site sorted , signs put up ..............feck all happened for 18 months , not a squeak
    Darren Farm is certainly not a matter of land banking. The Developers are desperate to get on with the scheme. I understand that reserved matters planning consent was granted towards the end of 2017. However, the consent was subject to a raft of conditions, may of which are known as "pre-commencement" conditions. This means that information has to be formally submitted to the planning authority and formally discharged by the planning authority before work is allowed to commence on site.

So, hardly land banking, just Welsh Government red tape preventing development taking place in a timely manner.

Again, lies, rhetoric and untruths that fit your agenda and that of the loony left. Exposed, as per usual.

And you really think the housing market in the Vale of Glamorgan is dormant!! What a clown

Many MP's are also private landlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Many MP's are also private landlords.
    Yes, amongst all parties.

Darren Farm is certainly not a matter of land banking. The Developers are desperate to get on with the scheme. I understand that reserved matters planning consent was granted towards the end of 2017. However, the consent was subject to a raft of conditions, may of which are known as "pre-commencement" conditions. This means that information has to be formally submitted to the planning authority and formally discharged by the planning authority before work is allowed to commence on site.

So, hardly land banking, just Welsh Government red tape preventing development taking place in a timely manner.

Again, lies, rhetoric and untruths that fit your agenda and that of the loony left. Exposed, as per usual.

And you really think the housing market in the Vale of Glamorgan is dormant!! What a clown
    Total crap , they got development for the first phase 18 months ago ......they have done diddly squat

The opposers are the local town council , full of Tories who don't want their special town spoilt , even though most of them live in new housing themselves !!

I know all the local estate agents and there are for sale signs everywhere , the market is static

Yes, amongst all parties.
    Especially if your name is Jeremy Hunt the ****ing ****

Total crap , they got development for the first phase 18 months ago ......they have done diddly squat

The opposers are the local town council , full of Tories who don't want their special town spoilt , even though most of them live in new housing themselves !!

I know all the local estate agents and there are for sale signs everywhere , the market is static
    Don't spout bull like that at me Sludge. It is not total crap at all. They received outline consent for the site 18 months ago. You CANNOT build houses with outline planning consent. They have submitted an application for reserved matters planning consent, This has now been approved. However, you still cannot yet build houses until, as outlined above, all of the pre-commencement conditions have been discharged. This is currently underway.

Let's just see how the sales go when, eventually, the houses are slowed to be built.

Especially if your name is Jeremy Hunt the ****ing ****

Or Emily Thornberry or Lady Nugee as she is also known.

Don't spout bull like that at me Sludge. It is not total crap at all. They received outline consent for the site 18 months ago. You CANNOT build houses with outline planning consent. They have submitted an application for reserved matters planning consent, This has now been approved. However, you still cannot yet build houses until, as outlined above, all of the pre-commencement conditions have been discharged. This is currently underway.

Let's just see how the sales go when, eventually, the houses are slowed to be built.
    It is total crap , if you want proof come down here , I will show you around and take you around all the estates where you can see the rotting for sale signs

The local Tory town councillor lives next door but one to me , you can chat to him too , nice bloke but a Tory so we don't have much to talk about but he will fill you in on what's going on locally

It is total crap , if you want proof come down here , I will show you around and take you around all the estates where you can see the rotting for sale signs

The local Tory town councillor lives next door but one to me , you can chat to him too , nice bloke but a Tory so we don't have much to talk about but he will fill you in on what's going on locally
    That's it change the subject from the development of the land at Darren farm......

So, 162 property sales in Cowbridge in the last 12 months at an average sales price of £380,274 with prices up over 4% in the past 12 months. The market in Cowbridge really is on its arse isn't it. 162 sales is not bad for a small market town with a population of just 3,600.