Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
And how have you exactly advanced the debate? Personal attacks don't actually add to the debate.

Unless, of course, you are a member of the Labour Party, where for many it appears to be de rigeur.
You are right. I was just making an initial observation on your contribution thus far which seemed a bit simplistic and repetitive. I absolutely agree that personal attacks add little to the discussion and we can all be judged against that standard.

As for the substance of the discussion I think the Labour Party under Corbyn is all over the place in managing this issue and have gone on record in other threads to say so. The facile and personal interventions of Len McCluskey just exaggerate the point and until this is recognised the issue will not go away. It is perfectly permissible to differentiate between the scandalous extremes of the Israeli state under Netenyahu , it's behavour in undermining peaceful engagement and development of the Palestinian state, his personal corruption and its acceptance by other supportive nations without descending into anti-semitism. Yet a Labour Party founded in good part with Jewish input and with anti-semetic ideals finds itself a century or so on having a leadership that is unable to defend itself from accusations it would normally be making against other parties.

I am not sure that makes me a member of the Labour Party but if you have something similar to add other than a chant then please feel free to add.