+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic back tomorrow

Grujic back tomorrow

Liverpool demanded that Grujic plays 14 times for us during his loan spell or there'll be a financial penalty.

So far, he's made 12 appearances for us.

If he doesn't play tomorrow, then either he's got an injury which Liverpool don't want us damaging, or he's dropped so far down the pecking order that Warnock is happy for us to endure the financial penalty.

Re: Grujic back tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Liverpool demanded that Grujic plays 14 times for us during his loan spell or there'll be a financial penalty.

So far, he's made 12 appearances for us.

If he doesn't play tomorrow, then either he's got an injury which Liverpool don't want us damaging, or he's dropped so far down the pecking order that Warnock is happy for us to endure the financial penalty.
    Don't see how it would be the latter, his first 10 games for us were unbeaten which included the 8 game winning run no?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Don't see how it would be the latter, his first 10 games for us were unbeaten which included the 8 game winning run no?
    Quite.

He must be as confused as us watching from the bench

Warnock blunder decision. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Warnock blunder decision. No question.
    I was thinking that. Having looked at the appearance stats, I wonder if he's been kept deliberately for the last 2 games? Very risky strategy of course.

Very very odd. Our record with him in the team before shef United was Fulham esque with mitrovic. Played 10, won 9, drawn 1, lost 0? Then he’s been dropped since. Very odd.

I was thinking that. Having looked at the appearance stats, I wonder if he's been kept deliberately for the last 2 games? Very risky strategy of course.
    I'm boring myself by repeatedly posting it, but Warnock really has pissed me off/baffled me with this one. Who knows his reasoning.

If he has kept him for the last 2, does gunnar get replaced? Or do we have Gunnar and Grujic getting in eachothers way for 2 games?

Gunner came back and he was in the side and Grujic was gone ( or it seems that way on the timescale )

but why ? ? ?

Could he have played 15 or more games or was 14 the limit? It's a strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What? There was no limit to how many he was allowed to play, just that he had to play so many.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Gunner came back and he was in the side and Grujic was gone ( or it seems that way on the timescale )

but why ? ? ?
    Long throws. It was a central part of Neil's strategy, along with smashing the ball forward from the back.

What? There was no limit to how many he was allowed to play, just that he had to play so many.
    It's a strange one.

14 was the minimum he played, he's currently on 12

It's a strange one.
    No it's not. It's not hard to understand is it really, there is no limit to how many times he can play but he had to play 14 times.

No, it was the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    14 was the minimum he played, he's currently on 12
    Million percent he's just having a laugh trolling

No it's not. It's not hard to understand is it really, there is no limit to how many times he can play but he had to play 14 times.
    This might need lots of explaining

This might need lots of explaining
    Aiiii

I think the dropping of Grujic will form the central part of the postmortem if we don't make it, along with the pissup in Amsterdam before our busy 6 game Christmas schedule.

Although his pass success rate is really quite poor at 58.5%. The much maligned Gunnarsson is at 65.6% this season.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

but why ? ? ?
    It does seem to be either Gunnar or Grujic doesn't it when, if you're talking about our three best central midfielders, it should surely be both shouldn't it?

Maybe Warnock thinks Grujic has too many touches and tries to play too many passes for a "bread and butter" central midfielder - I'm only being semi serious there!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It does seem to be either Gunnar or Grujic doesn't it when, if you're talking about our three best central midfielders, it should surely be both shouldn't it?

Maybe Warnock thinks Grujic has too many touches and tries to play too many passes for a "bread and butter" central midfielder - I'm only being semi serious there!
    I'm convinced Gunnar is in the team for his long throws, as we seem to bypass the midfield at every opportunity.

I'm convinced Gunnar is in the team for his long throws, as we seem to bypass the midfield at every opportunity.
    This. We have played percentage football all season and it has worked, but now at the crucial moment it hasn't always worked for us. Warnock ripped up a winning formula right at the business end of the season, and it's probably too late to go back now so we just have to see how gunnar and our hoofing does us.