+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we were to get a draw tomorrow I’d back us to go up.

If we were to get a draw tomorrow I’d back us to go up.

I think we can beat reading on the last day and I think Birmingham will get something from Fulham. Probably a draw.

I’m expecting us to lose tomorrow given our recent performances, hull are scoring for fun and how we defended at derby but of course you never know.

I think a point could be ok. It also means Birmingham and Fulham can’t plsy out a draw if they do both need a point on the last day.

Re: If we were to get a draw tomorrow I’d back us to go up.

Hull are conceding for fun as well.
    If our defence revert back to what they were before Derby then I can see us winning tomorrow.
    Hull City 0-3 Cardiff.

I wouldn’t. You need it to be in your hands going into the final game. Tomorrow is must win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I wouldn’t. You need it to be in your hands going into the final game. Tomorrow is must win.
    Thanks!

Must win tomorrow

A win is preferable. However at the very least I want us to make Fulham keep winning. If we lose tomorrow a point next week for them guarantees it. All this a draw is the same as a loss is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    A win is preferable. However at the very least I want us to make Fulham keep winning. If we lose tomorrow a point next week for them guarantees it. All this a draw is the same as a loss is ridiculous.
    Yes I agree with that. As long as you get something tomorrow Fulham need to go all out for a win against Brum. I hope Brum lose tomorrow and need something against Fulham. Ideally though you want to win tomorrow so it’s in your destiny going into the final game.

Yes I agree with that. As long as you get something tomorrow Fulham need to go all out for a win against Brum. I hope Brum lose tomorrow and need something against Fulham. Ideally though you want to win tomorrow so it’s in your destiny going into the final game.
    Yes of course. Nightmare scenario is brum and Fulham both needing a point of course.

Strangely enough I feel as calm as I've been for a couple of weeks. Not sure whether I am resigned to play offs or am quite lying confident that Hull will be beaten.

Nothing but a win will do tomorrow in my view. We have to have the upper hand and control of our own destiny going into the last game. It also means Fulham have to go all out to win at Brum and cannot rely on us dropping points.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Nothing but a win will do tomorrow in my view. We have to have the upper hand and control of our own destiny going into the last game. It also means Fulham have to go all out to win at Brum and cannot rely on us dropping points.
    If we draw or win tomorrow Fulham’s attitude to the brum game is the same. I.e if we beat reading and they don’t beat brum then we go up.

If we lose however a point is enough for Fulham.

If we draw or win tomorrow Fulham’s attitude to the brum game is the same. I.e if we beat reading and they don’t beat brum then we go up.

Indeed, but if they're above us going into the last game, they know that they can't be caught, plus we know a win might not be enough.

I'd much rather the odds if we win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed, but if they're above us going into the last game, they know that they can't be caught, plus we know a win might not be enough.

Agreed, don't want to be below Fulham going into next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Nobody is saying a draw is better than a win.

However there are lots of people saying a draw is the same as a defeat. It’s not.

Nobody is saying a draw is better than a win.

However there are lots of people saying a draw is the same as a defeat. It’s not.
    Agreed.

It means that we finish 1 point behind Fulham instead of 2.

Fulham havent lost in 22 they will get a result next week on all form trends

This time of the season, anything can happen, it could be hull win today, and Fulham lose to brum, either way it’s going to the last game,

if we don't beat Hull today then it's playoffs for us...if Fulham need to get something at Brum they will.