+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

FT: HULL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Penultimate game of the season

More...

C:WindowsTempphp3B86.tmpScotland international Allan McGregor is set to play for Hull at home to Cardiff, despite being strongly linked with a summer move to Rangers.

McGregor is out of contract at the end of the season and Hull want the veteran goalkeeper to stay at the KCOM Stadium. The Tigers have been boosted by the return of Adama Diomande to the training ground after two months out, although Hull's final Sky Bet Championship home game of the season might come too soon for the Norwegian striker.

Fikayo Tomori is expected to come into the back line after last week's incredible 5-5 draw at Bristol City, while Kamil Grosicki and Abel Hernandez are also pushing for starting spots.

Midfielders Aron Gunnarsson and Callum Paterson are expected to be fit for promotion-chasing Cardiff. The pair picked up knocks in Tuesday's 3-1 defeat at Derby, but Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock will consider his options and on-loan Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic could be recalled.

Kenneth Zohore could also be in line to return, while Craig Bryson is available again after being ineligible against parent club Derby. Wales defender Jazz Richards has returned to full training following a long-term ankle problem, but is unlikely to feature.

Opta stats

The Tigers have lost just one of their last nine home league matches against Cardiff (W5 D3), a 2-0 reverse in February 2011.

The Bluebirds have lost three of their last four league games against Hull, but won 1-0 earlier this season.

Nigel Adkins has lost four of his last five matches against Neil Warnock in all competitions (W1).

Warnock, however, is winless in his last six away league visits to Hull (D2 L4) and lost 5-1 in his last match there in May 2016 with Rotherham United.

The Tigers have lost just two of their last 12 home league matches (W4 D6), but did lose 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday last time out at the KCOM Stadium.

Since their 13-game unbeaten run between January and the beginning of April, Cardiff have lost three of their last five Championship games (W2), including a 3-1 away defeat against Derby County last time out.

Harry Wilson has been directly involved in five of Hull's last nine league goals at home (two goals, three assists).

Match officials

Referee: ANDY DAVIES
    Assistants: Mark Dwyer and Paul Hodskinson
    Fourth Official: Eddie Ilderton

Re: Hull v Cardiff City. Match preview

I just can’t bring myself to listen today. Going to switch everything off and check score at full time.

Re: HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Hull have conceded 15 headed goals. Bamba to score first.

I honestly feel

All I ask is that we have a decent ref today. Everything else is down to us and I think we'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    All I ask is that we have a decent ref today. Everything else is down to us and I think we'll do it.
    We've won the two games he's been in charge of this season. Gave us 2 pens against Norwich as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We've won the two games he's been in charge of this season. Gave us 2 pens against Norwich as well.
    I appreciate that mate. You've done more than any amount of alcohol could to calm my nerves.

We'll be able to tell a lot from his line-up on how we're going to go about this game. I really hope we don't resort to the hit and hope tactics and really take the game to them today. We'll be favourites to win so lets act like it for once.

Grujic on the bench again

No Grujic. Other than that its the team id have picked.

Pelts for Manga
    Ken for Madine

No Wildschut on bench!

How does gunnarsson keep getting picked? One good game since being back against a pretty average Forrest team. It really is two fingers up to our midfielders that got us into the position we're in to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZebraCrossing View Post
    How does gunnarsson keep getting picked? One good game since being back against a pretty average Forrest team. It really is two fingers up to our midfielders that got us into the position we're in to begin with.
    He's got a long throw and that's about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    He's got a long throw and that's about it?
    Which can't get past the first man on the front post. If that's all he's good for we may as well pick halford (who actually looked quite fit and tidy when needed this season).

Hull playing 3 fringe players, no Hernandez there best player, this could be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Hull playing 3 fringe players, no Hernandez there best player, this could be interesting
    Hernandez is at the Wolves game apparently. He's on his way out, so no point playing him.

Even so, you've rotated referee your last three games, hasn't affected the performance with regards to getting decisions not given against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Reads like you’re looking for a reason to blame someone else should we win today (unlikely as that might be)

Quote Originally Posted by TheZebraCrossing View Post
    The whole team, over the whole season has got us into the position we are in. When Gunnarsson was out injured everyone was frothing at the mouth waiting for him to get back in, especially when we lost four in a row at Christmas. Gunnarsson is just the latest in a line of scapegoats singled out by some fans who like to blame a defeat on someone/something. Never mind, at least the heat is off Madine and Bryson for a while.

Looking on the bright side, if we lose we won't have to play against Fulham in the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The whole team, over the whole season has got us into the position we are in. When Gunnarsson was out injured everyone was frothing at the mouth waiting for him to get back in, especially when we lost four in a row at Christmas. Gunnarsson is just the latest in a line of scapegoats singled out by some fans who like to blame a defeat on someone/something. Never mind, at least the heat is off Madine and Bryson for a while.
    The point being, the team went on a long winning run. Bringing Gunnarsson, like it or not, has destabilised that.

The old mantra is you never change a winning team...

I just think people form opinions on players and ignore anything they do on the pitch that goes aginst that opinion. People ignore gunnarssons poor performances because it doesn't reaffirm their opinion that he's a good player. The opposite is true with players like madine who offers a hell of a lot in terms of heading/hold up play but is struggling to get a goal/very sloppy due to nerves.

When we lost four in a row if we missed anyone it was Morrison, certainly not Gunnarsson

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    When we lost four in a row if we missed anyone it was Morrison, certainly not Gunnarsson
    Agreed, don't remember anyone even mentioning gunnarsson he was so far in the back of peoples minds by then.

It's now or never ...

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I honestly feel
    Me too