+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its all over from this end

Re: Its all over from this end

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    1. We are not promoted - still one game to go and 2 outcomes possible as to who goes up

2. Despite all this ‘hope you go up’ rhetoric being posted on here, do you truly and honestly give a shit who goes up other than Cardiff City?

I could not give a monkeys how anyone else does in terms of getting promoted.

I enjoy rejoicing in any failure for Swansea, Bristol City and Stoke (not so much these days with Joke City to be honest), but as regards Fulham, they’ll join the ranks of the 3 aforementioned teams if they pip us now.
    Why? For winning games? If they pip us now it’s because we ****ed up v a shite reading side at home. Not saying it won’t happen and knowing Cardiff it probably will- but it’s not Fulham’s fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Cardiff's record in front of exceptionally large crowds is as poor as our current form even though we won today.
    We beat Real Madrid!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Why? For winning games? If they pip us now it’s because we ****ed up v a shite reading side at home. Not saying it won’t happen and knowing Cardiff it probably will- but it’s not Fulham’s fault!
    Just because...

Imagine the scene. Last minute of injury time, 0-0 against Reading while Fulham have won. Ref blows for a penalty. Up steps Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Imagine the scene. Last minute of injury time, 0-0 against Reading while Fulham have won. Ref blows for a penalty. Up steps Madine.
    I’d take that over 0-0

Imagine the scene. Last minute of injury time, 0-0 against Reading while Fulham have won. Ref blows for a penalty. Up steps Madine.......
    ......over who's head Dai Hunt promptly stretches a plastic bag

Cardiff’s record in must win games is pretty poor over the years. However I think Fulham will lose at Birmingham.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if both teams fail to win next weekend.

Whoever ends up third will struggle to raise themselves for the play-offs. I fancy Middlesbrough to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Championship table on 2nd December.

Yes. But Fulham had a game in hand 😂

Was it snow in Derby 😂😂😂

If there's any justice in this world, Cardiff and Fulham will go up with Wolves. Best three teams this season. Second half of the season Fulham have been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    If there's any justice in this world, Cardiff and Fulham will go up with Wolves. Best three teams this season. Second half of the season Fulham have been outstanding.
    This is why it all wrong there should not be play offs.If you are the top three you go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham1879 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned it was decided today.

I said to myself last night that if we beat Sunderland and you failed to win today, we would take second spot.

I honestly felt that after scoring 5 last week Hull would get a point or even better from you today. But you did the business and I think its time to throw in the towel and congratulate Cardiff City for the magnificent battle that you've given us since Christmas. And, sadly for us, you're going to get that second automatic promotion spot.

Reading are absolute pants and will offer nothing next week. Birmingham need a point to be 100% safe and I think that'll be a very tough game for us indeed. I can see you winning handsomely and us scraping a draw.

Personally I'm now honestly more interested in who finishes 6th. Derby will do for me. We owe them from way back, so stuffing them in the semi's would be good for any Fulham soul.

Wish us luck, we're going to need it. We've never, ever won a play off game!

Now where's my Prozac?
    This is a genuine post, we think alike, we will be in th e play offs, and hoping we get derby county, on our day we should beat them

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This is why it all wrong there should not be play offs.If you are the top three you go up.
    The play offs are terrific and add so much to the season. However there should be more advantage to coming 3rd.

It should be 5th v 6th. Then the winner b 4th. Then the winner v 3rd in the final.

So Fulham or us would only need the one more win if didn’t get top 2, whereas Preston or derby would have to get past 3 sides.

The play offs are terrific and add so much to the season. However there should be more advantage to coming 3rd.

It should be 5th v 6th. Then the winner b 4th. Then the winner v 3rd in the final.

So Fulham or us would only need the one more win if didn’t get top 2, whereas Preston or derby would have to get past 3 sides.
    Not a bad idea and would make coming 3rd more meaningful. At present it's no different finishing 3rd or 6th as proven by Blackpool when they won the play offs. That said, I can't see it happening !