+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its all over from this end

Its all over from this end

As far as I'm concerned it was decided today.

I said to myself last night that if we beat Sunderland and you failed to win today, we would take second spot.

I honestly felt that after scoring 5 last week Hull would get a point or even better from you today. But you did the business and I think its time to throw in the towel and congratulate Cardiff City for the magnificent battle that you've given us since Christmas. And, sadly for us, you're going to get that second automatic promotion spot.

Reading are absolute pants and will offer nothing next week. Birmingham need a point to be 100% safe and I think that'll be a very tough game for us indeed. I can see you winning handsomely and us scraping a draw.

Personally I'm now honestly more interested in who finishes 6th. Derby will do for me. We owe them from way back, so stuffing them in the semi's would be good for any Fulham soul.

Wish us luck, we're going to need it. We've never, ever won a play off game!

Now where's my Prozac?

Re: Its all over from this end

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham1879 View Post

I said to myself last night that if we beat Sunderland and you failed to win today, we would take second spot.

I honestly felt that after scoring 5 last week Hull would get a point or even better from you today. But you did the business and I think its time to throw in the towel and congratulate Cardiff City for the magnificent battle that you've given us since Christmas. And, sadly for us, you're going to get that second automatic promotion spot.

Reading are absolute pants and will offer nothing next week. Birmingham need a point to be 100% safe and I think that'll be a very tough game for us indeed. I can see you winning handsomely and us scraping a draw.

Personally I'm now honestly more interested in who finishes 6th. Derby will do for me. We owe them from way back, so stuffing them in the semi's would be good for any Fulham soul.

Now where's my Prozac?
    There's still time for us to do a Cardiff.

Now where's my Prozac?

Hope you get through the play offs if it pans out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's still time for us to do a Cardiff.
    Haha, we have something called 'Fulhamish'. I think its in the Dictionary. Roughly translated it means the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We're very good at it.

Obviously I hope we go up next weekend, but you boys deserve promotion too. If we go up it's going to be a hell of a struggle next year, whereas your momentum and style will fit into the Premier League far more easily. As I said I hope next Sunday we are wishing you the best of luck in the play offs but this is the Championship. Anything can and probably will happen next Sunday.

Cardiff’s record in must win games is pretty poor over the years. However I think Fulham will lose at Birmingham.

You are fooling nobody - this division is mental and we all know the last day is going to be massively nervy!

We drew 2 2 at reading and because we pressed high up the pitch they ripped us apart at times. Not a foregone conclusion by any means, even if I am.happy with our position going into Sunday, fate in our own hands.

**** this I'm off for 12 pints and a load of shots. My nerves were severely tested today. Especially when I had a vibration on my phone when reading had a corner, the delay meant we had time to go up and score ourselves, but as the stream was behind and it had jumped a bit I was in a right state thinking hull had equalised.

Now where's my Prozac?
    Nice gesture, but I’m not falling for it 😀

Now where's my Prozac?
    Time to play another Serbian superstar?

The Championship table on 2nd December.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    **** this I'm off for 12 pints and a load of shots. My nerves were severely tested today. Especially when I had a vibration on my phone when reading had a corner, the delay meant we had time to go up and score ourselves, but as the stream was behind and it had jumped a bit I was in a right state thinking hull had equalised.

You (OP) are being a little bit disingenuous I feel.

Reading and Brum both need a win as much as the other for starters. Fulham can obviously win, lose or draw against Brum as much as we could win, lose or draw against Reading. It is going to be tight and, whilst I do feel we have the slight advantage with us being at home, the last game of the season will pretty much be a winner takes all/loser takes nothing situation.

If you go one nil up after 5 minutes, you'll be in the hot seat.....pressure on us. If we go one down in the opening 5 because of a freak goal (or a great one) we'll "have a mountain to climb".

It's going to be a back and forth, "fulham up, cardiff down, cardiff up, fulham down", type of day.

If you have followed your football team for any amount of time, you will at the very least still harbour a bit (if not a lot) of hope.

I don't know why you want to tell us you're chucking in the towel when it isn't the case, but wait till next weekend. You're hopes might very well come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Championship table on 2nd December.

Good to see Bristol City doing so well - I feel this could be their year

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know what you mean(i presume u meant when Hull had a corner). I was really hoping my goal alert wasnt coming when we were 1 up. Then it comes and its the gut wrenching few seconds to see who has scored. Hull 0-2 City (Morrison). I go mental in the pub.

Head is pounding. More beers consumed than normal for a Saturday pm. Few more in the fridge. Maybe a couple of glasses of wine as well with the Mrs. Been a good day.

I've got a good mate and business associate who's a Fulham fan and who made it down from our exhibition in Liverpool yesterday, to the Cottage for the match last night.

I said to him, there would be plenty of twists and turns yet to come, but I felt that if it came to it, they would go up from the Play Offs whilst we would probably miss out.

Over a season, knowing him and seeing a fair few of their fans' Tweets, I have to say that I would love us to hold onto 2nd and Fulham to win the Play Offs. That would be perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Good to see Bristol City doing so well - I feel this could be their year
    I think they might be playing champions league football soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You (OP) are being a little bit disingenuous I feel.

Reading and Brum both need a win as much as the other for starters. Fulham can obviously win, lose or draw against Brum as much as we could win, lose or draw against Reading. It is going to be tight and, whilst I do feel we have the slight advantage with us being at home, the last game of the season will pretty much be a winner takes all/loser takes nothing situation.

If you go one nil up after 5 minutes, you'll be in the hot seat.....pressure on us. If we go one down in the opening 5 because of a freak goal (or a great one) we'll "have a mountain to climb".

It's going to be a back and forth, "fulham up, cardiff down, cardiff up, fulham down", type of day.

If you have followed your football team for any amount of time, you will at the very least still harbour a bit (if not a lot) of hope.

I don't know why you want to tell us you're chucking in the towel when it isn't the case, but wait till next weekend. You're hopes might very well come true.
    Absolutely. Not to mention the atmosphere in the stadiums and the misinformation that goes flying round! If reading were to get a dodgy pen and Fulham were 0-0 then as you say we’d be needing at least 2 goals before mitrovic gets his goal on about 70 minutes. Going to be back and forth 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Dont Reading and Birmingham have the same points ?
    Yes, but Reading have effectively a 0.5 point lead over Brum because of the GD. If Fulham batter Brum early on, Reading will know they are safe, theoretically making it easier for us to win.

I do feel everyone is reading far too much into this though. We really should beat Reading. We really, really need to beat Reading. We are at home. It is us we should be thinking about, not everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I think they might be playing champions league football soon enough
    They call themselves a premiership team and so they should. Top class side. Good of them to stay down to give the supporters of the Championship something to look forward to next season.

Beat Reading - we are up.

Dont beat Reading we are almost certainly in the play offs.

A position id have taken had most points this season.

Now where's my Prozac?
    Your run is astonishing it would be incredible and wrong if you don't join us in the big league.

If we go up ,don't worry we won't bid for Wembley its all yours .

Some owners don't understand the hearts and minds of fans and club history, hope you don't have a rebrand as well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your run is astonishing it would be incredible and wrong if you don't join us in the big league.

If we go up ,don't worry we won't bid for Wembley its all yours .

Some owners don't understand the hearts and minds of fans and club history, hope you don't have a rebrand as well.
    1. We are not promoted - still one game to go and 2 outcomes possible as to who goes up

2. Despite all this ‘hope you go up’ rhetoric being posted on here, do you truly and honestly give a shit who goes up other than Cardiff City?

I could not give a monkeys how anyone else does in terms of getting promoted.

I enjoy rejoicing in any failure for Swansea, Bristol City and Stoke (not so much these days with Joke City to be honest), but as regards Fulham, they’ll join the ranks of the 3 aforementioned teams if they pip us now.

Cardiff's record in front of exceptionally large crowds is as poor as our current form even though we won today. Both teams have tough games. Cardiff is predictably unpredictable so I wouldn't start taking the Prozac yet. If Fulham do end up in the play offs which is by no means a certainty they deserve to gain promotion.