+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, How do we beat Reading

Re: So, How do we beat Reading

Is this bonus confirmed? Or just hot air?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Is this bonus confirmed? Or just hot air?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...promotion.html

It was in all the newspapers in February. I presume it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If we don't go up it could be useful stadium cladding for next season though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...promotion.html

It was in all the newspapers in February. I presume it's true.
    I remember reading it all yeah, just wasn't sure if it was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t care what the table says. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Form doesn’t matter.

We need to win simple as that and Reading need the draw. I feel they will time waste from the first second so we need to go at them straight away.

Reading have some decent wingers. Both Aluko and Barrow will be able to cause us problems. As they’re quite quick I wouldn’t be surprised to see Manga benched again.

Chris Martin will be a handful if there’s only a 1 goal deficit.

We need to dominate the midfield. Their full backs seem exploitable.

My team

Etheridge
    Pelts-Bamba-Morrison-Bennett
    Patterson-Grujic (assuming Gunnar injured)
    NML-Ralls-Hoilett
    Zohore

Reading v Ipswich

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ng-0-4-ipswich

Wednesday vs Reading

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ay-3-0-reading

With Grujic in the team although he’s a good player he can’t play the 90 minutes as he’s a loose cannon and is usually booked in the first half and then gets away with further fouls until he’s hooked

I think the key to beating Reading is that we won't have a game for a full week. Rest up, trust in Warnock and let's have 95 mins of intensity, the kind that Reading won't be able to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I agree with Shitpeas.

This is the championship. Apparently Fulham are the best team in the world right now, but they were two bad refereeing decisions away from losing to relegated Sunderland on Friday. We really should win. In our run-in, this is probably our easiest game. Hell in our season, this is probably the easiest game (except Leeds). But while we should win, we haven't yet.

Didn't we beat Reading 3-0 at home once, when we were already down and they needed a point? Or was it Bristol Rovers?

I remember us beating Rovers last game of the season, not sure of the score. They had been top but fell away and missed out on play-offs due to that defeat. Think Holloway was manager then?

Looking through readings results there seem to have been quite a high number of games where someone has been sent off. I think 8 in total. 4 for the opposition and 4 for them. Not sure whether there's something about the way they play that would encourage this?

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    I wish we could've played our last game of the season during that eight-game winning streak.
    But that is like saying, 'I wish the season was only 5 games long as then we would have been promoted'!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    I remember us beating Rovers last game of the season, not sure of the score. They had been top but fell away and missed out on play-offs due to that defeat. Think Holloway was manager then?
    Think it was 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    May 2000. 1-0 win at home to deny them a playoff place even though we'd already been relegated. Can't think for the life of me who scored.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Definitely. It wasn’t such a high pressure match for both you’d expect us to beat Reading in the normal way.

A few positives even if we go bottle it

Less Sunday kick offs
    More games to attend with season ticket
    Easy points against Bristol
    ..and Dirty Leeds

Kick the ducking ball, into their ducking net , more than they do ,simples .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Looking through readings results there seem to have been quite a high number of games where someone has been sent off. I think 8 in total. 4 for the opposition and 4 for them. Not sure whether there's something about the way they play that would encourage this?
    Think it was 1.0..Scott Young goal..lot's of disappointed Gasheads

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    May 2000. 1-0 win at home to deny them a playoff place even though we'd already been relegated. Can't think for the life of me who scored.
    Yeah, that was it. Somehow in my mind that had turned into a 3-0 win against reading. God my memory is shite. And I’m always sober at football matches so can’t even blame the booze

Go out and play to our strengths and take our chances if we don’t win then we gave our best ...no regrets!!