+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Re: Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    Aron will have a small operation tomorrow regarding a small tear and is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. He is over the moon about yesterdays result and optimistic about being fit for the game against Argentina in the World Cup. Of course his domestic season is over for Cardiff.
    Great to see you post. You were a top poster back in the day.

Re: Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Gunnarsson was brilliant at the back end of last season and the beginning of this season.
    I have been a critic of him in the last but Warnock has certainly got the best out of him and he's proved me wrong.

You can't expect him to hit the ground running when he's had such a long injury, it was bound to take him time to get back to match sharpness.

I've got nothing but respect for guy. He had the opportunity of a life time to represent Iceland at the world cup and he still put his body on the line for Cardiff City.

Top bloke and I would certainly be looking to offer him a new contract.

Some players take more time to get up to speed after coming back from an injury than others. I think Gunners' first few performances weren't great but they also coincided with some of our toughest games when the pressure was on. If the Hull game was his last then hail his finish vs Forest, his great performances over the years including in the Premier League and being instrumental in a country of 330k humiliating a football nation of 60 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Gunnarsson was brilliant at the back end of last season and the beginning of this season.
    I have been a critic of him in the last but Warnock has certainly got the best out of him and he's proved me wrong.

You can't expect him to hit the ground running when he's had such a long injury, it was bound to take him time to get back to match sharpness.

I've got nothing but respect for guy. He had the opportunity of a life time to represent Iceland at the world cup and he still put his body on the line for Cardiff City.

Top bloke and I would certainly be looking to offer him a new contract.
    Agree with what you say, but it riled me something stupid that he was shoehorned back in when we had a settled midfield, and took out the player who was pivotal to that.
    Even if we go up I'll still criticise NW for it, same as I'll praise him for his tactical changes that bring goals, or the times he's had to use feeney and Halford who stepped in well.

He has got his critics on here that's for sure, some downright rude and insulting towards a player who loves the club and the supporters. But as he has said, the club belongs to the fans, and it is not his or any of the players, so that's absolutely your right; to voice your opinion. But the respect and love he has for the club and the fans, shines through his eyes everytime he talks to Icelandic media about Cardiff, Wales, where he as spent a small portion of his live. It shines through everytime he mentions the Bluebirds.

That's really disappointing for Gunnars who would undoubtedly have been hoping to be involved in the final game of the season if he's going to be saying goodbye to Cardiff. I hope he's there on Sunday and able to get on the pitch to say farewell - whatever the result of the game.

I think he's been an amazing presence at the club over the last decade, and he has my wholehearted thanks for the 100% effort I've always seen him put in whenever he's played for us. I also think leaving us with the present of the Forest winner might be the perfect way to bow out if he does go this Summer.

He has got his critics on here that's for sure, some downright rude and insulting towards a player who loves the club and the supporters. But as he has said, the club belongs to the fans, and it is not his or any of the players, so that's absolutely your right; to voice your opinion. But the respect and love he has for the club and the fans, shines through his eyes everytime he talks to Icelandic media about Cardiff, Wales, where he as spent a small portion of his live. It shines through everytime he mentions the Bluebirds.
    Let's hope he makes the world cup

What you say reflects the opinion I have formed about Gunnars over his time here. As I understand it there is still the possibility he might be here next season if we are promoted - so let's hope that conversation is still alive after this coming Sunday!

Every player has his shortcomings but in my opinion we will only know how much we'll miss Gunnarsson's influence on the pitch once we no longer have him around to call on. I pray he recovers well for the World Cup and if he doesn't stay with us for next season then he will go with my best wishes and hopes for a wonderful remainder of his career.

This is Warnock and Gunnar we are talking about...Probably shook hands on a deal six months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if gunnar signed an extension within the week if we are promoted. Same for Junior

No way Warnock would cast him out injured if we are not promoted. Its about honour

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Let's hope he makes the world cup
    Agreed, his passion for his small nation is something we can recognise and appreciate.

Regarding his future now, whatever happens over the next 1-4 games we will need leaders in our team next year who are willing to make sure we are not Reading of this year or Derby of premier league yesterday. Gunnar fits that role perfectly and with Mario and Bryson already set to leave Gunnar's value is big.

Its a shame you get that impression as an observer from some posts on here about a player who took the Club's 'Player of the Season', 'Players' Player of the Season' and 'Fans Man of the Season' awards last year.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    This is Warnock and Gunnar we are talking about...Probably shook hands on a deal six months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if gunnar signed an extension within the week if we are promoted. Same for Junior

No way Warnock would cast him out injured if we are not promoted. Its about honour
    After reading Warnocks book , he did the same for Kieron Dyer.

Blue in the Face

Cardiff City midfielder Aron Gunnarsson to miss final day as he undergoes surgery in hope of World Cup return
    http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...iss-final-day/

Confirmed undergone surgery.

All the best for the WC recovery Aron hope we can get over the line without you