+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Out of contract and missing World Cup isn’t a great place to be.

Wonder if we will keep him if that happens.

Re: Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Honestly, hope not.

He's not good enough for the Prem, all well and good he'd deign to stay with us when we get promoted but it's about our needs not his.

Re: Any Gunnarson injury news? He could be in a tricky situation if it’s months rather than weeks

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Honestly, hope not.

He's not good enough for the Prem, all well and good he'd deign to stay with us when we get promoted but it's about our needs not his.
    Don’t believe this to be true what so ever.

As soon as he was back in the team he was our leader straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Yep. Lead us straight from 8 wins into a draw 3 losses and 2 wins. Cracking effort.

Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life
    Honestly, hope not.

"He's not good enough for the Prem, all well and good he'd deign to stay with us when we get promoted but it's about our needs not his
    "

Agree with you completely!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

As soon as he was back in the team we started losing games. Leadership ability has zero to do with football ability.

Previous stint in the Prem showed he wasn't good enough for that level. We can get better in and will need to do so.

For another year in the championship I’d keep him. If we go up then it’s a no from me unfortunately unless as a fringe player.

Ralls id start however.

Ralls is our number one we just need to worry about him being fit .

Aron is a decent player and done well for us ,and I'm sure his next move is all set up, no transfer fee ,bigger contract , and he deserves that.

Bryson Ralls and Patterson on Sunday will do me .

He could have signed a contract , or could he??

Do feel for Aron though.

Hope he makes it to the World Cup. That would be a horrible blow for him after a difficult season, particularly as he's captain of Iceland.

He's been a brilliant player for us. Absolutely no doubting that, and he is a leader of men.

Unfortunately it's worked against us IMO in recent games, start of the season it worked, but the midfield changed in his absence and I just think him coming in upset the balance, everyone had roles and he just kinda came in pointing and shouting (as a leader would) and I just don't think they clicked. He looked ok against forest as he had Ralls back by his side.

If like to start grujic Sunday, but the way Bryson played yesterday he would get the nod alongside Ralls and Callum.

If he’s injured for months then the club need to do the right thing and give him a short term contract. After the service he’s given us it’s the least he deserves.

He's played in 19 games this season from which we've gained 38 points.

Not really evidence there that he's weakened us, particularly given he came straight back into our trickiest sequence of games, two of which we lost narrowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    He's played in 19 games this season from which we've gained 38 points.

Not really evidence there that he's weakened us, particularly given he came straight back into our trickiest sequence of games, two of which we lost narrowly.
    Damour started the season when we played well too. Whose to say he didn't have an impact?

We missed Morrison more than we have Gunnarsson.

Sorry, Gunnarsson was shoehorned back into midfield for those games breaking up a midfield trio who had been effective. That cost us a lot of momentum at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Damour started the season when we played well too. Whose to say he didn't have an impact?

We missed Morrison more than we have Gunnarsson.
    Well, we could then also argue that other players form contributed towards our defeats in games. You could also consider the opposition in the games we lost and the manner of the defeats. But it doesn’t seem to work that way around.

There may be a point here, but personally I haven’t seen in Grujic yet what some others clearly have. That’s not a criticism of him he just hasn’t really stood out as being the clear difference for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well, we could then also argue that other players form contributed towards our defeats in games. You could also consider the opposition in the games we lost and the manner of the defeats. But it doesn’t seem to work that way around.

There may be a point here, but personally I haven’t seen in Grujic yet what some others clearly have. That’s not a criticism of him he just hasn’t really stood out as being the clear difference for me.
    Grujic has the quality; I thought he was poor at first, turned it around for me. He still gives away far too many soft yellow cards.

Bryson > Grujic > Gunnarsson for me.

Hope Gunnarsson is OK.

Came back after injury into arguably our 3 toughest games of the season, and we were competitive in all 3.

Shame on those so called fans slagging him off, and suggesting he was 'using us' to get fit for the World Cup !

Hope he gets a good move in the summer, he's been a tremendous servent to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Hope Gunnarsson is OK.

Came back after injury into arguably our 3 toughest games of the season, and we were competitive in all 3.

Shame on those so called fans slagging him off, and suggesting he was 'using us' to get fit for the World Cup !

Hope he gets a good move in the summer, he's been a tremendous servent to the club.
    Less hoof yesterday and we won..

You've gotta laugh at some of the comments on here regarding Gunnarsson... some people have the memory span of a May fly with dementure!
    Seven days ago, he had as much an influence on the game against Forest as Morrison did on yesterday's at Hull. He was everywhere.

Also you cannot blame Gunnarsson for the way we play.
    Hoofball it may be at times but players get their lead from the manager.
    Okay, he may not be Iceland's answer to Pirlo with his passing but personally I hope he plays next week, or at least plays a part as I think he has a steadying influence on others.

I hope his injury is nothing serious for him personall and Iceland as he's been a fantastic servant to City.

So much negativity about Gunnar. Thank **** he was there to stick away that second v forest though eh?

Been a good player for us, he hasn't signed a contract so I fully expect him to move on wherever we are, wish him all the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You've gotta laugh at some of the comments on here regarding Gunnarsson... some people have the memory span of a May fly with dementure!
    Seven days ago, he had as much an influence on the game against Forest as Morrison did on yesterday's at Hull. He was everywhere.

Okay, he may not be Iceland's answer to Pirlo with his passing but personally I hope he plays next week, or at least plays a part as I think he has a steadying influence on others.

I hope his injury is nothing serious for him personall and Iceland as he's been a fantastic servant to City.
    Nice to see short throw ins yesterday, I've praised the man as a leader of men, and yes he looks ok with Ralls, but before Ralls was back in the team he's really not slotted back in well and disrupted a good midfield unit.
    His leadership was somewhat detrimental in a way, slowing down etheridge kicking when he's about to throw the ball up the pitch, constant long throws where we lose the ball, him and grujic stepping on eachothers toes at SU..

Morrison should be Captain full stop. The man leads by example and is a major contender for POTY. Gunnarsson was in no rush to sign a contract with us so why keep the offer on the table when he'll not be needed (or good enough) next season whichever division we find ourselves in?

Fantastic servant for city? Yes. Time to move on? also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surely it can be both? Terrific championship player but gives the hall away too much for the prem.

No prem club ever wanting to sign him possibly supports that view. I’m happy for him to stay- but depends what wages he’s after.

Aron will have a small operation tomorrow regarding a small tear and is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. He is over the moon about yesterdays result and optimistic about being fit for the game against Argentina in the World Cup. Of course his domestic season is over for Cardiff.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
    Aron will have a small operation tomorrow regarding a small tear and is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. He is over the moon about yesterdays result and optimistic about being fit for the game against Argentina in the World Cup. Of course his domestic season is over for Cardiff.
    Praying he makes all the WC games. Iceland will be the favourite team for a lot of Cardiff fans no doubt