+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morrison says “I need to talk about the support we had today: it was just incredible."

Morrison says “I need to talk about the support we had today: it was just incredible."

Great piece in WOL, Well done skipper.

“I need to talk about the support we had today: it was just incredible.

“To bring that many fans to Hull is superb and we want to say a massive thank you to them. We couldn’t do it without them.

“Next weekend will be huge, and we need as many Cardiff City fans at the Stadium supporting us and making some noise.

“This was the biggest game of the season. We spoke about 10 or 11 games ago about every game being a Cup Final and this was another one of those.

“We always seem to bounce back. [It] was massive and we put things right after Tuesday.

“The pressure was back on us after Fulham’s result. It was up to us and I thought we defended well: our shape was brilliant.

“We’ve come to Hull and kept a clean sheet. We’re delighted.

“Now we have to rest up, then focus on next week and go again. We’ve got a week to prepare for the biggest game of our careers.”

Re: Morrison says “I need to talk about the support we had today: it was just incredible."

He’s “All In” with our club

If you can, take a look at the 2nd goal again from yesterday - when NML is just crossing halfway Morrison is 25-30 yards behind him busting a gut to get up with play. He our big centre half and he ends up the furthest forward to score the goal. It’s the 80th minute and we’re 1-0 up. It’s extraordinary!
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 29-04-18 at 13:18. Reason: .

Re: Morrison says “I need to talk about the support we had today: it was just incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

If you can, take a look at the 2nd goal again from yesterday - when NML is just crossing halfway Morrison is 25-30 yards behind him busting a gut to get up with play. He our big centre half and he ends up the furthest forward to score the goal. It’s the 80th minute and we’re 1-0 up. It’s extraordinary!
    To be honest that 2nd half vs Derby I thought he was more Capt. Pugwash than Capt. Fantastic,but that effort he put in yesterday, for 90 minutes not just the goals, epitomised his desire to get to the promised land and lead by example. He was Capt. Fantastic and can be very proud.Hull-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg

One of the best atmospheres at an away game I can remember. Granted there was no noise from the hull fans but it felt like a home game. Considering the nerves, it was a great effort. Once it went 2-0 it was party mode and that allez allez allez song was loud. Hopefully there isn't another away game until August...

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    To be honest that 2nd half vs Derby I thought he was more Capt. Pugwash than Capt. Fantastic,but that effort he put in yesterday, for 90 minutes not just the goals, epitomised his desire to get to the promised land and lead by example. He was Capt. Fantastic and can be very proud.Hull-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
    I think after all the build up to derby and all that happened with snowgate maybe their players went into it with more of a point to prove and Rowett had them going a bit more.

About the original post, I posted yesterday about our away supporters, they really are a class above. We're all in it together and that is down to Warnock, from the tea lady to the first team and the fans, all in it together.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    One of the best atmospheres at an away game I can remember. Granted there was no noise from the hull fans but it felt like a home game. Considering the nerves, it was a great effort. Once it went 2-0 it was party mode and that allez allez allez song was loud. Hopefully there isn't another away game until August...
    I followed the game as best as possible yesterday via the link on here and Radio Wales (abysmal by the way) and the only vocal support I could hear was City support, they were fantastic, non stop, loud and motivating for the players. Everything the team could ask for really.

What words have we adopted to that Napoli song? It sounded brilliant yesterday on ifollow then that stream.

I think after all the build up to derby and all that happened with snowgate maybe their players went into it with more of a point to prove and Rowett had them going a bit more.

About the original post, I posted yesterday about our away supporters, they really are a class above. We're all in it together and that is down to Warnock, from the tea lady to the first team and the fans, all in it together.

I think you are right, the Derby nonsense got in the way of the game itself. I hope all of that is now dead and buried with next Sunday`s game being all that matters now, weather permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Their defender also had to buy a ticket to get back in again after his dummy to bring it onto his left foot.

He just typifies what has been great about the team this season.

The great things about that photo is that there are actually eight players in it but apart from a flailing glove you can't see Allan Mcgregor!!

I think you are right, the Derby nonsense got in the way of the game itself. I hope all of that is now dead and buried with next Sunday`s game being all that matters now, weather permitting.
    Hopefully yes, it's all behind the players/us fans now so hopefully they will be on top.form Sunday and also us as fans will be on top form for them

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What words have we adopted to that Napoli song? It sounded brilliant yesterday on ifollow then that stream.
    We're the famous Cardiff city, we come from sloper road, if you count the Welsh cup, we've won a ****ing load, we've beaten Real Madrid, we've won the fa cup, nobody believes us, but the blues are going up. Allez allez allez....

We're the famous Cardiff city, we come from sloper road, if you count the Welsh cup, we've won a ****ing load, we've beaten Real Madrid, we've won the fa cup, nobody believes us, but the blues are going up. Allez allez allez....
    I believe you've got the main gist of it but I'm 99% we were singing
    'they talk about the Welsh cup, we've won it f*king loads'
    'and still they don't believe us, the f*king blues are going up'

It did indeed feel like a home game and I do believe we helped the boys through the entire 90 minutes, a great effort from everyone and nice to have some new songs as well as the classics. (Morrison especially deserving of his personal song)

As for Mozza himself, the way he celebrated the second goal running towards us and showing the badge of the club he loves, absolute passion he's the captain that squad deserves and it's brilliant to see how happy he is to lead our team and engage with us fans.

Thanks both

What's the tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What's the tune?
    https://youtu.be/L0m0mqhVQbY

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sacrilege

At least use the best version
    https://youtu.be/kvVGkaz45SM

Don't Real Madrid sing that a lot? Great chant. Fans were immense. I had no problem with no commentary on the twitch stream, cos hearing the City fans chanting all game was class!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Don't Real Madrid sing that a lot? Great chant. Fans were immense. I had no problem with no commentary on the twitch stream, cos hearing the City fans chanting all game was class!
    I know Liverpool sang it a lot in the recent European games, its great to have some new songs and there was a few songs about Swansea on the bus home that I hadn't heard before

I have it on good authority that the tea lady has actually been a bit of a let down this season.

Bout time we really broke the mould and got a tea man next season I reckon. Really shake things up gender politics wise at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I have it on good authority that the tea lady has actually been a bit of a let down this season.

Bout time we really broke the mould and got a tea man next season I reckon. Really shake things up gender politics wise at the club.