+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bryson-Pound for Pound

Craig Bryson-Pound for Pound

If we go up, could he be considered our most influential-Best ever loan signing? For me, Koumas was the better player, an absolute joy at times, how he'd have coped in this side god only knows. Bryson offers something completely different, he is one of the fittest players I've ever seen, not very technical, but an absolute wasp of a midfielder who has done the job he was brought in to do. I can remember a player named Bob Hatton who came in for the last third of the season during the 82-83 season, and he was very influential in our promotion that season, Eddie Newton another great loan, but both at different levels. Is Bryson pound for pound our greatest ever loan signing-even if we end up in the play offs?

Re: Craig Bryson-Pound for Pound

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If we go up, could he be considered our most influential-Best ever loan signing? For me, Koumas was the better player, an absolute joy at times, how he'd have coped in this side god only knows. Bryson offers something completely different, he is one of the fittest players I've ever seen, not very technical, but an absolute wasp of a midfielder who has done the job he was brought in to do. I can remember a player named Bob Hatton who came in for the last third of the season during the 82-83 season, and he was very influential in our promotion that season, Eddie Newton another great loan, but both at different levels. Is Bryson pound for pound our greatest ever loan signing-even if we end up in the play offs?
    I don't think so, no

Certainly not.

Great player.
    Put in 100% even though a loanee.
    Helped us out whenever called upon.
    Doesn’t suit our current system

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Certainly not.
    Ok-who then? most would say Koumas, and i'd agree in terms of ability and the absolute delight he gave me while out on the pitch, but Bryson has been part of system that although unorthodox and vulgar at times, has worked, infact, I don't think even Neil Warnock knows how this has happened-My question is Pound for Pound.

Ok-who then? most would say Koumas, and i'd agree in terms of ability and the absolute delight he gave me while out on the pitch, but Bryson has been part of system that although unorthodox and vulgar at times, has worked, infact, I don't think even Neil Warnock knows how this has happened-My question is Pound for Pound.
    Ramsey! Bellamy.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Great player.
    We have a system? i'd say Bryson fits into it perfectly, chase down possession, he does that pretty well in my opinion.

Not even our most influential this season

He's not even a guaranteed starter, other loanees have been - Bellamy, Ramsey, Oneil, Koumas
    He's played the equivalent of 18 games this season

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ramsey! Bellamy.
    Good shout, but it's what could be achieved by next sunday or through the play-offs. I'm not talking about ability, it's more about the job the player has done and the consequences of the players inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Not even our most influential this season
    Who is-I can't remember who we have on loan.

Who is-I can't remember who we have on loan.
    Grujic , Wildshutt , Feeney.

O'Neil was a joy to watch, surprised he only played 9 games for us 14 years ago, which just goes to show how well he played, that people still mention him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Grujic before Bryson for me

Leon Barnett, Schmeichel, Inamoto all good loanees from the past.. O'Neill and Koumas the best for me.. Grujic the best for me this season, nothing against Bryson, just never seem to notice him when he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Grujic before Bryson for me
    A fair shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Leon Barnett, Schmeichel, Inamoto all good loanees from the past.. O'Neill and Koumas the best for me.. Grujic the best for me this season, nothing against Bryson, just never seem to notice him when he plays.
    Fair enough, was working on how he has fitted into the system and what may be achieved.

A fair shout.
    I do like Bryson’s energy though. I’d like to have him in the bench to bring on if we had a lead to close the opposition down

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Better than Wildshutt and Feeney-Grujic is a close one in my opnion.

No ,no, no ,please the best loanee by far was J lloyd Samuel, he brought a lot of joy to matters , I haven't stopped laughing.

I think he's been a good loan, but he's basically a squad player. Bit over the top to say our best ever loan signing..

I like Bryson, but I'd put Grujic ahead of Bryson

He is great at what he does and very very underated. Whenever he's on the pitch we never seem to be under much pressure, likely to do with his in your face style which breaks up the play. Actually compliments our quick counter long ball style by winning possesion often and getting the counter going quickly, just by giving a simple pass to someone like ralls who is the better ball player.

Knows what he's on the pitch to do and does it well. I wouldn't say he's our best ever loan signing though by any stretch of the imagination...

I like him and think he suits the system perfectly as his closing down and pressing in midfield is invaluable.

If we went up though I don't think we should sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Great player.
    I think he fits in rather well, closes down passing lanes, runs all over the pitch etc.