+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Gunter

Chris Gunter

A few "accidental" own goals next Sunday to send your beloved Bluebirds up please mate

Re: Chris Gunter

He ought to pull a "hammy" this week.

He was interviewed on sgorio a few weeks ago by Elis James.

It was on sgorio so not many people saw it but he spoke about possibly just returning to going to watch all the city games on the coaches when he retires.

A genuine city fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    He was interviewed on sgorio a few weeks ago by Elis James.

It was on sgorio so not many people saw it but he spoke about possibly just returning to going to watch all the city games on the coaches when he retires.

A genuine city fan.
    Didn't Gunter go on away trips until he was around 16 and was getting into the first team?

Elis James' podcast with Gabbs and Iwan Roberts is great as well. Elis' stand up on S4C and his new show are good as well for the Welsh speakers among us

Met him in Portugal, his brother was out there supporting City in Lisbon.

Really nice lad and true Bluebird, his brother was a great kid too.

Hope to God he doesn't spoil it for us next week.

If I was his manager I'd be tempted to leave him out

I always thought there was a bit of beef between him and city fans didn't he give an interview after he left saying he didn't care if we boo him ect, even tho we never had/did at the time

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I always thought there was a bit of beef between him and city fans didn't he give an interview after he left saying he didn't care if we boo him ect, even tho we never had/did at the time
    I remember some dickheads booing him because he left for Spurs, which seems a perfectly reasonable move to me

I am hoping he will be dropped next week. Utterly dreadful yesterday. He often fails to get remotely close to the player he is supposed to be marking. He is our current captain as McShane is injured. He is no leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I am hoping he will be dropped next week. Utterly dreadful yesterday. He often fails to get remotely close to the player he is supposed to be marking. He is our current captain as McShane is injured. He is no leader.
    Yes. But he has many caps!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Mc Shane must be a big loss for you Mike

Although that bloody Barrow tormented us last time. Hopefully Peltier will slow him down this time

Only 28. Could still do a job for us

Bring him home Neil

well as ridsdale put it to me 'we have much better right backs at the club than chris ****ing gunter'

remember those days

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I remember some dickheads booing him because he left for Spurs, which seems a perfectly reasonable move to me
    It was not a case of him wanting to leave, the club had an offer on the table for him and the CLUB decided he was being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    He had some stick from some City fans after leaving us. I could never understand why. Great servant to City and Wales. I expect it was the same City lads that were booing Lawrence at Derby last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    He had some stick from some City fans after leaving us. I could never understand why. Great servant to City and Wales. I expect it was the same City lads that were booing Lawrence at Derby last week.
    That great city and Wales star Lawrence? :)

I do get your point though, should have booed all of them.

Don't see the issue with booing Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    The question I would ask is why he was booed? Next month they'll be cheering him when he plays for Wales. The only other player booed during that game was Cameron Jerome.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Me neither, nor Gunter when he failed to do the ayatollah down here once.
    Fans booing is all about trying to gain an advantage getting under the player's skin.
    It's rarely personal and doubt the player thinks it is.

The question I would ask is why he was booed? Next month they'll be cheering him when he plays for Wales. The only other player booed during that game was Cameron Jerome.
    If anything it's a mark of respect that we think he's the most dangerous player. I doubt Wales crossed Lawrence's mind on Tuesday and rightly so. It was all in a bid to put him off, nothing personal. I'm sure Arsenal fans don't give Rooney, Sterling etc a great reception when they rock up at the Emirates.

Nothing against Gunter either and I hope we give him a clap before and after the game but I hope the crowd are booing every time Reading have the ball on Sunday to create a hostile atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fans booing is all about trying to gain an advantage getting under the player's skin.
    Agreed, I think they'd expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That went well.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Only 28. Could still do a job for us
    Why, because hes Welsh?

Pearcey has stated above how crap hes been lately, and he watches him week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Why, because hes Welsh?

Pearcey has stated above how crap hes been lately, and he watches him week in week out.
    This!
    He's an average championship performer, I think we need to strengthen in that position, but I would rather peltier than Gunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This!
    He's an average championship performer, I think we need to strengthen in that position, but I would rather peltier than Gunter
    Gunter has not progressed the way most of us thought he would when he was shipped off to Spurs. One of those Wales players who seems more comfortable in international football than the rigours of the Championship.