+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torries benefit sanctions regime

Torries benefit sanctions regime

So few in the media are willing to point out the Tories benefit sanctions regime costs the taxpayer £153 million more a year to run than it saves.

Attack the poor it’s in their genes.

Re: Torries benefit sanctions regime

It's all about demonising those at the bottom so that everyone else who's being squeezed point accusing fingers downwards rather than upwards for themselves becoming poorer in real terms and more indebted. And it's worked a treat. The total JSA annual bill is much less than half of what the UK gives away in foreign aid each year.

We should double benefits

Vast majority of UK households are collecting at least one benefit every week. That's due in no small part to the State Pension being a benefit, and those households number six million. I've had quite a few discussions with random old boys (mostly in boozers) down the years and several expressed surprise and disbelief that they were benefit claimants. A few got a little stroppy too. A testament to how effective the demonising gambit has been on the divide and rule front.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Vast majority of UK households are collecting at least one benefit every week. That's due in no small part to the State Pension being a benefit, and those households number six million. I've had quite a few discussions with random old boys (mostly in boozers) down the years and several expressed surprise and disbelief that they were benefit claimants. A few got a little stroppy too. A testament to how effective the demonising gambit has been on the divide and rule front.
    They need to be put to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    So few in the media are willing to point out the Tories benefit sanctions regime costs the taxpayer £153 million more a year to run than it saves.

Attack the poor it’s in their genes.
    https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/...34466087161856

So you are just quoting twitter posts from left wing extremists and agitators?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I thought that came from a report by the National Audit Office....bloody commies!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought that came from a report by the National Audit Office....bloody commies!
    No, I was referring to the OP's original post - A cut and paste job from the twitter account of "Rachaelov Smirnoffski-St Swinderburg" Left wing extremist and agitator.

No, I was referring to the OP's original post - A cut and paste job from the twitter account of "Rachaelov Smirnoffski-St Swinderburg" Left wing extremist and agitator.
    But the question is based on a factual report albeit from 2016. Having damned the messenger what do you think about the facts?

But the question is based on a factual report albeit from 2016. Having damned the messenger what do you think about the facts?
    I'd prefer the OP try to advance the debate by adding views, opinions and sometimes facts. Cutting and pasting from someone else's twitter account, like some kind of broken record, like its an innate truth doesn't really add much.

Wouldn't' you agree Cyril????

I'd prefer the OP try to advance the debate by adding views, opinions and sometimes facts. Cutting and pasting from someone else's twitter account, like some kind of broken record, like its an innate truth doesn't really add much.

Wouldn't' you agree Cyril????
    It seems to me that you are more interested in going after the OP than discussing the merits of her arguments regardless of source of material. It's no biggie, we all do it to a degree and some that do it even get offended when it happens to them.

I'd prefer the OP try to advance the debate by adding views, opinions and sometimes facts.
    Sometimes facts? Are they the least desirable of the three options? Opinions and views can be argued against. Facts, especially in this case, often can't be. I have to add that it's a particularly good Tory tactic of ignoring facts and attacking the source or reasoning.

Would you care to comment on the factual stat as mentioned, or would you prefer to ignore it totally and have a pop at the poster instead? One answer makes you appear to be a total dick, while the other forces you into a situation of some awkwardness. Over to you....

It seems to me that you are more interested in going after the OP than discussing the merits of her arguments regardless of source of material. It's no biggie, we all do it to a degree and some that do it even get offended when it happens to them.
    She hasn't made any arguments to consider the merit of, though. She has just cut and pasted a comment made by someone on twitter. Not going after anyone, just pointing out hypocrisy where is exists.

As you said, however, it's no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sometimes facts? Are they the least desirable of the three options? Opinions and views can be argued against. Facts, especially in this case, often can't be. I have to add that it's a particularly good Tory tactic of ignoring facts and attacking the source or reasoning.

Would you care to comment on the factual stat as mentioned, or would you prefer to ignore it totally and have a pop at the poster instead? One answer makes you appear to be a total dick, while the other forces you into a situation of some awkwardness. Over to you....
    Is it factually correct?? I can only see reports in the left wing press suggesting the figures that the OP cut & paste in the OP. A left wing newspaper stating this figure does not make it factually correct.

I will post and quote who the blooody hell I want. Hope that helps.

Is it factually correct?? I can only see reports in the left wing press suggesting the figures that the OP cut & paste in the OP. A left wing newspaper stating this figure does not make it factually correct.
    Have that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b090a702a66859

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I will post and quote who the blooody hell I want. Hope that helps.
    That’s very helpful indeed.

Very helpful.

COFOG FY 2016
    Spending
    [+] Pensions 154.7
    [+] Health Care 138.5
    [+] Education 84.8
    [+] Defence 44.8
    [–] Welfare 113.6
    [+] Family and children 15.7
    [+] Unemployment 2.7
    [+] Housing 4.0
    [+] Social exclusion n.e.c. 31.6
    [+] R&D Social protection 0.0
    [+] Social protection n.e.c. 59.7
    [+] Protection 29.9
    [+] Transport 27.8
    [+] General Government 13.8
    [+] Other Spending 17.0
    [+] Interest 45.9
    [+] Balance 0.0
    [+] Total Spending 762.3
    [+] Public Net Debt 1,602.6
    [+] Current Budget Deficit 38.9.

Over to you young , chancellors ,fix the above, you have 3 years to do so ,forget your political allegiances, pretend it's your money .

Christ what an a hole

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ what an a hole
    No he's not going to answer it because he has tied himself up in knots , the blokes a clown

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    COFOG FY 2016
    Spending
    [+] Pensions 154.7
    [+] Health Care 138.5
    [+] Education 84.8
    [+] Defence 44.8
    [–] Welfare 113.6
    [+] Family and children 15.7
    [+] Unemployment 2.7
    [+] Housing 4.0
    [+] Social exclusion n.e.c. 31.6
    [+] R&D Social protection 0.0
    [+] Social protection n.e.c. 59.7
    [+] Protection 29.9
    [+] Transport 27.8
    [+] General Government 13.8
    [+] Other Spending 17.0
    [+] Interest 45.9
    [+] Balance 0.0
    [+] Total Spending 762.3
    [+] Public Net Debt 1,602.6
    [+] Current Budget Deficit 38.9.

Over to you young , chancellors ,fix the above, you have 3 years to do so ,forget your political allegiances, pretend it's your money .
    Where's the income column? There's where the work is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No he's not going to answer it because he has tied himself up in knots , the blokes a clown
    Like you tied yourself up in knots on your deluded housing policy thread where you spouted utter lies and complete bollocks throughout. You did not - because you could not - come back with one answer where I proved you wrong, wrong and then wrong again on everything that you posted in your thread.

Clown? Look in the mirror Coco.

Like you tied yourself up in knots on your deluded housing policy thread where you spouted utter lies and complete bollocks throughout. You did not - because you could not - come back with one answer where I proved you wrong, wrong and then wrong again on everything that you posted in your thread.

Clown? Look in the mirror Coco.
    No you didn't you posted a load of nonsense , they are all in it together , the vale council are corrupt

You have been leathered again on this thread you porky old tory tart

Where's the income column? There's where the work is needed.
    No point talking sense on here.