+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we get more than 32,339 on Sunday ?

Can we get more than 32,339 on Sunday ?

I think the club should do everything possible to beat the attendance record for a club game at CCS, but is it possible?

I would love it if we do.

Re: Can we get more than 32,339 on Sunday ?

No no i need to spread out my fat lard of an arse

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No sorry mate can`t do that , it would be great if we can beat it, a few less beers maybe ? Nah that won`t work... will it ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I think the club should do everything possible to beat the attendance record for a club game at CCS, but is it possible?

I would love it if we do.
    Reading's fans have until Friday 12 noon to purchase tickets. Might be more go on sale after that if they don't sell out. Less segregation would help boost numbers,too. Be good if we could best the previous best attendance at CCS.

Got to say the segregation is a joke, the amount of seats they shut off on both sides is stupid, the last home game notts forest (they brought along about 1200)
    with the segregation being around the 3/4000 mark, crazy

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Reading's fans have until Friday 12 noon to purchase tickets. Might be more go on sale after that if they don't sell out. Less segregation would help boost numbers,too. Be good if we could best the previous best attendance at CCS.
    To be honest as a few of us have already said, it`s all about the segregation. Capacity is about 33,280 I think, so even for Man city there were some 900 seats lost , that sounds a lot, maybe freebies ain`t counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Got to say the segregation is a joke, the amount of seats they shut off on both sides is stupid, the last home game notts forest (they brought along about 1200)
    Thing with that is ticket sales were poor so they could afford to give that amount of segregation I suppose. But for the BIG games a bit of waste needs to be managed I think, there has to be a way of getting closer to capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Looked about 300 Forest fans to me.

I'm with you on this one.

I haven't had anyone sat on one side of me at any game (including Wolves) this season, as I need at least a seat & a half , I hope if they've sold it, it's to a 7 stone pencil!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Looked about 300 Forest fans to me.
    You are right, got it mixed up with another game, so shows how ridiculous the segregation in that game was

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    To be honest as a few of us have already said, it`s all about the segregation. Capacity is about 33,280 I think, so even for Man city there were some 900 seats lost , that sounds a lot, maybe freebies ain`t counted?
    Reading are being charged £20 under the "Twenty's Plenty" reciporical agreement. Lower ticket prices might encourage a few more Reading fans to come along. Hopefully not too many and the club can sell them to home fans. Slightly smaller segregation than Man City might just allow a record home attendance. Main thing is we get three points. I don't think anyone will care what the attendance is then.

International

Easy way to fill the stadium. Don't give reading any tickets.

Tear the seats out I say, 50k in then , let's have an old Ninian Park day out

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Easy way to fill the stadium. Don't give reading any tickets.
    According to another MB, they have 1,605....if they sell out, plus our 31,000 = 32,605. Therefore about 900 segregation. Possible record attendance on the cards then, even with too much segregation.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    According to another MB, they have 1,605....if they sell out, plus our 31,000 = 32,605. Therefore about 900 segregation. Possible record attendance on the cards then, even with too much segregation.
    Think capacity is 33280 so need to keep segregation to about 600

Tear the seats out I say, 50k in then , let's have an old Ninian Park day out
    before or during the game lol

Why do we need segregation these days,Rugby doesn’t? Agree away support should be together for atmosphere but 600+ seats wasted thro segregation?

I think I'd honestly prefer fences than whole blocks of empty seats.

I seem to recall a single line of stewards sitting on the steps for our first PL game vs ManC. No empty blocks.
    Surely that is all that's needed?
    It's not like we're hosting Roma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Why do we need segregation these days,Rugby doesn’t? Agree away support should be together for atmosphere but 600+ seats wasted thro segregation?
    Surely you wouldnt advocate no segregation when we are playing teams like Millwall, Leeds, Swansea, West Ham etc would you ?. Thats asking for trouble. The police would be the ones telling what was needed anyway in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Surely you wouldnt advocate no segregation when we are playing teams like Millwall, Leeds, Swansea, West Ham etc would you ?. Thats asking for trouble. The police would be the ones telling what was needed anyway in most cases.
    Maybe we could have a mixed happy stand, all love peace, harmony and lattes` like the cottagers ? Nah that wont work here.