+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expat City Fans

Re: Expat City Fans

****in plastics where were you at forest

I was there, fortunately was my first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    I was there, fortunately was my first game of the season.
    absolute disgrace, should be banned from the ground

I've been banned by my family from coming back for this match. Was over for the Wolves home match and Villa away a few weeks back and those didn't go so well!

I've also been witness to the last match at Ninian Park, FA Cup final and Play-Off final.. needless to say i've been branded as bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    My brother is flying to Gatwick via Norwegian Air from Chicago, think he got his for $600 return. I'm pretty sure they fly out of New York too.
    Were his travel dates flexible and is his flight non-stop? I've been looking a Saturday-Monday.

I could actually fly into Rhoose via Dublin for just over $1100. But the travel time is 14-18 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    I've been banned by my family from coming back for this match. Was over for the Wolves home match and Villa away a few weeks back and those didn't go so well!

I've also been witness to the last match at Ninian Park, FA Cup final and Play-Off final.. needless to say i've been branded as bad luck.
    Are you in Toronto or GTA?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Were his travel dates flexible and is his flight non-stop? I've been looking a Saturday-Monday.

I could actually fly into Rhoose via Dublin for just over $1100. But the travel time is 14-18 hours.
    Flying direct, his flights are Friday night and Tuesday afternoon.

Just did a quick check with Norwegian Air. Direct to Gatwick is $1100 return.

Plastics my ass

I remember flying over from South Africa to watch Cardiff in the FA Cup final .......Left Joburg on the Thursday night arriving Friday morning stayed with my brother in Wimbledon on the couch, went to the game then flew back Sunday night for work on Monday morning ...... absolute Madness

Saying that ......... was gonna do it for the League Cup Final in 2012 as well, but unfortunately work commitment

I'm going the opposite direction.

Heading away from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Plastics my ass

I remember flying over from South Africa to watch Cardiff in the FA Cup final .......Left Joburg on the Thursday night arriving Friday morning stayed with my brother in Wimbledon on the couch, went to the game then flew back Sunday night for work on Monday morning ...... absolute Madness

Saying that ......... was gonna do it for the League Cup Final in 2012 as well, but unfortunately work commitment
    That is insane

Aww why didn't I think of doing something like this? Although it'd be a 14 hour flight, I'm not in work again until next Tuesday.

I'm flying in on Friday from oz, bought my ticket online 2 weeks ago, hope it gets here tomorrow
    before I leave!

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyblue View Post
    I'm flying in on Friday from oz, bought my ticket online 2 weeks ago, hope it gets here tomorrow
    before I leave!
    I think they said every ticket will have been posted by EOP yesterday. So hopefully yours was posted before that!

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyblue View Post
    before I leave!
    They'll reprint it for you if you call them anyway, I'd worry more about getting here

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Are you in Toronto or GTA?
    I'm in Toronto, by the lake - a bit west of the downtown core.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    I'm in Toronto, by the lake - a bit west of the downtown core.
    I believe (unless it’s you) that there is another City fan in Guelph and there’s even a City pub there - I’ve never been able to find it despite 2 of my kids being at Uni there. Any idea?

I’m north on the 400 - on Georgian Bay

And so the journey begins. Not helped by the lack of sleep thanks to my son having a restless night.