+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Re: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    That Fulham team would of beat ykur reading team, we lost last two and played reserves, our 2nd keeper who played 1 Game was your keeper Marcus H, who I thought for us was rubbish, this time set us up to stay in tne prem for many years, your stayed up 2 seasons, most of this team went to Old Trafford two years later and won 3-1, not many of your team would of got into our team,
    Simples. We hold the record.106.

That Fulham team would of beat ykur reading team, we lost last two and played reserves, our 2nd keeper who played 1 Game was your keeper Marcus H, who I thought for us was rubbish, this time set us up to stay in tne prem for many years, your stayed up 2 seasons, most of this team went to Old Trafford two years later and won 3-1, not many of your team would of got into our team,
    Relegation fodder. Where did you finish in the League the following season? We finished 8th btw

Please that goal keeps me awake at night, I predicted they would get something and they deserved the draw at last, I think sheff united away, was key you deserved nothing, andgor a point, warnock Said at the time that could be crucial, it proved to Be very important
    I still remember going absolutely mental watching the Utd players taking the ball to the corner flag trying to waste time ........ Praying that it would come back to haunt those cocky bastards ........... and guess what

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    You're clearly thick as sh1t as a £1 bet would probably have the same affect if you're that unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    For a Saturday 3pm game in February all these would be valid points. However Sunday will be absolutely unprecedented. Biggest ever crowd, unparalleled tension.

Even if we go 1 up and news comes through Fulham are also 1 up the tension will rise and everyone will become edgy. If we haven’t scored after about 10 minutes it will be very very tense!!! Tension does strange things to teams- and to referees!

Nobody is saying reading will turn up and play us off the park but there’s every possibility it could all go very wrong. Football is most popular sport in the world because of it. Margin for error is tiny in a one off game. Early red card, penalty etc..... and it all flips on it’s head.
    This is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Relegation fodder. Where did you finish in the League the following season? We finished 8th btw
    We are going off topic, but we finished 13th, then 7th, your team stayed up for 2 years, and the 3 teams you went up with never stayed around long, Blackburn, Fulham Bolton all stayed up with ease. And many years after that, the year you won it it was a weak league, place went up and Came back down, your keeper was not even allowed to Tart for us, we agree to disagree on this one, how are reading going to get something on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Fulham fans vs reading fans our 2001 team is better than you 2005 team no our 2005 team is better than your 2001 team and on a Cardiff city forum of all places
    My apologies on this one, it’s one thing coming on here. But to talk non Cardiff stuff is wrong

My apologies on this one, it’s one thing coming on here. But to talk non Cardiff stuff is wrong
    It's been a good change to Cardiff arguing with Cardiff

It's been a good change to Cardiff arguing with Cardiff
    But Fulham were better, that team would beat current Fulham team easily(had to get last word)

We are going off topic, but we finished 13th, then 7th, your team stayed up for 2 years, and the 3 teams you went up with never stayed around long, Blackburn, Fulham Bolton all stayed up with ease. And many years after that, the year you won it it was a weak league, place went up and Came back down, your keeper was not even allowed to Tart for us, we agree to disagree on this one, how are reading going to get something on Sunday?
    We will disagree. You won less points, scored less goals,lost more games than our 2005/06 team. I will leave it that.
    We will lose on Sunday btw.

We will disagree. You won less points, scored less goals,lost more games than our 2005/06 team. I will leave it that.
    We will lose on Sunday btw.
    I know you will lose on Sunday that’s A given, but our 2001 team would of beaten your reading team, hands down, at best 3 players would of got in our team, our striker got sold to man utd for 12m 14. Years ago, you only got more points because weaker league I rest my case

But Fulham were better, that team would beat current Fulham team easily(had to get last word)
    I enjoyed that Fulham reading banter!

Cardiff were down in league 2 when Fulham had that good team so were miles off- reading as said above scores 10 goals v us in 2 open games in 2005ish.

Both sides were very good anyway! Definitely better than our championship winners in 2012/13. Mind you even if we come 3rd this year I think this side is better than 2012/13.

I know you will lose on Sunday that’s A given, but our 2001 team would of beaten your reading team, hands down, at best 3 players would of got in our team, our striker got sold to man utd for 12m 14. Years ago, you only got more points because weaker league I rest my case
    You can stick your case up your West London arse. The League was much weaker in 2000/01. At best one of your players would have made our side. Anyway good luck in the Championship next season.

You can stick your case up your West London arse. The League was much weaker in 2000/01. At best one of your players would have made our side. Anyway good luck in the Championship next season.
    Both post your teams and managers and we will judge completely impartially!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Both post your teams and managers and we will judge completely impartially!
    Manager Steve Coppell

Keeper. Marcus Hahnemann
    Left back Nicky Shorey
    Right back Graham Murty
    Centre back ibrahima Sonko
    Centre back Ivor Ingimarsson
    Central midfield Steve Sidwell
    Central midfield James Harper
    Winger Bobby Convey
    Winger Glen Little
    Striker Dave Kitson
    Striker Kevin Doyle/Leroy Lita/Shane Long

Manager Steve Coppell

Keeper. Marcus Hahnemann
    Left back Nicky Shorey
    Right back Graham Murty
    Central midfield Steve Sitwell
    Winger Bobby Convey
    Winger Glen Little
    Striker Dave Kitson
    Harper and sidwell were brilliant! How the feck did kitson score so many goals

We never recovered when Sidwell left after our first season in the top flight. Kitson was terrific for us. He didn’t do it for Stoke.
    We bought Long and Doyle for a combined fee of less than £200,000 from memory. Sonko was majestic before he was injured in the PL.

You quoted my post before I had chance to change the typo on Sidwell. I have to be honest I did spell Ingimarsson wrong the first time.

Manager Steve Coppell

Keeper. Marcus Hahnemann
    Left back Nicky Shorey
    Right back Graham Murty
    Central midfield Steve Sidwell
    Winger Bobby Convey
    Winger Glen Little
    Striker Dave Kitson
    A good list of players but only Steve Sidwell Shane long Shorey are proven prem class, ( they stayed in the prem for years) Shane long unbelievable bargain,
    We had Steve finan champs league winner, Luis Saha. Lee Clark. Luis boa Morte, Chris Coleman, Karl Heinz Riedle, John Collins, Alain goma, goldbaek . All these players are proven prem class, your keeper was not good enough for our team, see you next season

You quoted my post before I had chance to change the typo on Sidwell. I have to be honest I did spell Ingimarsson wrong the first time.
    Steve Sidwell did well for us. The fans loved him, though he would get himself sent off

A good list of players but only Steve Sidwell Shane long Shorey are proven prem class, ( they stayed in the prem for years) Shane long unbelievable bargain,
    We had Steve finan champs league winner, Luis Saha. Lee Clark. Luis boa Morte, Chris Coleman, Karl Heinz Riedle, John Collins, Alain goma, goldbaek . All these players are proven prem class, your keeper was not good enough for our team, see you next season
    Some cracking players in that Fulham line up but the Reading side was all about the team. The individuals in isolation were nothing special but as a team they were incredible. Sidwell and Harper in midfield just instinctively knew how to play alongside each other. When Sidwell left to join Chelsea on a free it was the start of our decline.

Steve Sidwell did well for us. The fans loved him, though he would get himself sent off
    His mistake was joining Chelsea. He wasn’t good enough and he wasted part of his career on the bench when he should have been playing. We never properly replaced him. He was in my mind our key player.

His mistake was joining Chelsea. He wasn’t good enough and he wasted part of his career on the bench when he should have been playing. We never properly replaced him. He was in my mind our key player.
    I remember seeing Sidwell and John terry riding around the Chelsea training ground on a quad bike, yes he was not good enough for them, bearing in mind the midfield they had back then

Some cracking players in that Fulham line up but the Reading side was all about the team. The individuals in isolation were nothing special but as a team they were incredible. Sidwell and Harper in midfield just instinctively knew how to play alongside each other. When Sidwell left to join Chelsea on a free it was the start of our decline.
    I agree that the team may have been better than the sum of its parts but disagree that the players individually weren’t special. The last 6 or 7 names in your list are some of the best players I’ve seen at this level. I used to work in Yorkshire and we used to be the beer provider to Hull City. We had a hospitality package for some customers at the Hull Reading game that season and you utterly dismantled Hull that night

Coppell did a great job with that team

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    It's true. We were so poor. But battled hard and just willed an equaliser in. The spirit in this team is unreal. I love it.
    I get that mate, we were crap, but calling it an "absolute scandal" isn't something is expect to hear form one of our own