+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Seriously they have not scored an away goal in 5 games, there defence as gone back to the stam days, the new manager bounce was short lived, they don’t like playing the more physical teams, when the fist goal goes in they will fall apart, I am going for a 3-0 Cardiff win, could nit think of a better team to play in tne last game, anyone disagree with me

Re: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Seriously they have not scored an away goal in 5 games, there defence as gone back to the stam days, the new manager bounce was short lived, they don’t like playing the more physical teams, when the fist goal goes in they will fall apart, I am going for a 3-0 Cardiff win, could nit think of a better team to play in tne last game, anyone disagree with me
    You’ve well and truly put the mockers on that now.

No. We have six or seven players who should be dropped but there is no one better to replace them. We are unfit both physically and mentally. We should be going down but somehow it looks like we will stay up.

I think if we had a pick of a team to play reading at home would probably be most people's choice along with maybe Sunderland

What happened to a side that made it too the play off final last year , only to be felled by the mighty Terriers.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What happened to a side that made it too the play off final last year , only to be felled by the mighty Terriers.
    Lots of things. We lost Danny Williams from our central midfield and haven’t replaced him. We have had a constant injury crisis that begun preseason.
    As for the preseason it was hopeless. We have an unfit squad which is why we concede so many late goals.
    Kermorgant missed much of the season so our main goal scorer has been absent.
    Our summer signings have been poor especially Sone Aluko who has been a massive disappointment.

We were also sussed out. Teams knew if they played a high pressing game we would lose the ball and that’s exactly what has happened.
    Slow, predictable and unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lots of things. We lost Danny Williams from our central midfield and haven’t replaced him. We have had a constant injury crisis that begun preseason.
    As for the preseason it was hopeless. We have an unfit squad which is why we concede so many late goals.
    Our summer signings have been poor especially Sone Aluko who has been a massive disappointment.

We were also sussed out. Teams knew if they played a high pressing game we would lose the ball and that’s exactly what has happened.
    Hi Pearcey - how can a team be unfit in the last week of season?

This is the Championship! That should be enough justification for anyone after all the last time Fulham lost was at Sunderland!
    I think we will do it Sunday and clinch second place but that wasn’t the question !

Yes there are some really good books out there

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think if we had a pick of a team to play reading at home would probably be most people's choice along with maybe Sunderland
    At least Sunderland gave it a go, I can’t see reading put up a fight, because they have not got it in them, they are the biscuitmen, soft in the middle, and all over

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Hi Pearcey - how can a team be unfit in the last week of season?
    I think the players were used to playing a slow tempo passing game where we had loads of possession but did very little with it. We were unfit during this time and regularly conceded late goals. The unfitness was there but not glaringly obvious. Our style has changed. We now often have less of the ball than our opponents and are doing more chasing. The players are not used to it. They have looked out on their feet at the end of matches.

At least Sunderland gave it a go, I can’t see reading put up a fight, because they have not got it in them, they are the biscuitmen, soft in the middle, and all over
    I hope you're right, if we do go up I and I'm sure majority on here will be hoping Fulham win the play offs

We may be crap right now but have been one of the best teams in the Championship during this Century.

Reading had the better chances before Ipswich scored their first. They're more than capable. We need to treat them with the utmost respect. Its all on the first goal. If we get they'll collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Reading had the better chances before Ipswich scored their first. They're more than capable. We need to treat them with the utmost respect. Its all on the first goal. If we get they'll collapse.
    I'm sure Neil will drill the players appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

We pressed you high at your place and you cut right through us time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I hope you're right, if we do go up I and I'm sure majority on here will be hoping Fulham win the play offs
    Thanks I am hoping so, but play offs are the play offs

Yea it's the Championship.

This isn't the Fulham board, we wont all be wanking ourselves off about how amazing the team is in a hurry. We fully well know Reading are capable, as will the playing and coaching staff.

Has to be treated as a cup final because in many ways it's exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We pressed you high at your place and you cut right through us time after time.
    In the first half we did but don’t forget we were in good form at the time. That game marked the start of our freefall. We let in two very late goals which again showed our lack of fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yea it's the Championship.

This isn't the Fulham board, we wont all be wanking ourselves off about how amazing the team is in a hurry. We fully well know Reading are capable, as will the playing and coaching staff.

Has to be treated as a cup final because in many ways it's exactly that.
    That’s how you have to approach it. Warnock also has a dreadful record against us. He will be aware of that too.

I’d take Leeds all day and every day

Fulham are lucky they’re at Birmingham who also realistically won’t go down and if Gary Monk knows they’re safe with 10 mins to go and you guys aren’t winning you’ll be winning by the end - he’ll make sure of that if it means Cardiff failing

Fortunately we’ve got Warnock and an amazing togetherness - I’d be confident if we were playing so Fulham that that togetherness would get the job done.

I am putting £30 on a Cardiff win this weekend.
    My record in betting is truly appalling.

I think I rest my case, so with the feedback from Pearcy reading have not got it in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I might do the same, every time I have backed Cardiff they have lost, I changed my mind on Saturday and never had a bet, might bet on them on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. Your record on most things is truly appalling.