+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Re: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I know you will lose on Sunday that’s A given, but our 2001 team would of beaten your reading team, hands down, at best 3 players would of got in our team, our striker got sold to man utd for 12m 14. Years ago, you only got more points because weaker league I rest my case
    Would HAVE...not would OF..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I get that mate, we were crap, but calling it an "absolute scandal" isn't something is expect to hear form one of our own
    Just being realistic. In my eyes it makes that point so much sweeter!

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Would HAVE...not would OF..
    There is a bot on reddit that comments to correct people on this

I get that mate, we were crap, but calling it an "absolute scandal" isn't something is expect to hear form one of our own
    Daylight robbery, but it was a evening kick off, we should of lost at boro in January, boro hit the crossbar in the last minute, we broke away and got a dodgy pen, so both teams get lucky

Daylight robbery, but it was a evening kick off, we should of lost at boro in January, boro hit the crossbar in the last minute, we broke away and got a dodgy pen, so both teams get lucky
    Always find it funny when people talk about unfair results. Scoring goals is actually a big part of football. Some say the biggest. The aim of everything done is to score or not concede goals.

If shef u for example can’t do this- and we can- then who cares if they had a nimble midfield who could cut us open? If they can’t acrually finish anything then switch off and concede a soft goal. Was a fair result.

Seriously they have not scored an away goal in 5 games, there defence as gone back to the stam days, the new manager bounce was short lived, they don’t like playing the more physical teams, when the fist goal goes in they will fall apart, I am going for a 3-0 Cardiff win, could nit think of a better team to play in tne last game, anyone disagree with me
    I can make a case as we have previous for messing up big time and as far as I can see no one has mentioned it. About a decade ago we played Reading in the playoffs at a time we were flying. We duly drew the away leg, but got dicked 3 - 0 in the second leg at home, cheers Shane Long. To make matters worse Swansea then beat Reading in the playoff final and have remained in the Premier League ever since. We owe Reading big time. Not that I hold a grudge!!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I can make a case as we have previous for messing up big time and as far as I can see no one has mentioned it. About a decade ago we played Reading in the playoffs at a time we were flying. We duly drew the away leg, but got dicked 3 - 0 in the second leg at home, cheers Shane Long. To make matters worse Swansea then beat Reading in the playoff final and have remained in the Premier League ever since. We owe Reading big time. Not that I hold a grudge!!
    I get the feeling Reading fans were as crushed at losing that playoff final as we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Always find it funny when people talk about unfair results. Scoring goals is actually a big part of football. Some say the biggest. The aim of everything done is to score or not concede goals.

If shef u for example can’t do this- and we can- then who cares if they had a nimble midfield who could cut us open? If they can’t acrually finish anything then switch off and concede a soft goal. Was a fair result.
    I don't totally disagree but there are times when you come away from a match thinking your team has been robbed or have somehow nicked a result.

I thought we were really unlucky to get nothing from Villa away and it's ridiculous we didn't get a point against Wolves at home considering the penalties. But with Sheff Utd we absolutely devastated them in a game weren't in.

Everytime we have a chance of actually achieving something in a one-off game; we tend to blow it! FA Cup Final; League Cup Final; Play off Final, all within the last 10 years or so. So you can understand why people are a little bit anxious.

Personally think we'll be fine and if we aren't going to win, it'll be either because of an exceptional Reading performance; or a mistake by someone (player or referee). I don't see that our players won't be 100% on their game; Warnock will ensure it.

Fans have long memories, tnis is a different Cardiff team, mentally strong, when you do lose it’s only just, reading are mentally weak, when first goal goes in, they will collapse

There is a bot on reddit that comments to correct people on this
    If I knew what that meant I'd probably be laughing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

Just saw this posted by a Reading fan:

We also tend to get relegated every 10 years with the year ending in 8.

1988 - relegated from Div2/Champ.
    1998 - relegated from Div2/Champ.
    2008 - relegated from Premier League.
    2018 - ???

I don't particularly want them to be relegated, but it would require a rather convenient defeat on Sunday.

Once we lost Bellamy through injury in that First Leg, we were always in trouble when you consider some of the mentally frail characters in that 2011 team - I can still see Jay Bothroyd pulling out of a challenge with that keeper who scored against us (Federici?) in the second leg. I can also remember Shane Long's joke first goal when Steven Bywater cocked up.

Always used to like Jimmy Kebe from the Reading sides of around the turn of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Once we lost Bellamy through injury in that First Leg, we were always in trouble when you consider some of the mentally frail characters in that 2011 team - I can still see Jay Bothroyd pulling out of a challenge with that keeper who scored against us (Federici?) in the second leg. I can also remember Shane Long's joke first goal when Steven Bywater cocked up.

Always used to like Jimmy Kebe from the Reading sides of around the turn of the decade.
    Those were the three key moments for me. I was at the away game and we were threatening with Bellamy and controlled it even without him. The home game was just a mess. Before the Shane Long goal we were on top but that was just calamitous though I think McNaughton was not completely blameless then a penalty. In the second half we threatened a comeback as it was not away goals but the Bothroyd chickening out, because that was what it was, signaled the end. I don't see our players pulling out of any challenges on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just saw this posted by a Reading fan:

We also tend to get relegated every 10 years with the year ending in 8.

1988 - relegated from Div2/Champ.
    1998 - relegated from Div2/Champ.
    2008 - relegated from Premier League.
    2018 - ???

I don't particularly want them to be relegated, but it would require a rather convenient defeat on Sunday.
    2008 we stayed up on goal diference over reading, we won our last 3 in a row, the great escape

Ha...me too.
    Anyway, we have to make sure we don't loose this one..or flags will be at half mask.
    I'm on tent hooks at the moment. Wish we could of gone straight up.

It'll be a proper damp squid if we loose.
    But if we win we can put the players on a pedal stool.

Bywater had a shocker that night. He was an utter liability. Dave Jones showed some class providing McDermott with a bottle of champagne.
    We lost to Swansea in the final and my lad who was eight at the time was in floods of tears at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bywater had a shocker that night. He was an utter liability. Dave Jones showed some class providing McDermott with a bottle of champagne.
    We lost to Swansea in the final and my lad who was eight at the time was in floods of tears at Wembley.
    I remember your lot were a whisker away from equalising too: only the slightest of touches from a Swansea player deflecting the ball on to the post from an open goal.

You're clearly thick as sh1t as a £1 bet would probably have the same affect if you're that unlucky.
    I hope he Jursett took my advice and only put a £1 bet on, I'd hate to think his stupidity won him a shed load of money.