+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Re: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    In the first half we did but don’t forget we were in good form at the time. That game marked the start of our freefall. We let in two very late goals which again showed our lack of fitness.
    Agree with the late goals, I was surprised to see how soft you lot were.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I am putting £30 on a Cardiff win this weekend.
    My record in betting is truly appalling.
    Just like your choice of football team

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes there are some really good books out there

For a Saturday 3pm game in February all these would be valid points. However Sunday will be absolutely unprecedented. Biggest ever crowd, unparalleled tension.

Even if we go 1 up and news comes through Fulham are also 1 up the tension will rise and everyone will become edgy. If we haven’t scored after about 10 minutes it will be very very tense!!! Tension does strange things to teams- and to referees!

Nobody is saying reading will turn up and play us off the park but there’s every possibility it could all go very wrong. Football is most popular sport in the world because of it. Margin for error is tiny in a one off game. Early red card, penalty etc..... and it all flips on it’s head.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    For a Saturday 3pm game in February all these would be valid points. However Sunday will be absolutely unprecedented. Biggest ever crowd, unparalleled tension.

Even if we go 1 up and news comes through Fulham are also 1 up the tension will rise and everyone will become edgy. If we haven’t scored after about 10 minutes it will be very very tense!!! Tension does strange things to teams- and to referees!

Nobody is saying reading will turn up and play us off the park but there’s every possibility it could all go very wrong. Football is most popular sport in the world because of it. Margin for error is tiny in a one off game. Early red card, penalty etc..... and it all flips on it’s head.
    Yes absolutely.

We as fans have to do our best to not let the atmosphere get edgy and nervous, it will be hard but that's our part to play. We score a lot of late goals and must stick with the team until the final whistle.

Yes absolutely.
    If it was a test match that couldnt happen of course. Over the full 5 days the best team will win, or at least not lose. You wouldn’t have amateurs beating top players in test match cricket- it could never happen, never has and never will.

However in football upsets like that happen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We as fans have to do our best to not let the atmosphere get edgy and nervous, it will be hard but that's our part to play. We score a lot of late goals and must stick with the team until the final whistle.
    Absolutely. I’m just making the point the circumstances are unprecedented so making any predictions should be done so with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I hope you're right, if we do go up I and I'm sure majority on here will be hoping Fulham win the play offs
    For sure, a trip to Fulham or boro, polar opposites. Villa can stay down for a few more and derby can go to hell

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We pressed you high at your place and you cut right through us time after time.
    We pressed very poorly at the Madejski, one player would go but nobody would cover the space he left behind meaning they could just play a one-two and they were running at the defence

Ah, th emotional insurance policy bet

I respect that

Absolutely. I’m just making the point the circumstances are unprecedented so making any predictions should be done so with that in mind.
    Of course. I just hope we can really back the team and help push them over the line, they deserve a fantastic atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We pressed very poorly at the Madejski, one player would go but nobody would cover the space he left behind meaning they could just play a one-two and they were running at the defence
    I Agree We did it badly

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    For sure, a trip to Fulham or boro, polar opposites. Villa can stay down for a few more and derby can go to hell
    Careful now

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I Agree We did it badly
    The two late goals masked what was a really poor performance, probably one of the worst of the season

We'll have to be a lot better on Sunday

I might do the same, every time I have backed Cardiff they have lost, I changed my mind on Saturday and never had a bet, might bet on them on Saturday

Warnock’s record against us is dire with just 5 wins in 29 games.

. Early red card
    Grujic

Warnock’s record against us is dire with just 5 wins in 29 games.
    Nevertheless, we (and Believe Warnock) had poor records at places like Norwich and Hull, but form prevailed. I do hope the same can be said for this weekend, but wish you the best in staying up which barring a mini miracle, shouldn't really be much of an issue.

No doubt you will be posting an image of the betting slip, you gutless coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Nevertheless, we (and Believe Warnock) had poor records at places like Norwich and Hull, but form prevailed. I do hope the same can be said for this weekend, but wish you the best in staying up which barring a mini miracle, shouldn't really be much of an issue.
    Yep if we stay up and you go up I will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I hope you're right, if we do go up I and I'm sure majority on here will be hoping Fulham win the play offs
    To be fair, if we go up I won't be giving 2 shits about who wins the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    To be fair, if we go up I won't be giving 2 shits about who wins the play offs.
    I love the playoffs when you've already gone up automatically.

You're clearly thick as sh1t as a £1 bet would probably have the same affect if you're that unlucky.

This Fulham chap has been decent enough, but this reverse psychology type post and dismissal of reading in a one off game is rather stupid.