+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Re: Can anyone make a case for reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Hi Pearcey - how can a team be unfit in the last week of season?
    Fake News??....lol

Their recent results in reverse order:

Reading 0-4 Ipswich
    Shef.Wed 3-0 Reading
    Reading 2-2 Sunderland
    Fulham 1-0 Reading
    Reading 1-0 Preston
    Villa 3-0 Reading
    Reading 1-0 QPR
    Norwich 3-2 Reading
    Wolves 3-0 Reading
    Reading 2-2 Leeds
    Reading 1-1 Bolton

So eleven games since the start of March.

2 wins
    3 draws
    6 losses
    For - 9
    Against - 22
    points - 9 out of 33

Last three games they have conceded 9 goals against Ipswich, Shef.Wed And Sunderland.

Hard to see it happening but who knows?

Of course Reading have a chance.
    We will probably have less possession than them, but they could take their one and only chance whilst we hit the woodwork half a dozen times.
    Wont matter though cos Brum will beat Fulham!

Sounds like Russel Slade is your manager..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This Fulham chap has been decent enough, but this reverse psychology type post and dismissal of reading in a one off game is rather stupid.
    It’s not reverser psychology, I asked. Question, and no one has gave me a answer, I would swap fixtures in a heart beat, if reading play out there skins, you will still wear them down in the last 20 mins, I hope I am proved wrong, but o know I am right, hull was the promotion clincher I.M.O

Reading and Birmingham are safe - could end up being two draws...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Of course Reading have a chance.
    We will probably have less possession than them, but they could take their one and only chance whilst we hit the woodwork half a dozen times.
    Wont matter though cos Brum will beat Fulham!
    You will beat reading 2-0, brum won’t beat us

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Although you've got a harder game (Birmingham not as bad recently as Reading, and you're away), I see no way you can lose. I'd be very surprised if you even drew.

And if we win the key goal of our season may end up being Brentford's injury time equaliser against you. Such fine margins.

I have said for weeks I don't think you will beat Brum, I'd go as far as to say they will spoil your record at the final hurdle and beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We may be crap right now but have been one of the best teams in the Championship during this Century.
    The Reading side that won the 05/06 Championship are by far the best team we've played in the years we've been in it.

The tempo that team played with was unbelivable & I think still hold the points record. Every goal kick, free kick, throw was taken instantly and the ball moved before the defence was ready. We got thrashed 5-1 there & 2-5 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Although you've got a harder game (Birmingham not as bad recently as Reading, and you're away), I see no way you can lose. I'd be very surprised if you even drew.

And if we win the key goal of our season may end up being Brentford's injury time equaliser against you. Such fine margins.
    Please that goal keeps me awake at night, I predicted they would get something and they deserved the draw at last, I think sheff united away, was key you deserved nothing, andgor a point, warnock Said at the time that could be crucial, it proved to Be very important

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The Reading side that won the 05/06 Championship are by far the best team we've played in the years we've been in it.

The tempo that team played with was unbelivable & I think still hold the points record. Every goal kick, free kick, throw was taken instantly and the ball moved before the defence was ready. We got thrashed 5-1 there & 2-5 at home.

Yep. I’ve seen some pundits say this current Wolves is the best ever Championship team. Well apart from winning less points than our 2005/6 side, scoring less goals, conceding more and losing more than that Reading side they may have a point!

Please that goal keeps me awake at night, I predicted they would get something and they deserved the draw at last, I think sheff united away, was key you deserved nothing, andgor a point, warnock Said at the time that could be crucial, it proved to Be very important
    For every injury time equaliser you’ve conceded, we have one to show ourselves.

both teams deserve to go up but as long as Cardiff get there, I don’t care.

There are usually quite a few games you can look back on with "what ifs...". 2 missed late pens v Wolves, the ref we've got on Saturday bizarrely pulling us back for a free kick just as Bamba was scoring the possible late winner v Millwall etc. etc. Certain games tend to be looked back on as key, but in reality several results could easily have gone differently, both for and against us.

An absolute scandal for Sheff Utd they didn't hold on that night. We didn't deserve a point, nowhere near.

An absolute scandal for Sheff Utd they didn't hold on that night. We didn't deserve a point, nowhere near.
    Jursett is that you with a new account playing silly buggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Best ball boys I've ever seen the multi ball system they had was ridiculous

That’s a very honest and fair comment. Should of game over, but that’s why sheff united are where they are, they can’t finish. We had to much to catch up. Our first half the season was woeful, we went 9 games at home without winning

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Jursett is that you with a new account playing silly buggers?
    It's true. We were so poor. But battled hard and just willed an equaliser in. The spirit in this team is unreal. I love it.

Yep. I’ve seen some pundits say this current Wolves is the best ever Championship team. Well apart from winning less points than our 2005/6 side, scoring less goals, conceding more and losing more than that Reading side they may have a point!
    You was good, but best championship team ever, was Fulham 2000-01, after 3 games Sam alarydce and Trevor Francis, said just watched the champion, total football, better than current team, total football with Saha ripping it up

You was good, but best championship team ever, was Fulham 2000-01, after 3 games Sam alarydce and Trevor Francis, said just watched the champion, total football, better than current team, total football with Saha ripping it up
    No chance. How many points did you get?

No chance. How many points did you get?
    101 they got

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    101 they got
    Pah!

Pah!
    That Fulham team would of beat ykur reading team, we lost last two and played reserves, our 2nd keeper who played 1 Game was your keeper Marcus H, who I thought for us was rubbish, this time set us up to stay in tne prem for many years, your stayed up 2 seasons, most of this team went to Old Trafford two years later and won 3-1, not many of your team would of got into our team,

Fulham fans vs reading fans our 2001 team is better than you 2005 team no our 2005 team is better than your 2001 team and on a Cardiff city forum of all places