+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff U 19's Welsh Cup Final

Cardiff U 19's Welsh Cup Final

Good luck to our U19 side who take on Swansea U19's in the Liberty stadium on Tuesday night. Let's hope this is Craig Bellamy's first title as a coach.

Re: Cardiff U 19's Welsh Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelief View Post
    Good luck to our U19 side who take on Swansea U19's in the Liberty stadium on Tuesday night. Let's hope this is Craig Bellamy's first title as a coach.
    Any idea what time it kicks off - I've been trying to find some info on the game, but without success.

I believe it's 7:30 on Tuesday in Swansea Bob

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I believe it's 7:30 on Tuesday in Swansea Bob
    Defo in Swansea mate. Not sure about K.O.

Yeah it's 7:30.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yeah it's 7:30.
    Thought I'd give you a heads up. Says 7pm at the Liberty here. Maybe KO is later?
    https://www.swanseacity.com/news/u19...ff-final-clash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Thought I'd give you a heads up. Says 7pm at the Liberty here. Maybe KO is later?
    https://www.swanseacity.com/news/u19...ff-final-clash
    Earlier kick off time the better if I'm going to be there - next question, what's the quickest way of driving from Treherbert to Swansea and back that doesn't involve driving over the mountains in the pitch black?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Earlier kick off time the better if I'm going to be there - next question, what's the quickest way of driving from Treherbert to Swansea and back that doesn't involve driving over the mountains in the pitch black?
    Over the Rhigos is by far the best way Bob.

Drive up to Neath then get on to the m4 and get off on junction 45 amd you'll be there in 40 minutes max.

As said the roads to Swansea are fine. Just watch out for the rutted dirt tracks as you get closer to Landore.

All a bit of a shambles really - the Jacks were saying it's a 7 o clock kick off with free admission., now they've changed their minds and agreed with City and the FAW that it's a 7.30 start with charges of £5 for adults and £2 for concessions.

Swansea yoof have averaged 4.5 goals per game in the competition. We've averaged 5.6.

Why are either of us bothering to play in this "competition"? What do any our our youths learn by playing such a poor standard of opposition?

1-1 at the moment, Mark Harris scored the equaliser with a good header after Swansea went 1-0 up.

How old is Harris? Would he not have been better going out on loan to league 2 this season?

Assuming you are travelling by car ,there should be a switch on the dash that will switch on the lights .

Always happy to help..

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How old is Harris? Would he not have been better going out on loan to league 2 this season?
    Just turned 19 but eligible to play .

1-1 extra time

Gone to penalties.

Jacks won penalty shoot out 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Swansea yoof have averaged 4.5 goals per game in the competition. We've averaged 5.6.

Why are either of us bothering to play in this "competition"? What do any our our youths learn by playing such a poor standard of opposition?
    How to score

I think justice was done really - Swansea were the better team over the whole game. For about seventy minutes it was a good match, but after the ref picked up an injury which forced the fourth official to take over, it all became very stop start with plenty of players from both sides needing treatment for cramp. City were well in the game, but then really ran out of steam in the last ten minutes or so of normal time and were hanging on after that and it seemed the only way they could win was on penalties.