+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match day programmes could be a thing of the past

Match day programmes could be a thing of the past

Re: Match day programmes could be a thing of the past

I buy one every game, but it's habit as much as anything else. It's quite an expensive habit really at £3 a pop, possibly more next season. Like most habits, once I'd got used to not buying one, I'm sure I wouldn't miss it.

Dont buy them myself but I am sure many people do.
    Could affect revenue for the club with sponsors marketing etc.

Quite sad really, another institution being phased out but they really just gather dust or get binned.

So much more to do these days at half time than read a programme.

City's current programme is in my opinion the worst ever produced by us, and far worse than other club sin our division. AT £3 a go it's expensive too and just full of adverts and very little interesting content.

A lot of magazines have been slowly switching to online issues over the last few years, but most people still prefer a paper copy. They use extra content as a sweetener to buy the online version, then upset subscribers who don't get that content in the paper one. It's still heavily in favour of paper issues though.

I think City will make a fair bit of money on them next season if we go up, but they have to improve on the current one. I think most clubs would see a drop in revenue if they only issued online, but some smaller clubs may see it as a costly burden, and there would be even less content, or maybe no programme at all, paper or online.

Leyton Orient, when they had the mad owner, used to issue a single, folded sheet full of adverts juts to comply with the rules.

First Team

Cannot remember the last time I bought one. Probably around the time the Football League Review was included!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    City's current programme is in my opinion the worst ever produced by us, and far worse than other club sin our division. AT £3 a go it's expensive too and just full of adverts and very little interesting content.

A lot of magazines have been slowly switching to online issues over the last few years, but most people still prefer a paper copy. They use extra content as a sweetener to buy the online version, then upset subscribers who don't get that content in the paper one. It's still heavily in favour of paper issues though.

I think City will make a fair bit of money on them next season if we go up, but they have to improve on the current one. I think most clubs would see a drop in revenue if they only issued online, but some smaller clubs may see it as a costly burden, and there would be even less content, or maybe no programme at all, paper or online.

Leyton Orient, when they had the mad owner, used to issue a single, folded sheet full of adverts juts to comply with the rules.
    Totally agree with this.
    That’s why I stopped buying ours
    As you say very little content just full of adverts
    Derby’s was only £2

I always preferred the Thin Blue Line fanzine .
    Not about now though, is it.