+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best Pub in Cardiff to watch the game?

Best Pub in Cardiff to watch the game?

Title says it all, my brother has decided to pop over from France for the big weekend with a mate but they can't get tickets. Normally I would go to one of my locals (I'm up in Llandaff North) but last time I went to watch City there it was dead... Anyone got any suggestions for where will have a good atmosphere? Travel around town ain't an issue and not really fussed on craft beers or ales. Cheers!

Re: Best Pub in Cardiff to watch the game?

Go Queens Vaults, Gareth Bales 11's bar or The Rummer. In no particular order

The Canton Cross is Brill! Great beer, friendly staff, and the atmosphere is amazing before and after the game as it's the nearest pub to the ground. (if you discount the sandmartin which is shite.)

I think if they wait until Friday and reading have sold there’s we might get a few extra tickets

Thanks everyone! Will tell them to check again on Friday. Will probably go the Cross as we could probably do a pub crawl home. What's the Rummer like now it's had it's facelift? Always quite liked it, my old man was banned in the 70s for passing out in the bogs when they were out celebrating the end of 6th form and it didn't seem to have changed much since then!

Quote Originally Posted by ct_ccfc View Post
    Thanks everyone! Will tell them to check again on Friday. Will probably go the Cross as we could probably do a pub crawl home. What's the Rummer like now it's had it's facelift? Always quite liked it, my old man was banned in the 70s for passing out in the bogs when they were out celebrating the end of 6th form and it didn't seem to have changed much since then!
    Check every single day. The ticket office is getting returns because mates are hedging their bets and buying extra tickets for each other they don't need.

is it on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    is it on TV?
    Yes.

If it was me Id go to Shooters in the bierkeller. They've got a big fcuk off HD Screen and plenty of other TVs, lots of space in there and the beer isn't too pricey. You can book a package for £15 which inc a birger, two drinks, VIP table infront of the big screen and service to your table.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_ccfc View Post
    What's the Rummer like now it's had it's facelift? Always quite liked it, my old man was banned in the 70s for passing out in the bogs when they were out celebrating the end of 6th form and it didn't seem to have changed much since then!
    Yeah really good in there recently. One large screen down the end right next to the bar and then a load near the entrance too. Perhaps not the best if you're after a seat unless you're there early and cash only at the moment but I like it.

If I had to watch in town, I'd prolly go to the Rummer, nice big screen at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    If I had to watch in town, I'd prolly go to the Rummer, nice big screen at the back
    £2.55p a pint of bow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    £2.55p a pint of bow as well.
    All that good beer and you choose Bow????

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    All that good beer and you choose Bow????
    I am a Coeliac sufferer, so I can only drink ciders.

Can't drink lager, or any ales