+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marko Grujic

Marko Grujic

How many games has he played? City website says 13 - didn't he have to play in 14 before we were hit by the much mentioned large fine?

Hypothetical question - say he is one appearance short and we start (as I think we will) with Bryson, Ralls and Paterson would you bring him on if we were one goal up and Fulham were winning, with 5 minutes to go.

Re: Marko Grujic

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    How many games has he played? City website says 13 - didn't he have to play in 14 before we were hit by the much mentioned large fine?

Hypothetical question - say he is one appearance short and we start (as I think we will) with Bryson, Ralls and Paterson would you bring him on if we were one goal up and Fulham were winning, with 5 minutes to go.
    To save a few quid? Really?

I think he'll start now Gunners is unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I think he'll start now Gunners is unavailable.
    Me too. Ralls, Grujic and Paterson with Bryson to come on later.

Bryson was very good last game and I'd be tempted to start him, but is rather start with grujic and have Bryson as a plan b than the other way around.
    I like grujic but he does seem to get caught by the ref more than most for making small fouls, they sack up and he ends up getting a soft yellow (well not all challenges mounted up but you know what I mean)

Imagine starting Bryson who gets injured, we bring on grujic who gets a yellow then treads carefully, would it be a wasted sub?

And I think he's the better player anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    To save a few quid? Really?
    I agree i don't think the money will enter Warnocks thinking but what's the fine? Besides it'd hardly be like we were bringing on some real donkey.

Fwiw i think he'll start with the more experienced and steadier Bryson as Grujic is more like to get carried away and get booked early on. Not often you see a sub subbed.

If it was me I would pick the player who want's it more in training this week , the fittest, follows instruction , more experience in this type of critical game , doesn't go walkabout or look lost for me that puts Bryson ahead of Marko ,even though the later has the better skills , however dos he have the full 90 minute game and nounce .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If it was me I would pick the player who want's it more in training this week , the fittest, follows instruction , more experience in this type of critical game , doesn't go walkabout or look lost for me that puts Bryson ahead of Marko ,even though the later has the better skills , however dos he have the full 90 minute game and nounce .
    He's a young player, he needs to listen or no matter what his skill is he won't go far. I think after Saturday Warnock would have had a word, there have been other times he's picked up silly cards or made needles fouls but they go unnoticed as he wasn't subbed off, so now he's been given a second chance in the team due to gunnar being out, I think it's imperative that he starts to listen to basic instructions, and one ringing round in his head will be "don't make stupid challenges"

I don't mind players getting yellows, cynical fouls players make to break up play etc and take one for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He's a young player, he needs to listen or no matter what his skill is he won't go far. I think after Saturday Warnock would have had a word, there have been other times he's picked up silly cards or made needles fouls but they go unnoticed as he wasn't subbed off, so now he's been given a second chance in the team due to gunnar being out, I think it's imperative that he starts to listen to basic instructions, and one ringing round in his head will be "don't make stupid challenges"

I don't mind players getting yellows, cynical fouls players make to break up play etc and take one for the team.
    He has a horrible habit of pulling on players shirts as they run past him. (great feet though)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

There is leeway on the number of appearances he has to make, don’t think Sunday would be of any consequence.

I would be stunned if the midfield 3 isnt Ralls Bryson Patterson.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He has a horrible habit of pulling on players shirts as they run past him. (great feet though)
    Leaving the foot in etc. I think it's a positive in a way because he just seems hungry and eager, things like that maybe come with experience. He's a talented lad and I'd like to have him back next year of he's not in their first team plans, make sense for him to step up see how he does.

I've seen Morrison pull down a player to the floor and you don't so much as see him arms move and play moves on. Got to be a smart player about these things

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    There is leeway on the number of appearances he has to make, don’t think Sunday would be of any consequence.
    Sure if we brought him on as a last second sub it would count too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I would be stunned if the midfield 3 isnt Ralls Bryson Patterson.
    Agreed.

Grujic has talent but lacks pace which is why he's easily beaten, giving away needless yellows.

Bryson harries, hassles, chases down - Reading are so shit he'll win us plenty of possession in their half.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sure if we brought him on as a last second sub it would count too.
    Doesn’t have to come on at all, Warnock stated that although 14 games was the deal, it could be 12/13 and there wouldn’t be any penalty.

Reading are gonna arrive on Sunday and Park the bus ........ They only need a point to secure their championship survival

Grujic to start for me

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Reading are gonna arrive on Sunday and Park the bus ........ They only need a point to secure their championship survival

Grujic to start for me
    Just watched the highlights of their 4-0 defeat to Ipswich. Surely they can’t defend as badly as that again can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Just watched the highlights of their 4-0 defeat to Ipswich. Surely they can’t defend as badly as that again can they?
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post

Grujic to start for me
    And me, but Bryson does do far more unseen work than him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And me, but Bryson does do far more unseen work than him.
    How do you know if you can't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post

Exactly!

Football talk for = "He doesn't do too many constructive things on the pitch.

Bryson will get the nod ahead of Grujic. This is a big, high stakes game ... Grujic's temperament is questionable and Bryson's greater experience will benefit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Ah, I can't, but there are those who can

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ah, I can't, but there are those who can
    Septic Peg?

I think he's done a decent job for us in the short time he's been at City.