+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory MPs block release of Windrush papers

Tory MPs block release of Windrush papers

From when May was Home Secretary. Why I wonder

Absolutely stinks, a government who are racist to the core.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b022f71a0420dc

Re: Tory MPs block release of Windrush papers

I wrote elsewhere that Rudd was a gatekeeper put there to keep a lid on things.

The vote was a strange one as it wasn't just the Tories that got the majority.

My guess is that previous Labour Goverments are invloved in policy decesions that effected Windrush folk, perhaps inadvertaly , hence they may have also voted with the goverment,to save face, we have to remeber JC has a dislike of those New Labour years , even though that era, ravaged the Tories ,and only Labour with its In fighting let them back in ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The vote was a strange one as it wasn't just the Tories that got the majority.

My guess is that previous Labour Goverments are invloved in policy decesions that effected Windrush folk, perhaps inadvertaly , hence they may have also voted with the goverment,to save face, we have to remeber JC has a dislike of those New Labour years , even though that era, ravaged the Tories ,and only Labour with its In fighting let them back in ?
    Think the 2008 worldwide crash and Gordon Brown's unsuitability for the top job had something to do with Labour's defeat in 2010 - they had won a big majority in 2005 on the back of the Iraq invasion, but I also think that attitudes towards that had changed in the intervening five years and Labour lost people who had supported them previously because of that.