+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How will Fulham react?

How will Fulham react?

All this talk about City being nervous got me thinking about Fulham. For the first time they are under real pressure knowing it is out of their hands. Their form has not been what it was so I wonder if Brum will be their Waterloo?

Re: How will Fulham react?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    All this talk about City being nervous got me thinking about Fulham. For the first time they are under real pressure knowing it is out of their hands. Their form has not been what it was so I wonder if Brum will be their Waterloo?
    Said for ages they will lose this game.

Their danger( should they only make the play off's) will be maintain Ning momentum.
    Yes they would be the best team in the play off four, but the disappointment of not getting automatic could easily see them not reach the play off final ?

That would be absolutely disastrous

I think they will steam roller Brum.

They haven't really got any pressure because they know they are in the play-off really unless we mess up.

The play-offs though - that will be a different kettle of fish - knowing they have to win and its a shit or bust scenario maybe different.

They are they only ones from the play-offs last year...

Perhaps they'll field their reserves to keep their first team fresh for the playoffs.

I don't see them losing at all.

23 matches unbeaten.

Rarely during this time have anyone done us any favours, Brentford and qpr most notable.

Its the final day they will be feeling pressure also but I can't see Birmingham doing us any and so as we have known since Derby, we have to win this match.

The pressure is on City.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I admire your optimism Eric, but somehow I think they will smash Brum by 3 or 4. Ive gone past thinking about 'what ifs' - we just need to win the game at any cost, by doing whatever it takes
    I agree. I was also joking, btw!

I think it will all end in tears for Fulham.

Consigned to the play-offs and losing to 'Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think it will all end in tears for Fulham.

Consigned to the play-offs and losing to 'Boro.
    Yep that's the way I see it too, and then losing Sessingon and Cairney in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yep that's the way I see it too, and then losing Sessingon and Cairney in the summer.
    All because of a rash

Compared with us Fulham have nothing to lose. They are third so the pressure must be on us as we have to win. Even if they win promotion is not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Compared with us Fulham have nothing to lose. They are third so the pressure must be on us as we have to win. Even if they win promotion is not a guarantee.
    But they have to win just to give themselves a chance. We're both under similar pressure.

The Cottagers cant keep cheating death forever. The great footballing Grim Reaper, also know as Stuart Attwell, will be waiting for them at St Andrews this Sunday. The man in black will make sure they finally meet their maker this weekend. Dont you worry about that. It'll be like that scene at the end of the movie Final Destination, only with less lightning bolts and more red cards and phantom goals.

"Early bath for you Mr Mitrovic".

"And you Mr Cairney"

"Since i'm in generous mood today, you can have one too Mr Sessengnon"

"Oh hang on a minute is that a goal for Birmingham? I think so. Close enough".

Relax, we've got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But they have to win just to give themselves a chance. We're both under similar pressure.
    I could be wrong but had assumed if we lost and they drew they would go up on goal difference meaning they don't have to win.

I could be wrong but had assumed if we lost and they drew they would go up on goal difference meaning they don't have to win.
    Correct. They simply have to do better than us. A draw could be enough for them.

I think the responses to my original question have confirmed pretty well what I was thinking, in that Fulham are under pressure, and IMO, more than City. It will be interesting (understatement ) to see how they react Sunday. Would not be surprised to see a draw v Brum. Hopefully we can at least match that.

They'll win; I am sure of it.

However it would be just if they got the wrong end of a few refereeing decisions.

As said above by people, its up to City to deal with so whatever happens at St Andrews become irrelevant.

Of course, but they're not going to gamble on that, which is why they need to go out and win.

Fulham will react by winning their game and hoping for their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Perhaps they'll field their reserves to keep their first team fresh for the playoffs.
    I know you're joking here but I'd be surprised if everyone at Fulham hadn't considered this possibility. I'm sure we're all ready for something to go wrong on Sunday but Fulham must see it as a foregone conclusion, we haven't dropped a point, home or away, against a bottom half team for three months and Reading are on a poor run. Fulham must be thinking they've got three massive games to come, do they really want to risk injuries or 'waste' a brilliant performance on Sunday when it's going to be in vain anyway?

I know you like your darts, I'm assuming Fulham see it that they're on 351 while we're sitting on a double. Do they really want to throw a 180 now when it would be much more useful to start the next leg with it?

That's probably all a complete load of bollocks, just trying to feel a bit better about Sunday. For now it feels like I've got a dentist's appointment on Sunday rather than a City game.

I'm not buying Fulham have nothing to lose. Come on they have promotion to lose and it's going to be unbearable for them, given how important our score is to them. That's going to bring the kind of mental torture that we won't have from kick off. Get our there and smash Reading with a strong determined performance.

When managers say things like "it's theirs to lose" it's bollox. Fulham will be thinking positive and expecting to get promoted, because if they have any doubts the manager wouldn't pick them.

I think the pressure is all on us, we are the ones with the chance to bottle it, Fulham just have an outside chance and no pressure.

It’s nervous been in our hands, I have relaxed about it, praying for a miracle, we have done very well to take it to,the last game, shame we hit form from late December onwards, no pressure on us