+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How will Fulham react?

Re: How will Fulham react?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I think they will steam roller Brum.

They haven't really got any pressure because they know they are in the play-off really unless we mess up.

The play-offs though - that will be a different kettle of fish - knowing they have to win and its a shit or bust scenario maybe different.

They are they only ones from the play-offs last year...
    This is how I see it

[QUOTE=Cozoni Wam;4875186]The Cottagers cant keep cheating death forever. The great footballing Grim Reaper, also know as Stuart Attwell, will be waiting for them at St Andrews this Sunday. The man in black will make sure they finally meet their maker this weekend. Dont you worry about that. It'll be like that scene at the end of the movie Final Destination, only with less lightning bolts and more red cards and phantom goals.

"Early bath for you Mr Mitrovic".

"And you Mr Cairney"

"Since i'm in generous mood today, you can have one too Mr Sessengnon"

"Oh hang on a minute is that a goal for Birmingham? I think so. Close enough".

Relax, we've got this.[/QUOTE
    He ****ed up last season, when reading scored he missed the blatant hand ball in the build up, glad we don’t have him in the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    It’s nervous been in our hands, I have relaxed about it, praying for a miracle, we have done very well to take it to,the last game, shame we hit form from late December onwards, no pressure on us
    The players will have a different mindset to the fans. I think as a player you have to back yourself and keep believing that it's going to go your way. Fans have their superstitions and memories of failure and will obviously have their doubts. I think your players will put in 100% on Sunday but it probably won't be your normal performance. Whichever of us ends up in the playoffs it's going to be tough to forget losing out on automatic. Oh and this division is MENTAL and anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I know you're joking here but I'd be surprised if everyone at Fulham hadn't considered this possibility. I'm sure we're all ready for something to go wrong on Sunday but Fulham must see it as a foregone conclusion, we haven't dropped a point, home or away, against a bottom half team for three months and Reading are on a poor run. Fulham must be thinking they've got three massive games to come, do they really want to risk injuries or 'waste' a brilliant performance on Sunday when it's going to be in vain anyway?

I know you like your darts, I'm assuming Fulham see it that they're on 351 while we're sitting on a double. Do they really want to throw a 180 now when it would be much more useful to start the next leg with it?

That's probably all a complete load of bollocks, just trying to feel a bit better about Sunday. For now it feels like I've got a dentist's appointment on Sunday rather than a City game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I think they will steam roller Brum.

They haven't really got any pressure because they know they are in the play-off really unless we mess up.

The play-offs though - that will be a different kettle of fish - knowing they have to win and its a shit or bust scenario maybe different.

They are they only ones from the play-offs last year...
    Surely then if the play offs are where the pressure is, they'll be under pressure NOT to go there

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Thanks for that. I've now given away my ticket for Sunday and booked a dentist's appointment instead. They don't normally open Sundays but I said I'd pay double.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Like watching the BDO that 😀

Basically we are doomed, if we get to the play offs and as expected get beat, out team will dismantle and all,our star players will leave including our manager, we will do well to stay up. This is a big big 2 weeks in our history

International

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Surely then if the play offs are where the pressure is, they'll be under pressure NOT to go there
    They may be under pressure not to go to the play-offs but its not in their gift to get automatic. If we win they can win 20 - 0 and it won't make any difference.
    We can give it to them, but they cannot take it!!

I was at that game, this brings anger to me, I fuvking hate derby, hope we beat them in the play offs, Sunday’s feels like 1983 all over again, we had to beat Leicester s result, they drew 0-0 at home to burnley, we lost to derby, well we never played a full game, I went back to derby 5 years later with Swindon, seeking some revenge, football fans have long memories

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Test hit a nerve with older Fulham fans

I was at that game, this brings anger to me, I fuvking hate derby, hope we beat them in the play offs, Sunday’s feels like 1983 all over again, we had to beat Leicester s result, they drew 0-0 at home to burnley, we lost to derby, well we never played a full game, I went back to derby 5 years later with Swindon, seeking some revenge, football fans have long memories
    I can't remember that occasion, but reading that article has made me angry for you. That is basically complete cowardice on behalf of the League, and allowing Derby to get away with it is astonishing! I hadn't realised they'd got previous for acting like that before this season and snowgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can't remember that occasion, but reading that article has made me angry for you. That is basically complete cowardice on behalf of the League, and allowing Derby to get away with it is astonishing! I hadn't realised they'd got previous for acting like that before this season and snowgate.
    It was shocking, it all kicked off in the streets after, derby fans dropped a pigs head down on us, the F.A bottled it,
    Thanks for your feelings around this, one of our players Robert Wilson( who goes most games now) got kicked by derby fans,

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They may be under pressure not to go to the play-offs but its not in their gift to get automatic. If we win they can win 20 - 0 and it won't make any difference.
    We can give it to them, but they cannot take it!!
    I was just making the point they will be under pressure, the person I replied to was saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I was just making the point they will be under pressure, the person I replied to was saying otherwise.
    The real pressure will come if we score first.

The fans at there game will react with Brum fans taking the piss and Fulham fans going nervously quiet, this could easily be picked up by the players and affect what goes on on the pitch.

On the other hand, if we convede then it could go the other way, or if they score first the pressure is right back in us.

What will be will be, but after listening to many veterans of the Leeds FA Cup win last night, we as fans can play our part by getting to the ground early and making an atmosphere and by staying with the side if things don't go to plan early on.

You may be surprised at how much difference we can make to the players mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The real pressure will come if we score first.

The fans at there game will react with Brum fans taking the piss and Fulham fans going nervously quiet, this could easily be picked up by the players and affect what goes on on the pitch.

On the other hand, if we convede then it could go the other way, or if they score first the pressure is right back in us.

What will be will be, but after listening to many veterans of the Leeds FA Cup win last night, we as fans can play our part by getting to the ground early and making an atmosphere and by staying with the side if things don't go to plan early on.

You may be surprised at how much difference we can make to the players mentality
    So true. We've got to make massive noise, just like at Hull but multiplied by 10. Be positive and Reading will be the ones feeling the pressure of every mistake.

It was shocking, it all kicked off in the streets after, derby fans dropped a pigs head down on us, the F.A bottled it,
    Thanks for your feelings around this, one of our players Robert Wilson( who goes most games now) got kicked by derby fans,
    We all hate DERBY

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    We all hate DERBY
    So at least nearly all Cardiff fans will be cheering on Fulham against derby ?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Not so much cheering on you lot

More like booing the ‘others’

I should imagine so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    So true. We've got to make massive noise, just like at Hull but multiplied by 10. Be positive and Reading will be the ones feeling the pressure of every mistake.
    Have to shout for every foul. And not moan if a mistake is made

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Not so much cheering on you lot

More like booing the ‘others’
    That’s Even better,derby cheating again it’s in there D.N.A

They were lucky a f**k to beat Sunderland - deffo penalty not awarded (then they scored down the other end) and an offside winner...maybe their luck will run out

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    They were lucky a f**k to beat Sunderland - deffo penalty not awarded (then they scored down the other end) and an offside winner...maybe their luck will run out
    Both teams have had there luck. And bad luck, we only dwell on the ones that went against us, or the teams that we have played, 23 unbeaten says either are lucky. Or on our day not bad