+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good night for politics

A good night for politics

It seems with the results I so far that neither party can take any joy .

UKIP vote collapses
    Liberals gain.
    Labours monentum stalls.
    Tories don't add to many .

The Tory cave in which usually happens after a general election didn't happen,mostly driven from voting outside London although they did retain and take some London seats .
    I thought Grenville Tower, Windrush and tge general dislike of May would hit tgem hard.

Labour's big elected gains didn't materialise. I wonder if its an anti semitism backlash , their positioning on all things Russian,anti western stance , the romance between voter and JC waining . Perhaps a return of Yvette Cooper and Hilary Benn type of Mps is now required ?

Re: A good night for politics

Pretty dull overall. Some unexpected lab gains but missed most of their targets. Lib Dems pick up but really could they do any worse? Ukip get wiped off the face of the earth. Tories survive, that seems to be Mays MO, survival.

Labour should be crushing the conservatives given recent events but it just isn't happening.

Labour have a set of popular policies and an unpopular leader. Replacing that with a popular (besties with Murdoch) leader would likely spell the end for the popular policies. Stuck in the mud really.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It seems with the results I so far that neither party can take any joy .

UKIP vote collapses
    Liberals gain.
    Labours monentum stalls.
    Tories don't add to many .

The Tory cave in which usually happens after a general election didn't happen,mostly driven from voting outside London although they did retain and take some London seats .
    I thought Grenville Tower, Windrush and tge general dislike of May would hit tgem hard.

Labour's big elected gains didn't materialise. I wonder if its an anti semitism backlash , their positioning on all things Russian,anti western stance , the romance between voter and JC waining . Perhaps a return of Yvette Cooper and Hilary Benn type of Mps is now required ?
    The recent campaign against Corbyn makes sense now, I forgot there was an election coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The recent campaign against Corbyn makes sense now, I forgot there was an election coming!
    And not forgetting Windrush, their all the same

Am I missing something?

Best results for labour since 1971. Labour won 2200 Cllrs. All other Parties won 2045.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Am I missing something?

Best results for labour since 1971. Labour won 2200 Cllrs. All other Parties won 2045.
    Yep! Great performance. Right on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Imagine the result if the press and members of his own party hadn't tried to smear him!

It's was like Brexit all over again,almost a draw .

Exactly! Welcome on board

Exactly! Welcome on board
    Deluded fool.

Deluded fool.
    Tory poodle

Tory poodle
    You just can't help being abusive can you?

The results would not get them, into power unfortunately .

Labour are becoming an inner city party , folk outside of the London type bubble will view that the wrong way, and potentially see them leaning and pandering to the ethnic vote .

I would now work to an agreed change of leadership to broaden its new appeal , continue to build on some of the good work around health , police numbers , nationalise some services such as energy.

They cannot be seen to be pandering to the ego of the Unite leaders views ( who must fancy himself as PM at times ) .

Demonstrate a Brutishness ,less western dislikes view , deal with the well documented ant antisemitism problems ( they are there,even their MP's accept its presence )

In my view they could and should have done a lot better against an awful government , history shows , it will not work otherwise .

You just can't help being abusive can you?
    You just called me a deluded fool, you silly old chubby git

I thought it didn't provide any real indication of what would happen at a general election if called immediately, same old, voted for same old, with UKIP picked off by both sides. UK in a limbo, there was certainly no winners.

You just called me a deluded fool, you silly old chubby git
    How old are you?? 13?

How old are you?? 13?
    She's right , you started with the insults and don't like em back

Won't be long till you are banned again

As for the results , good night for labour , those are the facts

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She's right , you started with the insults and don't like em back

Won't be long till you are banned again

As for the results , good night for labour , those are the facts
    Deluded fool?? An insult??

It's not just students that are snowflakes these days is is? It seems that anyone who can't get their way is.

Deluded fool?? An insult??

It's not just students that are snowflakes these days is is? It seems that anyone who can't get their way is.
    Says the guy that cried about people being abusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Says the guy that cried about people being abusive?
    What would you call the worse insult?

Deluded fool or Chubby old git?

What would you call the worse insult?

Deluded fool or Chubby old git?
    First one. You could lose the weight and stop being a git but somebody can't help it if they are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    First one. You could lose the weight and stop being a git but somebody can't help it if they are a fool.
    Yes, of course it is.

In your world anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The results would not get them, into power unfortunately .

Labour are becoming an inner city party , folk outside of the London type bubble will view that the wrong way, and potentially see them leaning and pandering to the ethnic vote .

I would now work to an agreed change of leadership to broaden its new appeal , continue to build on some of the good work around health , police numbers , nationalise some services such as energy.

They cannot be seen to be pandering to the ego of the Unite leaders views ( who must fancy himself as PM at times ) .

Demonstrate a Brutishness ,less western dislikes view , deal with the well documented ant antisemitism problems ( they are there,even their MP's accept its presence )

In my view they could and should have done a lot better against an awful government , history shows , it will not work otherwise .
    There seems to have been an attempt to paint these results as a disaster for labour, when they really weren't.

Ukip collapsed completely and the Tories would have gained from that, without that it could have been dreadful for them.

The most interesting result for me was in Sunderland - big leave vote during the referendum votes.....lib dem?
    Didn't see that one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There seems to have been an attempt to paint these results as a disaster for labour, when they really weren't.

Ukip collapsed completely and the Tories would have gained from that, without that it could have been dreadful for them.

The most interesting result for me was in Sunderland - big leave vote during the referendum votes.....lib dem?
    Didn't see that one coming.
    That's one point of view. However, as you have said UKIP have collapsed. They are gone and are never coming back. The fact is that voting has been skewed over the past few years because of UKIP.

You need to get used to the fact that they are gone and won't be seen again.

Interesting to note that normality is now returning:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/05/10...our-38-8-9-ma/

That's one point of view. However, as you have said UKIP have collapsed. They are gone and are never coming back. The fact is that voting has been skewed over the past few years because of UKIP.

You need to get used to the fact that they are gone and won't be seen again.

Interesting to note that normality is now returning:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/05/10...our-38-8-9-ma/
    You got always get it wrong you dozy Tory lump

They were predicting a total wipeout for labour and a 120 seat scum majority at the last election

Theresa may listened to them too, the silly old tart