+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Denmark v Wales

Denmark v Wales

Will be played in Aarhus not Copenhagen

Aarhus, in the middle of the street. (Not really, it'll be at the Ceres Arena, Aarhus)

Re: Denmark v Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

Aarhus, in the middle of the street. (Not really, it'll be at the Ceres Arena, Aarhus)
    Nice place. Some really good drinking and eating places in both the old part and the new part. Last time I was there , there was a bar full of Newcastle scarves and flags from when they played them in one of the European competitions years earlier.

For the cultured readers of the board , they also have a historical building area similar to our own St Fagans , but bigger. Unfortunately they don`t sell beer there at medieval prices

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

Only holds £20k! Allocation down, flights up! Might drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Only holds £20k! Allocation down, flights up! Might drive it!

I was inititally annoyed when I first found out earlier, but actually looking forward to a little weekend over there now. I've not been there in ages, but it's a lovely city and well worth a trip, and I've also not been to AGF's stadium before. Also, if anyone has booked anything for Copenhagen already, fear not. There's a couple of trains after the games that would get you back not too late. One at 20:42 is doable with a brisk walk after the game. If you get in and book nice and early, you can get "orange" tickets on the DSB trains website for as low as 99 kroner, about £12, bargain.
    Also, they could have played the game all the way up north in Aalborg... Now that would have been a massive årse ache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I was inititally annoyed when I first found out earlier, but actually looking forward to a little weekend over there now. I've not been there in ages, but it's a lovely city and well worth a trip, and I've also not been to AGF's stadium before. Also, if anyone has booked anything for Copenhagen already, fear not. There's a couple of trains after the games that would get you back not too late. One at 20:42 is doable with a brisk walk after the game. If you get in and book nice and early, you can get "orange" tickets on the DSB trains website for as low as 99 kroner, about £12, bargain.
    Also, they could have played the game all the way up north in Aalborg... Now that would have been a massive årse ache!!!
    Ryanair used to do direct flights Stansted to Aarhus for about £100 return. Don`t know if they still do.

we played there is the late 80s in the ECWC

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Thanks for the info mate.
    We have already booked and will need to travel from Copenhagen, though I'm sure there will be buses arranged for those in the same boat as us.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Ryanair used to do direct flights Stansted to Aarhus for about £100 return. Don`t know if they still do.
    Bollocks, already booked flights. Why do we always get dicked off away from the main city. At least I've not booked accommodation yet so may be 2 nights in Copenhagen and Sunday in Aarhus . 3 hours away so going to be going to be tight for a lunchtime flight to Copenhagen on the Monday.

Where's this been announced , I can see something on Facebook but not on the FAW site.

To Brian have a look at walesaway on twitter. Loads of useful info there.

I was pissed off at first but its no problem really. Will still stay in Copenhagen for 2 nights and either get a train or there may be coaches someone will set up. Be a good piss up on the way either way.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHindsight View Post
    To Brian have a look at walesaway on twitter. Loads of useful info there.

I was pissed off at first but its no problem really. Will still stay in Copenhagen for 2 nights and either get a train or there may be coaches someone will set up. Be a good piss up on the way either way.
    Thanks for that - I thought there would be coaches but 3 hours either way is a bit of a pain. At lease we are there for three nights as well so can get over there on the Saturday or Sunday.

Copenhagen Blue, what time does the more comfortable train leave Aarhus and arrive back in Copenhagen, rather than the brisk walk for the 2042.

I’ve paid for my hotel (Hotel Sct Thomas) for 2 nights and don’t want to write off the cost and rebook in Aarhus.

Any information would be much appreciated mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Copenhagen Blue, what time does the more comfortable train leave Aarhus and arrive back in Copenhagen, rather than the brisk walk for the 2042.

I’ve paid for my hotel (Hotel Sct Thomas) for 2 nights and don’t want to write off the cost and rebook in Aarhus.

Any information would be much appreciated mate.
    Hi, I'm taking the info from the DSB.dk website. You can't search that far in advance yet, so I am basing it on the Sunday timetable that's currently available to see. There's a later train at 21:48, arriving in CPH Central at 01:22. I happen to know that hotel you're staying at, and it's about a 20 minute walk from cnetral station I would say. After that, the next train is at 00:48, arriving at 04:23.
    Cheap "orange" tickets come available 2 months in advance. Be quick and you could get a return for 200 kroner, which is a great deal!

https://www.dsb.dk/

Thanks very much for taking the time to look into this. Much appreciated pal 👍🏼