+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Grujic a liability?

Is Grujic a liability?

Saturday is a massive game. Can we afford to play a player who gets booked regularly?

He was given a final warning after being booked at Hull. He was then subbed just after h-t.

I know he was booked twice in his first 3 games.

I believe it'll only be a lack of discipline that would cost us the game on Sunday.

Bryson for me

Re: Is Grujic a liability?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Saturday is a massive game. Can we afford to play a player who gets booked regularly?

He was given a final warning after being booked at Hull. He was then subbed just after h-t.

I believe it'll only be a lack of discipline that would cost us the game on Sunday.

Bryson for me

I'm not a Bryson fan, however, I thought he had arguably his best game against Hull, he did what was required.

I think Grujic always looks likely to pick up a booking and yet when he does, he doesn't seem to take on board the implications and always looks close to a second bookable offence.

So, yes - in answer to your question, Grujic is a liability.

His bookings tend to be farcical - the ones at Sheff Wed on debut and home to Barnsley in particular.

He is a quality player and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he starts to get the team organised and in front.

Warnock's central midfield pick is going to be crucial.

I suspect it'll be Grujic, Ralls and Paterson.

But it could be Bryson

Rest of the team picks itself.

Bryson for me
    I stated this a week ago, keep up.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...t-being-picked

Support the boys..and make..some..noise..

Or don't bother.

tomorrow i think yes

I would start Grujic, use him to (hopefully) get a hold of midfield, and hope we can get ourselves in front. Warnock needs to drill into him that he needs to keep his head on Sunday of all games. If we have that precious lead with around half hour to go (assuming we don't need to make another quick change before the hour mark like we did at Hull), get Bryson on to do what he does best, and never stop running to help see the game out. Bryson deserves a lot of credit for what he's done since being here, and I feel that bringing him on as a set of fresh legs when we're already leading the game is where he is best suited. Same has to be said for Madine, who has good hold up play when the lead is with us and the pressure is off. Fingers crossed we get into these positions on Sunday and we aren't chasing a goal (or more) with 20 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Well done you. Do you honestly think I read every post?

Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    His bookings tend to be farcical - the ones at Sheff Wed on debut and home to Barnsley in particular.

He is a quality player and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he starts to get the team organised and in front.

Warnock's central midfield pick is going to be crucial.

I suspect it'll be Grujic, Ralls and Paterson.

But it could be Bryson

Rest of the team picks itself.
    If Grujic is the better player, start with him and see. If yellow carded Warnock has the option of subbing him to avoid going down to 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If Grujic is the better player, start with him and see. If yellow carded Warnock has the option of subbing him to avoid going down to 10 men.
    Start Bryson. He's been brilliant recently and Reading don't like being pressed. Ralls, Bryson and Paterson have enough bite to play well.

We play better with Grujic in midfield, we can always him off if we have to

If he plays he’ll be booked in the first half hour

He makes challenges the same as all our team do, and the same as we all see the opposition do, he's just a bit naive out about it really.

He needs to learn as he gets more experienced and plays more games, if he can't listen to Warnock on Sunday of all days then he might take a bit longer to develop than he wants, I'd bet Warnock has drilled it into him enough all week. It's not a pub team ffs. They do train and talk through the week.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He makes challenges the same as all our team do, and the same as we all see the opposition do, he's just a bit naive out about it really.

He needs to learn as he gets more experienced and plays more games, if he can't listen to Warnock on Sunday of all days then he might take a bit longer to develop than he wants, I'd bet Warnock has drilled it into him enough all week. It's not a pub team ffs. They do train and talk through the week.
    A bit naive? Will that naivety be cured come Sunday?

I wouldn't play him.

A bit naive? Will that naivety be cured come Sunday?

I wouldn't play him.
    How would I know until he trips someone on Sunday

I think he make a multiple challenges that on their own aren't worth the ref wasting his breath, but it's probably the fact he makes them too frequently, call it inexperience, naivety or whatever you want, but I'm pretty sure he will eventually grow out of it and learn to play smarter... in fact if he wants a career at a top club he probably needs to start sooner than later.

He's a good talent.

No, he’s quite a good player and better than anything the other lot gave got