+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nervous about Reading? WHY???????

Nervous about Reading? WHY???????

I haven't seen a more nailed on home win in this league all season.

Since Clement (another over hyped manager - this will be his last job in the top 2 divisions) arrived, they have

P 7
    W 2
    D 1
    L 4

Scored 4
    Conceded 14

Most of the players there know they are on the way out - risk injury now? No chance.

Reading will NOT score Sunday.

The question is, will Cardiff? If Fulham take the lead before Cardiff do, will that distract Cardiff? It is this element that brings some unpredictability to proceedings. I risked a tenner on Fulham to go up at 4/1 - just because football is capable of throwing a scenario together like Fulham bettering Cardiff's result.

However, looking at the cold, hard facts - there is absolutely no way that Reading will be able to lift themselves for this one. Uninspiring manager (have you heard him speak?), players on the way out, beach holidays booked. A few players may be hell bent on spoiling the party, but not enough. Reading are where they are for a good reason - they are shit. Cardiff are where they are for a good reason - Warnock.

This will be done and dusted by 1pm. Cardiff to win by 4 (providing they score before Fulham do). If Fulham are winning in Birmingham, and Cardiff are drawing then I still think Cardiff have the experience to win through in a more nervy 2-0 victory.

Re: Nervous about Reading? WHY???????

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Since Clement (another over hyped manager - this will be his last job in the top 2 divisions) arrived, they have

P 7
    W 2
    D 1
    L 4

Scored 4
    Conceded 14

Most of the players there know they are on the way out - risk injury now? No chance.

The question is, will Cardiff? If Fulham take the lead before Cardiff do, will that distract Cardiff? It is this element that brings some unpredictability to proceedings. I risked a tenner on Fulham to go up at 4/1 - just because football is capable of throwing a scenario together like Fulham bettering Cardiff's result.

However, looking at the cold, hard facts - there is absolutely no way that Reading will be able to lift themselves for this one. Uninspiring manager (have you heard him speak?), players on the way out, beach holidays booked. A few players may be hell bent on spoiling the party, but not enough. Reading are where they are for a good reason - they are shit. Cardiff are where they are for a good reason - Warnock.

This will be done and dusted by 1pm. Cardiff to win by 4 (providing they score before Fulham do). If Fulham are winning in Birmingham, and Cardiff are drawing then I still think Cardiff have the experience to win through in a more nervy 2-0 victory.

I'm going 0-0 in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I am, obviously, talking about the fact that both games kick off at the same time. If news comes through of Birmingham 0 - 1 Fulham then Cardiff 0 - 0 Reading may be affected if players are distracted. It won't happen though. Reading are awful.

I am, obviously, talking about the fact that both games kick off at the same time. If news comes through of Birmingham 0 - 1 Fulham then Cardiff 0 - 0 Reading may be affected if players are distracted. It won't happen though. Reading are awful.
    Yes, my computer decided to post before I'd finished typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Yes, my computer decided to post before I'd finished typing.
    Happens to me all the time

Reading won’t score and Cardiff will, it’s a formality

Oh aye. Very much so. Two strong ex Jack connections. They also mullered us in Royal Berkshire. Daylight robbery that was.

P 7
    W 2
    D 1
    L 4

Scored 4
    Conceded 14

Because if Cardiff City can bugger it up, they will. That’s why.