+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not nervous about Reading? WHY?

Not nervous about Reading? WHY?

I haven't seen a more nailed on home win in this league all season. But, this is not a League game. It's a cup final.

Last 4 games, they have conceded 10 and lost 3. The other was a 2-2 draw. Of the last 360 minutes, they have been winning for just 27. And, let's not forget Bolton beating Cardiff. These things happen/

Most of the players there know they are on the way out - one last hurrah? Why not? Spoil a promotion party whilst securing safety ourselves? Yes please. I remember Cardiff beating Bristol Rovers on the last weekend of the season (as many Brizzle fans as Cardiff) to stop them making the play-offs. When you're having a shit season, ending it by being party poopers is a little sweetener.

Reading should NOT score Sunday. But, a few players there go down quite easily. What if they dupe the ref? It happens.

Then, news comes through that Fulham are losing. Both teams settle for a point? Until... bang bang, Fulham get two quick late goals and Cardiff can't raise the tempo through shell-shock.

This has all the hallmarks of one of those afternoons of disappointment. Wales v Romania, Wales v Russia, Cardiff v Blackpool, all those times the prize was in the stadium, all those times the prize went elsewhere.

Clement labelled them a disgrace last week. Professional pride surely kicks in there now.

Re: Not nervous about Reading? WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I haven't seen a more nailed on home win in this league all season. But, this is not a League game. It's a cup final.

Last 4 games, they have conceded 10 and lost 3. The other was a 2-2 draw. Of the last 360 minutes, they have been winning for just 27. And, let's not forget Bolton beating Cardiff. These things happen/

Most of the players there know they are on the way out - one last hurrah? Why not? Spoil a promotion party whilst securing safety ourselves? Yes please. I remember Cardiff beating Bristol Rovers on the last weekend of the season (as many Brizzle fans as Cardiff) to stop them making the play-offs. When you're having a shit season, ending it by being party poopers is a little sweetener.

Reading should NOT score Sunday. But, a few players there go down quite easily. What if they dupe the ref? It happens.

Then, news comes through that Fulham are losing. Both teams settle for a point? Until... bang bang, Fulham get two quick late goals and Cardiff can't raise the tempo through shell-shock.

This has all the hallmarks of one of those afternoons of disappointment. Wales v Romania, Wales v Russia, Cardiff v Blackpool, all those times the prize was in the stadium, all those times the prize went elsewhere.

Clement labelled them a disgrace last week. Professional pride surely kicks in there now.

Why does this sound like a very desperate wish list?

We are all aware of the potential disappointment that awaits us on Sunday. Would we have turned our noses up at this secenario at the start of the season?
    Any true City fan would have bitten your hand off for this final one off opportunity.

Am I nervous about Sunday? Absolutely, what real fan of the beautiful and frustrating game wouldn't be!
    Am I optimistic about our chances of being promoted? Of course I am! It will be one of the most fulfilling days of my life, I enjoy the reflected glory, the pride in my club, the wonderment at what Warnock and the players might achieve.

That is because I am a fan, eternally optimistic and truly grateful that I support my local team!

Are you such a fan?

We were more "nailed on" to beat Peterborough in our last promo season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post

We are all aware of the potential disappointment that awaits us on Sunday. Would we have turned our noses up at this secenario at the start of the season?
    Any true City fan would have bitten your hand off for this final one off opportunity.

Am I nervous about Sunday? Absolutely, what real fan of the beautiful and frustrating game wouldn't be!
    Am I optimistic about our chances of being promoted? Of course I am! It will be one of the most fulfilling days of my life, I enjoy the reflected glory, the pride in my club, the wonderment at what Warnock and the players might achieve.

That is because I am a fan, eternally optimistic and truly grateful that I support my local team!

Are you such a fan?
    No.

It will be Cardiff celebration Sunday at 14.45 that I am sure of

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    It will be Cardiff celebration Sunday at 14.45 that I am sure of
    I can't see anything other to be honest.

We will win comfortably Sunday, no problem. The dodgy one one was Hull, and we came through that easily in the end.
    Don't worry, it's not like a play off, where you're worried about aggregate scores, it's a one off win, and we're up against one of the shittest sides in the league. A shite team who are playing away in front of 33500 baying intimidating fans, who will boo their every pass, cheer our every tackle. However their mindset coming into it, they will know in the back of their minds they're going to lose.
    They're shit, we are pretty good. If we we're playing Wolves again, I'd be slightly less confident, but Reading? **** off!

Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    We will win comfortably Sunday, no problem. The dodgy one one was Hull, and we came through that easily in the end.
    Don't worry, it's not like a play off, where you're worried about aggregate scores, it's a one off win, and we're up against one of the shittest sides in the league. A shite team who are playing away in front of 33500 baying intimidating fans, who will boo their every pass, cheer our every tackle. However their mindset coming into it, they will know in the back of their minds they're going to lose.
    They're shit, we are pretty good. If we we're playing Wolves again, I'd be slightly less confident, but Reading? **** off!

Keep the faith.
    Tnis is how I see it, I can’t see reading getting a corner, hull was the potential banana skin, you are mentally strong, you are not going to through it away against reading, wolves, villa understand to be abit nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post

Are you such a fan?
    Excellent post, and his is not a fan, he is a pathetic WUM.

My God ......... talk about Negativity, maybe you need to get some professional HELP !!!!

Will you be at the game on Sunday?

International

this and everything you said about Reading was also said about sunderland. On paper they were one of the strongest sides in the league whereas Reading are not. They were called embarrassing and they were suposedly playing for their own reputations, but they were and the didn't. What makes you think reading will?

Just like Jursset your pathetic jinx attempt will fall flat on its face.

Next.