+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It is as much about the journey as the destination...

It is as much about the journey as the destination...

I was lucky enough to be able to buy myself a new car a few years back and I often think that I derived as much satisfaction from the months spent researching the market, choosing a model and spec. etc as I have from driving the car subsequently.

This season has been the same. I have really enjoyed the journey and if the destination is the Premier League then I’m sure that will be good too. But whereas I’ll naturally be disappointed if we don’t go up on Sunday, and I feel much calmer than I have in past seasons, I have really savoured this season and all this week I have been looking forward to the game with great optimism as I have approached every game this year.

And I don’t remember the last time I was able to
    say that!

Well done to everyone at the club for an outstanding season. Let’s just finish the job properly on Sunday.

Re: It is as much about the journey as the destination...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I was lucky enough to be able to buy myself a new car a few years back and I often think that I derived as much satisfaction from the months spent researching the market, choosing a model and spec. etc as I have from driving the car subsequently.

This season has been the same. I have really enjoyed the journey and if the destination is the Premier League then I’m sure that will be good too. But whereas I’ll naturally be disappointed if we don’t go up on Sunday, and I feel much calmer than I have in past seasons, I have really savoured this season and all this week I have been looking forward to the game with great optimism as I have approached every game this year.

say that!

Well done to everyone at the club for an outstanding season. Let’s just finish the job properly on Sunday.
    Ford Focus?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

say that!

Great post but I’d argue football is almost ALL about the journey. Succeed or fail, within a few weeks the journey starts again whatever league you are in. The final scheduled act of this journey is on Sunday and it’s going to be an amazing occasion either way. Once our fate is decided I’ll not spend as much time thinking of the outcome as I will about the following season and what we need to do over the Summer.

I agree with you about this season though - it’s right up there with the most enjoyable season I can remember. The winner takes all finale may just make it the best ever if we succeed against all expectations.

Great posts both.

Sums up how I feel too.

What I would like to add is how immensely proud I am of all involved in our club this season.

It really has been a belter, full of passion, character and spirit.

A whole load of fantastic memories.

Is it too much to ask for just 1 more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Ford Focus?
    Trabant

There have been comparisons with Mackay's and Dave Jones's teams and for me, this one wins hands down.
    The commitment and desire to compete for everything from day one (last season) of Warnock' s tenure has made this season the most enjoyable I can remember.

The prize is huge and if we manage to secure it, it will be down to this group of players galvanised by a truly talented man.

I've not even contemplated failure but what I do know is we will still have Warnock next season. We may have some different personnel, but we will have more of the same. I have found that comforting in this last week's build up.