+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Hughton

Re: Chris Hughton

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Firstly,let me qualify what I am about to ask by saying that I love Neil Warnock and what he has done for the club since he became manager.BUT....legend has it that Chris Hughton was interviewed for the City job when Dave Jones was sacked,but his PowerPoint presentation had the badges of another club on it(West Ham?)Obviously this didn’t go down too well with his prospective employers,and Malky Mackay was given the job.The question I am asking is,would you rather be where we are now,or would you rather Hughton was given the job and his career played out as it has at Brighton?Bear in mind the Malky racism episode which caused so much bad feeling, and the subsequent poor replacements,but also remember the red would probably have happened as well.
    I think that Tan was too involved in signing players and picking the team on occasions, so the same would have happened who ever was manager. The change to red gave the club a toxic atmosphere, and the "we'll always be blue" chants at every game were probably not conducive to a good supporting atmosphere (and I mean supporting for the players on the pitch), making the stadium seem quite negative. This isn't a criticism of the chants, because I was one chanting at every game and who never bought anything with the Tan crest or in red (In fact, whilst we have the red ferret on the badge, I still haven't bought any merchandise). However, the protest ensured we went back to blue, so achieved what was intended - leaving the team to develop as it has.

Re: Chris Hughton

Tans team selections this season have pretty much been spot on, his decision to loan out Tomlin may work in our favour too.