+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Cardiff fans really want prem football ?

Re: Do Cardiff fans really want prem football ?

Just pulling your leg. Got no love for that awful league either. Its the downside of getting promotion for me.

I guess Cardiff fans want to win something they invest into each season , so that means hoping for the Premiership .

Back in the 60's if you went up to Div 1 with a team like we have now we would hold our own and compete fairly well , however now you have such a divide even within the Premiership ,you run the risk of being slaughtered if you don't invest or keep the team spirit intact as best you can .

just need to learn the lesson of Malkay and match Leicester, and it saddens me to say Swansea

I agree with TOBW , not bothering with a season ticket if it meant endless struggling and beatings,its tough to watch misery week in and out ,these moments are meant to be uplifting and enjoyable .

Lets get up first .

Why is everyone so scared of the premiership? Apart from the top 6 the league is not great at all. Any well organised tough team can finish 7th. None of the bottom half would do much better than we have in the championship/ and that’s assuming we don’t sign anyone.

The 3 who went up last year should all stay up, and none of those were brilliant.

We were poor beyond belief with ole yet still won a few games! How we didn’t get zero points with him in charge is beyond me.

Don’t let the sky hype fool you- it’s really not that good.

For any fan saying they don't want to be in the PL are deluded or softening the blow if we don't go up.

You'll be creaming your pants like the rest of us when we go 3-0 up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I want Premier League football for at least two seasons - after that, I believe my enthusiasm for it would start to fade. Our only Premier League campaign so far was a bit of a disaster on the back of us becoming something of a national laughing stock, so I would like us to show that we can compete and stay up at that level and I would be pleased for Neil Warnock because he would have gone some way to proving himself in "the best league in the world".
    What Leicester did two years ago gives hope to clubs like us that it doesn't have to be a never ending struggle against the drop in the Premier League, but lightning very rarely strikes in the same place twice and so the odds on anyone else doing a Leicester in the foreseeable future must be huge now.
    Maybe our friend from Fulham will tell me different, but I can't see the sort of existence they had in the Premier League, especially in their latter years there, appealing to me - there would be the odd Man City type win which would provide good memories, but I reckon a decade of facing new seasons in a league where a top ten finish would be considered a great success would soon start boring me.
    In tne unlikely event that we go up, and I can speak from experience of seeing Fulham 13 consecutive in the prem. It does get boring, playing the same teams year after year, when at first I loved going to old trafford etc, after a few years of going there by every mode of transport possible. I stopped going, last season I just wanted to get to wembley, this year I want to go up, not to play the big teans etc, just so we can keep some of our star players and manager, and the money that comes with it, all the prem care about is top 6, the media are obsessed with top 6, and all the decisions go the way of top 6, the excitement in the championship is second to none, on the lis side staying up at pompey away 2008: and getting to a Europa cup final takes some beating

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for the smartarse reply, but I was just talking about my attitude towards ten years of relegation battles in the Premier League - I could see me not bothering with a season ticket eventually if that happened.
    Which is understandable but I’d take 10 years of that versus the last 10 years (or however many years they’ve been a mid table Championship side) of being an Ipswich Town supporter.

Championships only good if you’re within a shout of at least the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    In tne unlikely event that we go up, and I can speak from experience of seeing Fulham 13 consecutive in the prem. It does get boring, playing the same teams year after year, when at first I loved going to old trafford etc, after a few years of going there by every mode of transport possible. I stopped going, last season I just wanted to get to wembley, this year I want to go up, not to play the big teans etc, just so we can keep some of our star players and manager, and the money that comes with it, all the prem care about is top 6, the media are obsessed with top 6, and all the decisions go the way of top 6, the excitement in the championship is second to none, on the lis side staying up at pompey away 2008: and getting to a Europa cup final takes some beating
    The downside of all that is many teams who are relegated from the Premier League tend to struggle when they are back in the Championship.

This is a bit of a daft thread really. There will be about 31000+ City fans there tomorrow. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority, if not all, are there to see City win and thereby get into the Premiership. It is likely that there are a few people posting on here who dont go and dont actually support the club, who want City to fail but thats another issue. If we do make it then the next goal is to survive next season and gradually improve with the hope of becoming an established team at that level and so on. There are things to look forward to and achieve and thats all that matters to me. I want to see the team I support improve every year.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is a bit of a daft thread really. There will be about 31000+ City fans there tomorrow. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority, if not all, are there to see City win and thereby get into the Premiership. It is likely that there are a few people posting on here who dont go and dont actually support the club, who want City to fail but thats another issue. If we do make it then the next goal is to survive next season and gradually improve with the hope of becoming an established team at that level and so on. There are things to look forward to and achieve and thats all that matters to me. I want to see the team I support improve every year.
    End of thread

I do, as if you are not trying to win, then no point in playing, thus the ultimate aim is to win all games and get promoted

YET

It was no fun last time, the bottom of the prem isnt the place to be

But yes of course I want it, only to get amongst the big boys and give them a going over and listen to the press moan about us ( like the Man city cup game )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I do, as if you are not trying to win, then no point in playing, thus the ultimate aim is to win all games and get promoted

YET

It was no fun last time, the bottom of the prem isnt the place to be

But yes of course I want it, only to get amongst the big boys and give them a going over and listen to the press moan about us ( like the Man city cup game )
    If only the Premier League hadn't screwed up the old First Division ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Assuming the answer is yes with everyone, my next question is why?
    I get the derby with Swansea, i expect my reasons are different from most on here
    Change of scene from going to Ipswich and all the others we seem to play every year.

Premiership yes, prima donna top 6 no, they can feck off to a Super League with their arrogant, self righteous fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Premiership yes, prima donna top 6 no, they can feck off to a Super League with their arrogant, self righteous fans.
    It's like supporting McDonald's FC or Starbucks FC