+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Cardiff fans really want prem football ?

Do Cardiff fans really want prem football ?

Assuming the answer is yes with everyone, my next question is why?
    I get the derby with Swansea, i expect my reasons are different from most on here

Re: Do Cardiff fans really want prem football ?

Well I suppose you have to have a goal or there's no point competing, but I know what you mean, after the last time we we there.
    I love the championship, but if you want to be a "top team", well you have to be there competing with the big boys.
    The fantastic memories of the last time we were there will live with me forever.
    (man city man utd)
    I loved being on match of the day, and all the back pages.
    I didn't like losing most games.......................... Come on Neil,
    some games is ok

Lower mid table would be fine.

Bloooooobirds!

Nah. Not at all. Want to lose sunday actually, and then get relegated until we are mid table league 2. AgAInsT ModERn FoOtbaLL

I think what you're asking is "do Cardiff want to have one or more seasons like Swansea have had the last three years?". And my answer is "not really". However, I'd like a shot at doing what Leicester have done. So I'll take it.

We've been in the premier league and for the most part it was a real struggle. However, I'd love to see city playing in Europe again one day and the only way to do that now is with the money from the top flight. We can dream.

To hopefully set us up for years financially and keep the club going so my kids, Grandkids and their kids can have the same love / hate / addiction / affliction as me.

Also, I've achieved virtually every football ambition I've ever had since being a kid.

Seeing City in a Wembley FA Cup Final
    Seeing City in the top flight
    Seeing Wales in a Euros or World Cup

Now all I need is seeing us in the top flight in Blue and that'll be me

A resounding yes. Surely a team has to keep pushing to be the best they can.?

I’d like it for the players and manager and the potential for financial stability. In terms of the football I probably prefer the cut and thrust and more real feel of the Championship. But as mentioned above, probably part of that is the goal of chasing promotion.

Yes mainly for the profile and finances for the club and for Warnock to get his 8th promotion
    There are much bigger clubs in the championship tbh than some of the clubs in the Prem
    And because the last time we’re there , there was too much off the field shenanigans going on that ruined it
    There wasn’t many highlights then only man city home and wba away which we drew
    The club is so much different now on and off the field
    I think we’ll see that tomorrow with all the fans united begins the club

Not fussed on the Prem and all the phoney shit that goes with it - including the pre maradona’s and condescending twats on TV.

I am however looking forward to seeing how Warnock handles it this time and to watching fans of other teams explode with rage if we beat them. I’m expecting us to come straight back down but hopefully in a better position financially this time.

Finally, being in the Prem makes a big difference to Cardiff as a place so it’ll be worth the pain for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    To hopefully set us up for years financially and keep the club going so my kids, Grandkids and their kids can have the same love / hate / addiction / affliction as me.
    Should be locked up for that sort of abuse Mike 😂

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think what you're asking is "do Cardiff want to have one or more seasons like Swansea have had the last three years?". And my answer is "not really". However, I'd like a shot at doing what Leicester have done. So I'll take it.
    What Leicester?

You mean financially cheat to get up, fire youth players for racism but not their star striker and benefit from top sides slumping / Spurs choking? Not to mention the incredible number of ref decisions going their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Not fussed on the Prem and all the phoney shit that goes with it - including the pre maradona’s and condescending twats on TV.

I am however looking forward to seeing how Warnock handles it this time and to watching fans of other teams explode with rage if we beat them. I’m expecting us to come straight back down but hopefully in a better position financially this time.

Finally, being in the Prem makes a big difference to Cardiff as a place so it’ll be worth the pain for that alone.
    Well said mate, that`s pretty much how the Prem. is for me, the chase can be a lot better than the prize, not financially but in other ways. And oh them pre maradonnas are right up there with the prima donnas too !!
    Not long new PB, I feel like a kid again, COME ON CITY !!!

Want it for "OUR NEIL" and his wife Sharon, they've earned it and deserve all the praise and accumulations that go with it

Also want it for the players and every hard working member of staff.

For Vinnie, for his relenting (couldn't give a shit, if it was his mum or not, he changed his mind) and sticking with us.

For me personally, could not give a flying fig for the premier league.

It's not about not winning, it's about lack of game time. I was brought up on, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday games, if you're not involved in Europe, in the Prem, you don't get that.

Games to far apart. So it's a big NO for me, BUT the club deserve it.

Yes, because every club strives to be the best, you have to be in it to win it.

International

I said in another post, i wishh we could just take the money and ask to stay where we are.

Ot go up for 1 year, not spend a fortune then cget relegated and have the parachute payments and another 4 years of good footbal excitement and 46 games a season , then get promoted again.
    If wishes were horses......................

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Yes mainly for the profile and finances for the club and for Warnock to get his 8th promotion
    There are much bigger clubs in the championship tbh than some of the clubs in the Prem
    And because the last time we’re there , there was too much off the field shenanigans going on that ruined it
    There wasn’t many highlights then only man city home and wba away which we drew
    The club is so much different now on and off the field
    I think we’ll see that tomorrow with all the fans united begins the club
    ..man utd at home
    Fulham away
    Southampton away

I want to see Man U. Wayne Rooney's my favorite player. I have a poster of him on my wall.

I masturbate to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

THIS...Stress free next season..if we go up..every win a bonus.
    If we stay up another 100 .million.

The Premier League is a bit like the Holy Grail in Indian Jones.

You get it wrong you end up like that dude at the end. Just ask Sunderland fans, they all will have aged prematurely by now.

Be sensible, take the beatings and then go again in the championship the following season. Become a yo yo club, just like all the other yo yo clubs.

Back in the sticker books
    Players actual proper race on Fifa
    To say I was there for the once in a generation game (eg Man City)

I want Premier League football for at least two seasons - after that, I believe my enthusiasm for it would start to fade. Our only Premier League campaign so far was a bit of a disaster on the back of us becoming something of a national laughing stock, so I would like us to show that we can compete and stay up at that level and I would be pleased for Neil Warnock because he would have gone some way to proving himself in "the best league in the world".
    What Leicester did two years ago gives hope to clubs like us that it doesn't have to be a never ending struggle against the drop in the Premier League, but lightning very rarely strikes in the same place twice and so the odds on anyone else doing a Leicester in the foreseeable future must be huge now.
    Maybe our friend from Fulham will tell me different, but I can't see the sort of existence they had in the Premier League, especially in their latter years there, appealing to me - there would be the odd Man City type win which would provide good memories, but I reckon a decade of facing new seasons in a league where a top ten finish would be considered a great success would soon start boring me.

Yeah I agree if we are still finishing in midtable in 10 years time we should get relegated on purpose just to break up the monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Yeah I agree if we are still finishing in midtable in 10 years time we should get relegated on purpose just to break up the monotony.
    Thanks for the smartarse reply, but I was just talking about my attitude towards ten years of relegation battles in the Premier League - I could see me not bothering with a season ticket eventually if that happened.